At the beginning of 2021, Slack an instant messaging platform used by millions of teams every day suffered an interruption in the entire system that left more than 10 million users out of use. Software as a Service is one of the biggest business possibilities. People who are looking for their next service function or even their next commercial company can develop valuable skills and knowledge in this fastest-growing industry.
This blog covers the following topics:
Q1. What is SaaS?
Q2. What are the Advantages of SaaS?
Q3. What are the reasons to do SaaS?
Q4. Companies working with the SaaS model and the Salaries in India
Q5. Is there any advantage of using SaaS over the other cloud-based models, if yes elaborate on it
We have categorized the Top SaaS Interview Questions into the following three parts:
1. Basic SaaS Interview Questions
2. Intermediate SaaS Interview Questions
3. Advanced SaaS Interview Questions
Check out this informative video on What is SaaS
Basic SaaS Interview Questions
1. What is SaaS?
SaaS means Software as a Service. It is an important and promising model in the software industry. It is active, efficient, and productive. It includes speed, flexibility, scalability, easy access, security, and rich connectivity. Many people choose SaaS businesses because they offer their services over the web/internet and do not need to store data on their own devices.
It follows the needs of businesses as well as people or consumers. It has recurring monthly revenue and customer lifetime value, and also the lowest customer acquisition cost. SaaS changing the ways how organizations operate and manage the working environment. SaaS companies have their control over the products they have than the other traditional or different companies, which means they are more secure with faster updates and the best user experience.
2. What are the Advantages of SaaS?
The organization’s various needs to install and run the apps on their computers or in the data centers are reduced by SaaS. This does not include the cost of acquiring, preparing, and maintaining hardware, as well as licensing, installing, and supporting software.
The SaaS offers a variety of advantages, some of which are listed below:
- Customers choose a SaaS product over purchasing software to install or additional hardware to operate it. Many companies can more effectively and reliably plan their budgets by turning expenses into current operating expenses. To stop these repeated fees, users can also at any moment cancel the SaaS product.
- SaaS applications can frequently be customized and integrated with other enterprise software, particularly software from the same provider.
- Cloud services with great vertical scalability, like SaaS, enable clients to access more or fewer features or services as needed.
- Users can access SaaS applications from any device and from any location that is linked to the Internet because SaaS providers distribute apps via the Internet.
- Instead of investing in brand-new software, clients can rely on the SaaS provider to update automatically and control updates. The workload on the employees gets reduced as a result.
3. What are the reasons to do SaaS?
As you know, Software as a service is one of the biggest business possibilities, and also SaaS changing the ways how organizations operate and manages the working environment. There are different reasons that you should do the SaaS business.
- New functions and updates- For giving the users a different experience the software must be updated from time to time and add new functions to it, and do not give them a scope to be tired of. You should feel that the service you are providing is always useful and defined to them and that you have to meet the needs of the customer.
By using SaaS models you can easily add new functions to the software. If needed anytime it is easy enough to add the different functions 2 to 4 times a day. It is useful for both your business and your users of yours. The cost, and also the efforts needed are relatively lower than that of the old traditional model.
- Security- Consumers always want good safety for secret data they transmit to the software. SaaS software can produce high safety for users on various safety measures.
You can invest in safety, recovery, and backup to small average knowledge. Even compared to the local system; The web system takes strong and more reliable security systems and measures.
- Simplicity and easy access- In the sauce, users are always involved, because it is easy to use and easy to access. In addition, it will be easier for you to offer your services to your service users.
You can easily offer a free test version that plays an important role in your audience. It shows a demonstration for people and tells them about software functionality and processing and causing them to gain confidence, and then buy your software membership.
- Avoid expensive, self-developed solutions- The development of your own software is not only hardworking and expensive but also requires experience. You do not need to produce, buy, distribute, and manage software for cloud service fares.
- You only pay for use- This is suitable for everyone – for both private and professional use, and for small and large companies. The reason is that you usually just pay for what you really need, and you don’t need to buy a large bag of expensive software for which you don’t.
Most sauce services also provide the ability to measure your needs, which makes them economically efficient and flexible.
