MongoDB is an open-source, cross-platform, document-oriented database system which is written in C++ programming language. MongoDB database allows several functioning such as insert, update, delete, query, projection, sort () and limit () methods, create and drop collection and many to list.
MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database mainly used for high volume data storage.
MongoDB is a database which came into existence around the mid-year of the 2000s. It falls under the category of a NoSQL database.
Watch MongoDB Tutorial
Despite having a similar functionality with the other NoSQL technologies, MongoDB has created a distinctive place for itself. How and why? Read below :
- Suitable for real-time analytics and processing massive amounts of queries
- Faster access to data as it uses internal memory for storing data
- Embedded documents and arrays reduce need to use expensive joins
- Ability to run over multiple servers
- The load is balanced automatically by keeping data in shards
- Failures are easily administered during failures.
MongoDB versus MySQL
Over a decade MySQL has enjoyed its supremacy as it was an inexpensive and widely used relational database management system for storing the structured data. However, with the advent of the digital age, the data has not remained limited to a single type but can be in any form and in massive amounts. MongoDB is one of the new age databases that solves some of the conventional issues.
How is MongoDB better than MySQL? Let’s compare these two technologies :
||Many alternative data models
||Relational database management system
||A transactional relation datastore
|Performance Enhancement by
||Stored procedures implemented
This tutorial is a quick tour of MongoDB operations and concepts. It covers the step-by-step installation of MongoDB framework on your system or VMware. While you start working in a professional environment, no organization teaches the installation process. Thus, it is a virtual tutor to help you successfully institute the software.
It further includes tutoring on data administration, aggregation, replication, sharding and working with indexes. Along with elementary conceptual knowledge, you gain an understanding of data models and document structure in MongoDB. Since it is an online tutorial, you can learn anytime from anywhere and on any of your devices-laptop, mobile phone, tablets. Our learning packages support both android and iOS, offering the ease of accession.
In the end, it focuses on imparting tips to using MongoDB as per data requirements and handling it when some failures or system crashes occur. It gives you the complete know-how of working with this contemporary yet popular database.
- Software Architects and System Administrators
- Database Professionals aiming to enhance their knowledge of database management
- Project Managers aspiring to learn and teach their teammates advanced ways of database management
- Entry-level programmers in Java, C++, Python, keen to add an advanced learning course to their Resume for jobs in top MNCs
- Graduates keen to add an advanced learning course to their Resume for jobs in top MNCs
- The best thing about opting for this tutorial is that you need not learn any big data processing and related technology in advance.
- It’s just your database concepts that can help you time and again while going through Intellipaat’s content-rich tutorial.
- You can relate the explanations as and when you apply it to real-time projects.
Watch How to Learn MongoDB Tutorial