Go through the blog to know which one is better and we shall contrast Firebase vs MongoDB databases for the same in this blog.
MongoDB vs Firebase
Both Firebase and MongoDB are available as services. As a result, you can specify the backend server for your data on each of their respective websites. Most significantly, you may control a variety of variables, including users, permissions, data security, and more. Both MongoDB and Firebase support these settings.
By Contrasting the following, let’s study Firebase vs. MongoDB in greater detail:
Check out this YouTube video on How to Become a Database Administrator:
MongoDB vs Firebase
Both Firebase and MongoDB are aiming to offer modern database solutions for application developers that are reliable, practical, and scalable. Developer expectations are increasing as managed services have swept our sector in the aftermath of cloud computing’s ascent to supremacy.
One of the most well-known open-source NoSQL databases created in C++ is MongoDB. MongoDB is the fourth most popular database management system as of February 2015. It was created by a business called 10gen, which is now called MongoDB Inc.
MongoDB is a document-oriented database that stores data in documents that resemble JSON and have a dynamic schema.
It implies that you can store your records without being concerned with the data structure, such as the number of fields or the kinds of fields that can contain values. Similar to JSON objects are MongoDB documents.
Since MongoDB is a NoSQL database, it is important to comprehend when and why this kind of database is required in practical applications.
Because MongoDB is typically favored by developers or project managers when our primary concern is handling big volumes of data with a good level of performance.
MongoDB is the greatest option if we need to insert thousands of records in a single instant.
Even go through the difference between MongoDB and MySQL.
A backend-as-a-service is Firebase (Baas).It gives developers a variety of tools and services so they can produce high-quality apps, increase their user base, and earn money. It was created using the technical foundation of Google.
A NoSQL database application, Firebase stores data in documents that resemble JSON.
Firebase is a backend-as-a-service (Baas). It gives developers a variety of tools and services so they can produce high-quality apps, increase their user base, and earn money. It was created using the technical foundation of Google.
Developers may easily do on-demand scaling because the services are hosted in the cloud. Currently, developers all over the world rely on Firebase, one of the top platforms for developing mobile applications.
In October 2014, Firebase joined Google and is now the Google BaaS platform. The business later bought Divshot, a web hosting service that it later combined with Firebase.
Interested in mastering Power BI? Check out this Power BI Training Course!
Difference Between MongoDB and Firebase
After examining its technical usage and the database that best fits the product, the best choice can be chosen. To determine which database is the best, we shall compare the technical merits of Firebase and MongoDB for this purpose.
|Firebase is developed by Google||MongoDB is developed by MongoDB, Inc|
|It was released in 2012||MongoDB was initially released in 2009|
|Less Productive as compared to MongoDB||Better Performance with high traffic apps|
|Firebase is a small scale application.||MongoDB is a large scale application|
|Firebase does not support partitioning method||MongoDB supports partitioning method.|
Check out our Power BI Course in Bangalore to get professionally certified.
Firebase Advantages and Disadvantages
Let’s look into Firebase benefits and drawbacks, which are listed below:
- Push notifications, Facebook and Google authentication, real-time data synchronization, and other user-friendly features are offered.
- Synchronization of the ready-made application programme interface is simple.
- Without refreshing, instant updates to the data can be identified.
- Its pricing is flexible and offers a pay-as-you-go option.
- Cloud services from Google are used to host backups.
- Relational queries are not available in Firebase.
- Because there is a paid version, you must purchase Google’s server.
- Due to Firebase’s lack of its own servers, user data export is not feasible.
- Data migration is a tricky task to complete.
- The capacity to answer the questions is constrained.
- The compatibility of SQL chops is insufficient for transfer.
You can learn Power BI from experts in this Power BI Tutorial!
MongoDB Advantages and Disadvantages
Let’s look into MongoDB benefits and drawbacks, which are listed below:
- Many databases have multiple tables with various entities and relationships between them, but because MongoDB has no schema, it can accommodate a wide range of documents in a single collection.
- The programme is unaffected by changes to the database. It is thus adaptable.
- The powerful scaling ability of MongoDB.
- MongoDB’s documentation is superior.
- On your server, MongoDB configuration is uncharged.
- Because there is no potential of SQL injection, data security is guaranteed here.
- It doesn’t provide robust indexing or searching.
- Working with sophisticated queries is fairly challenging.
- There are no stored methods or functions in this.
- Hosting provisions for middlemen are unclear.
- Data corruption or loss over time results in dubious security protocols.
- The ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability) properties are not entirely adhered to.
Wish to crack SQL job interviews? Intellipaat’s Top SQL Interview Questions are meant only for you!
Use Case of MongoDB vs Firebase
Let’s talk about the following MongoDB vs Firebase use case:
Use Case of MongoDB
- When it comes to high-speed logging, MongoDB is taken into account.
- When excellent caching and higher scaling are required, MongoDB is necessary.
- Managing every aspect of configuration is MongoDB.
- The geospatial (location-based) data is kept up to date using MongoDB.
- Large-scale data management employs MongoDB.
Intellipaat provides Database Courses for its learners by industrial experts. Enroll now and get ready to learn more.
Use Case of Firebase
- Firebase is employed to fulfill an application’s need for real-time data.
- Firebase is chosen so that the application can easily scale up often.
- Instant chat, social networking apps, and online gaming all benefit greatly from Firebase.
- Online gaming, social networking applications, and instant chat all gain a lot from Firebase.
- Firebase utilizes an easy-to-use API for integration.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
We hope this blog tries to provide a clear view about Firebase and mongodb as Different issues that call for various approaches. The advantages and disadvantages of the database, as well as the specifications of the issue, must be considered. Employing specialized developers may aid in creating the best apps or websites.
In addition to picking the best database, setting up the back-end database’s structure and creating a successful application requires a team of talented engineers.
For any further communication, you can post your queries in our community!