As digital innovation continues to grow, organizations are increasingly investing in technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, edge computing, blockchain, and IoT to improve customer experiences and business performance.
Public Cloud services are often the most popular and cheapest. That’s why it’s important to understand what a Public Cloud is, what it offers, and why you should choose it.
Points to be covered:
Watch this video on Public vs Private vs Hybrid Cloud to learn everything in detail.
What is Public Cloud?
The Public Cloud deployment model is a common solution for organizations with specific or predictable storage and processing needs. Third parties provide these Public Cloud services in a variety of models, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
One of the most popular kinds of cloud computing is Public Cloud Computing. Cloud resources, such as servers and storage, are managed by third-party cloud service providers and delivered over the Internet.
Microsoft Azure is an example of a Public Cloud.
Enroll in the Cloud Computing Courses and get certified!
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Why Public Cloud is used?
Modern companies need to be faster and more agile to be more productive. Processes, tools, technologies, and policies must be continuously developed and improved. Flexibility helps companies make faster decisions, prioritize work, and ensure customer satisfaction.
The Public Cloud enables companies to simplify internal operations, improve delivery, roll out new business initiatives, and improve data collection. Businesses will look to cloud service providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud to deliver business data insights from traditional IT operations teams to data scientists.
Using a public cloud can significantly reduce costs by eliminating hardware and related maintenance costs. Additionally, it lowers the price of software licensing and storage.
Deploying on-premises applications often requires time and resources to update and maintain the application. On the other hand, the operating systems, applications, and services available in public clouds are often the latest and best available, such as security, artificial intelligence, application monitoring and control, cloud development, and big data analytics.
Public Cloud services in India will continue to grow as the wave of digitalization is growing and organizations understand the power of the cloud, it will help them in their digital transformation.
The growth rate of cloud services is constantly increasing. This is partly due to the data and analytics services that businesses of all sizes need.
Want to crack the cloud interview? Let’s look into the best Cloud Computing interview questions!
Advantages and disadvantages of Public Cloud
When using Public Clouds in businesses, there are some advantages and disadvantages that the company gets from it. So, let’s look at each of them in detail below:
Advantages of Public Cloud
- Businesses can scale up storage when needed and scale down when demand is low. They can increase their cloud storage instantly, resulting in a quick and timely manner to market.
- In general, it’s reliability is quite high. Major cloud services providers like AWS and Azure have multiple data centers and big Internet infrastructure. Moreover, they have backup power sources, and a large number of employees to keep everything working smoothly.
- The Public Cloud computing model is not only cheaper but also efficient. Large Public Cloud providers also offer large amounts of disk space.
- Public Clouds are typically pay-as-you-go, so clients only pay for the resources they use. It also allows companies to avoid the high costs of building and maintaining infrastructure facilities.
- Public Clouds often have built-in features and easy-to-manage tools, such as security and compliance management.
- One of the primary advantages of the Public Cloud is the disaster recovery measures included in the service. All data is stored and backed up on an external server, which may be located hundreds of thousands of miles from any location.
Disadvantages of Public Cloud
- One of the biggest limitations of the Public Cloud is that all of the organization’s resources cannot be migrated to the cloud at once. In addition, data transfer between different data centers causes delays between applications and cloud services.
- Many businesses are concerned about the security and privacy of their data when using a Public Cloud service. Furthermore, the third-party provider’s reliability is called into question as it could come from different regions with distinct security and privacy regulations.
- Lack of customization in Public Cloud solutions is one of the drawbacks of Public Cloud. Because multiple companies use the same solution, this technology’s customization is minimal.
- The same payment of pay-as-you-go model that keeps Public Cloud costs down can be problematic in some cases. As, if the use of any application increases, organizations face incredibly high rates.
Differences between Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud
Today, almost everyone understands the significance of cloud computing. Scalability, instant provisioning, virtualized resources, and the ability to rapidly expand the server base are all advantages of using the Public, Private, or Hybrid Cloud.
So, let’s understand everything that will help to differentiate between Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud.
| Public Cloud|| Private Cloud||Hybrid Cloud|
|Anyone can use the Public Cloud services.||Only the organization itself can use the Private Cloud services.||It is the combination of both Public and Private Clouds.|
|The cost of the Public Cloud is lower, and you just pay for the resources you will really use- you don’t have to pay for any unused resources.||Whereas, in the case of the Private Cloud, it is fairly expensive and scaling is also costly.||It is the combination of the pricing models of both Public and Private Clouds.|
|The flexibility is lesser in the Public Cloud.||Greater flexibility to control the cloud environment.||Greater flexibility and more deployment options.|
|The security is less in the case of the Public Cloud.||The Private Cloud offers the most security.||The Hybrid Cloud is more secure in comparison to the Public Cloud.|
|The Public Cloud is highly scalable and also you can scale up according to the requirements.||The Private Cloud is not very scalable because it can be scaled only with the capacity of internally hosted resources.||In the case of a Hybrid Cloud, it provides scalability according to the scalability of the Public and Private Clouds in it.|
Also, look into the Cloud Computing Tutorial by Intellipaat!
The rise and execution of Public Cloud services mark an important turning point in computing history. it providers offer the maximum amount of providers and services. Some of the common names are AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Public Cloud platforms accelerate the modernization of IT environments. Enterprise platforms for collaboration, customer service, and talent management are the top three workloads for that organizations are moving to the Public Cloud.
The global cloud computing market has been growing rapidly in recent years, and analysts predict that this trend will continue in the future times.
If you have any doubts or queries related to AWS or cloud computing, do post on AWS Community.