4. Companies working with the SaaS model and the Salaries in India.
Salesforce, Microsoft, LinkedIn, BlackBoard, Atlassian, Adobe, Paypal, Netflix, Zoom, GitHub, and also many companies are working with SaaS models and many more companies are adopting the SaaS models.
The average salaries that the SaaS model followed companies offer are 10.87LPA.
5. Is there any advantage of using SaaS over the other cloud-based models, if yes elaborate on it.
Yes, SaaS offers many advantages over other cloud-based models, including the ability to scale quickly and easily, pay-as-you-go pricing, and greater flexibility. SaaS reduces the organization’s different needs to install the applications and run them on their computers or in the data centers.
This does not include the cost of acquiring, preparing, and maintaining hardware, as well as licensing, installing, and supporting software. SaaS offers several security and compliance benefits, as well as the ability to integrate with other software applications.
Intermediate SaaS Interview Questions
6. Can you tell me what you know about Cloud Computing?
Cloud refers to the servers accessed over the internet, which means storing, managing, and accessing the data and programs on the remote server hosted on the internet instead of the computer’s hard drive. Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data servers, you can access technology services such as computing power, storage, and databases on an as-needed basis from a cloud provider.
- Various organizations are using the cloud for various use cases, like a backup of data, disaster recovery, email services, software development, testing, networking, and customer-facing web applications.
- For example, Health care companies are using the cloud to develop more personalized treatments for patients as well as easy access to the medical history of the patient by the doctors or hospital management in case of emergencies.
7. Differentiate between IAAS and PAAS?
- IaaS is ideal for businesses that want to control information and physical assets. But a great deal of administration is required. Developers and programs that concentrate on developing features of the product benefit greatly from PaaS.
- IaaS is highly scalable and fairly priced, yet it is challenging to maintain. PaaS is less costly and simpler to operate than IaaS but less scalable.
8. Which data types are utilized by cloud computing?
Emails, text messages, Boolean, images, decimals, contacts, numbers, locale, dates, and more are among the several kinds of cloud data. We need new data types to hold these new data because, we all know, data is growing every day.
9. Can you explain the various types of Cloud Computing models?
- Public cloud – This type of cloud is open to all to store and access the information via the internet like it’s available to everyone for accessing. It is managed by third parties.
Advantage: Location independent because its services are delivered through the internet.
Disadvantage: It is less secure because resources here are shared publicly.
- Private cloud – The services in the Private cloud are accessible within an organization i.e it belongs to a specific organization, this is also called an internal or corporate cloud. A private cloud can be managed by the organization itself or a third party also.
Advantage: Because sensitive data and client data are not transferred outside the private infrastructure, there are fewer security issues in the private cloud.
Disadvantage: Private cloud is only used within an organization, which restricts the scope of operations.
- Hybrid cloud – Hybrid cloud is the features of public and private cloud. The critical activities of the organizations are performed by the private cloud and noncritical activities by the public cloud.
Advantage: Scalability, security, and low cost, as like as private and public clouds.
Disadvantage: Managing is difficult or complex because there is more than one type of deployment model.
Check into our Cloud Architect Training, which is designed by experts in affiliation with top organizations such as Microsoft and IBM!
10. Can you elaborate on the various applications that follow SaaS models with examples?
- Business Applications- Every organization requires its cloud application
to grow its business.
For example- Paypal is used as it provides safe payments.
- Data storage and backup Applications- When you need to store any files, data,
images, audio, and videos then you need an application to store these files.
Example- Google Drive.
- Social Applications- When you want to connect with different people socially
throughout the World then social cloud applications allow you to connect with
anyone from anywhere socially.
Example- LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Educational Applications- Like you want to study online through an online
coaching platform then you need an application for that, cloud application provides that easily with the medium of an application.
Example- AWS in education.
Advanced SaaS Interview Questions
11. What is S3?
S3 is a storage service, here you can store an unlimited amount of data. If you want to store any data and access the data frequently AWS will be charging you more but if you store any data like bank details and statements and you need to access the data infrequently AWS will charge less for the storage and very high for the retrieval of the data.
12. How are stopping and terminating an instance different from each other?
When we stop an instance what happens is that the storage is detached from the server and that server is basically given back to AWS but when we terminate an instance the storage is erased and it’s given back to AWS along with the server, so in terms of pricing if you stop a server then you are only charged for the storage but when you terminate a server you are not charged for anything and the server goes out.
13. What is the difference between AMI and Instance?
An AMI (Amazon Machine Image) is a template of an operating system like a CD of an operating system that you can install on any machine that you have similarly an AMI is an installation of an operating system that you can install on any servers which fall in the Amazon infrastructure.
Whereas Instances are nothing but the hardware machines on which you will install AMI. So as said AMIS are templates that can be installed on machines and these machines are called instances. Instances also have types based on the hardware capacity.
14. Which AWS offering enables customers to find or buy and immediately start using software solutions in their AWS environment?
AWS marketplace enables customers to find or buy and immediately start using software solutions in their AWS environment as basically, it’s a place where you can buy all the AWS systems that you are or all the AWS or non-aws software that you require to run on the AWS infrastructure.
Enroll in our AWS Course will help you master various aspects of AWS including SysOps, AWS Developer precepts, AWS Solutions Architect, and AWS Cloud Migration.
15. How would a system administrator add a layer of login security to a user's AWS Management console?
By Enabling Multi-factor authentication.
As it deals with rotating keys that the keys are always retreating so every 30 seconds a new key is generated this key is required while you are logging in so once you have entered your email and password it will not straight away log you in again and give you a confirmation page for a code that you have to enter which will be valid for those 30 seconds.
Now, this can be done using apps, so you have an app from google and also some other third-party vendors, so these apps are compliant with the AWS and you can use them to have access to those keys which are changed every 30 seconds.
So enabling multi-factor authentication over the traditional username and password is the best way of adding a security layer to an AWS management console.
16. What are the roles implemented in Microsoft Azure?
The three roles that Microsoft Azure has implemented are the Web Role, Worker Role, and Virtual Machine Role.
- Web Role- It provides a front-end web solution. Similar to an ASP.NET application. While facilitating, Azure provides IIS, a web server, with all necessary functions.
- Worker Role- If you want to observe log activity, you may use a worker role because it offers solutions for background services and can execute any lengthy tasks.
- Virtual Machine Role- Web and worker roles can both be run or executed in the virtual machine role.
17. What is ARM in Azure?
ARM defines Azure Resource Manager, it was inducted in 2014 which added the concept of a resource group. ARM is Microsoft’s deployment and management service for Azure. It also enables you to centralize the deployment, security, and management of Azure resources. The resource manager deployment model provides several benefits over the classic deployment model.
Enroll in the best Azure Training today, which is in collaboration with Microsoft, and prepare for the certification exam, which will add experience to your resume and act as a bonus while applying for jobs.
18. What are the different types of storage available in Azure?
There are several types of storage available in Azure, they are mentioned here:
- Blobs- Large amounts of unstructured and massive data are stored in this approach.
- Queues- Messages used for interaction between application components are stored in queues.
- Files- Files are utilized to store files and share them as common disk storage between virtual machines.
- Tables- NoSQL tables are used to store structured data and are ideal for small databases.
- Disks- Used to create virtual machine drives for high-input/high-output or random read/write activities.
19. What are the main components of Azure Platform?
Windows Azure has three main components in Azure: Compute, storage, and fabric
- Windows Azure Compute- Azure compute offers a hosting environment for managed code and a computing service via web roles, workers roles, and virtual machine roles.
- Windows Azure Storage- There are four main types of storage services offered by Windows Azure, including queues, tables, binary large objects, windows azure disks, etc.
- Windows Azure Fabric- The open-source distributed systems platform known as Azure Service Fabric is a Platform as a Service that gives users access to the same powerful tools that Microsoft regularly employs to create, maintain, and operate many of its services.
20. Name some roles and features not supported in Azure Virtual Machine.
The various roles and features not supported in Azure Virtual Machine are-
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Server.
- Hyper V (Hyper V role is supported in Azure EV3, and DV3 series virtual machines only).
- Bitlocker Drive Encryption(On the Operating system hard disk may be used on data disks).
- Network Load Balancing.
- Wireless LAN Service.
Post your queries in our Community, and we will help you solve them.