However, it’s difficult to choose the right one for your organization. To solve this problem dive deep to gain a better understanding of the topic and know the exact differences between the two.
Table of Content
Check out this video on Power BI Course to learn its concepts:
What are Qlik Sense and Power BI?
Qlik Sense and Power BI are two prominent business intelligence products that allow users to make informed decisions based on up-to-date data. Qlik Sense is a data visualization platform that allows users to build interactive dashboards, reports, data analysis, discovery, and sharing with others. The proprietary associative engine of Qlik Sense allows users to examine data without prepared queries, making it a perfect solution for ad hoc analysis and data exploration.
Power BI, on the other hand, is a Microsoft-developed business analytics solution that allows users to build and share interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations. Because of its smooth interaction with other Microsoft products, such as Excel and Azure, the tool has become a popular choice for organizations that already utilize Microsoft technologies. The strength of Power BI is its ability to connect to a wide range of data sources, and transform raw data into relevant insights, enabling businesses to make informed decisions.
Intellipaat provides a Power BI Course. Enroll now to get a professional certificate!
This section will compare two of the most popular business intelligence solutions on the market, Qlik Sense and Power BI. Both tools have a number of capabilities that allow users to effectively analyze and visualize their data. Qlik Sense and Power BI are two of the most popular business intelligence tools today, with a variety of capabilities that allow customers to successfully analyze and visualize their data.
- Collaboration – Both Qlik Sense and Power BI make it simple to share findings with others. However, the two tools approach collaboration in quite different ways. Qlik Sense provides a more collaborative workplace by allowing people to collaborate in real-time on the same dashboard or report. In contrast, Power BI integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Teams, making it a better choice for organizations that use Teams for collaboration.
- Data Preparation – Qlik Sense and Power BI offer users the ability to connect to a diverse range of data sources, including cloud-based and on-premises databases, spreadsheets, and web services. While Qlik Sense boasts an intuitive data preparation interface that makes loading and transforming data effortless, Power BI shines in its advanced data modeling capabilities, making it a more suitable option for complex data scenarios.
- Data Visualization – Both Qlik Sense and Power BI can provide users with a variety of data visualization options, such as charts, graphs, and maps. However, the two programs approach data visualization in slightly different ways. The sleek and intuitive interface of Qlik Sense makes it easy for users to build interesting and interactive visualizations. Power BI, on the other hand, offers additional customization capabilities, allowing customers to construct visualizations that are highly tuned to their individual requirements.
- Mobile Support – Both Qlik Sense and Power BI feature mobile apps that allow users to view and interact with their data while on the go. Qlik Sense’s mobile interface is more responsive, making it easier for users to navigate and interact with their data on smaller screens.
Qlik Sense vs Power BI Gartner Analysis – Which one is Better?
|Ability to Execute
|Efficient and reliable performance
|Strong focus on innovation
|Completeness of Vision
|Strong emphasis on proven functionality
|Extensive product roadmap
|More dependable and proven option
|More innovative and dynamic approach
|Suitable for organizations seeking solid business intelligence
|Prioritizes new features and advancements
|Specific needs and goals of the organization
|Importance placed on functionality vs. innovation
Learn more about Power BI from this Power BI Tutorial!
Qlik Sense vs Tableau vs Power BI
In this section, we will compare Qlik Sense, Tableau, and Power BI to help you choose the right BI tool for your organization.
|Uses an associative engine for intuitive exploration
|Requires more planning in a relational data model
|Requires creation of a data model
|Easier for business users and analysts
|More complex, steep learning curve
|Steep learning curve initially, tools for advanced users
|Good visualization and interaction capabilities
|Wide range of powerful visualization options
|Customization options, integrates with Microsoft tools
|Integrates well with third-party applications and data sources
|Provides seamless integration capabilities with various third-party applications and data sources.
|Seamlessly integrates with Microsoft tools
|Efficient for ad hoc exploration, smaller datasets
|Handles larger datasets
|Customizable, leverages Microsoft cloud
|Intuitive exploration and analysis by business users
|Comprehensive data visualization, storytelling
|Deep integration with Microsoft tools
The best choice depends on your organization’s unique needs, users’ skill levels, and existing technological infrastructure.
Check out the Power BI Interview Questions if you are preparing for a job interview.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Qlik Sense vs Power BI Pricing
Pricing is an important factor to consider when selecting a business intelligence tool. Both Qlik Sense and Power BI offer various pricing plans that cater to different organizational needs and budgets. Let’s take a closer look at the pricing structures of both tools:
|Cost per Month per User
|Basic data visualization and analysis tools
|Comprehensive data modeling and visualization capabilities, enterprise-level security and control
|Basic data visualization and analysis tools
|$20,000 per year
|Extensive data modeling and visualization features, enterprise-level security and governance
It is important to note that both tools also offer free trial options, allowing users to test their features before committing to a pricing plan.
When comparing Qlik Sense vs Power BI pricing options, it is also important to consider any other expenditures, such as licensing fees, training, and support. Overall, the tool you choose will be based on your organization’s specific needs, budget, and the level of functionality and capabilities required.
Pros and Cons of Qlik Sense and Power BI
Both Qlik Sense and Power BI offer a range of features to help organizations analyze and visualize their data.
Here are some of the pros and cons of each tool:
- Qlik Sense Pros
- Intuitive and User-Friendly Interface: Qlik Sense provides an interface that is easy to use and understand, allowing users to navigate and interact with data effortlessly.
- Ad Hoc Analysis: With Qlik Sense, users can analyze data without predefined queries. This flexibility allows users to explore data freely and gain insights.
- Collaborative Environment: Qlik Sense offers teams a platform to collaborate on data analysis projects. This facilitates knowledge sharing, teamwork and enhances overall productivity.
- Advanced-Data Visualization: Qlik Sense is equipped with powerful data visualization capabilities. It allows users to develop aesthetically beautiful and interactive charts, graphs, and dashboards, enabling them to present data meaningfully and engagingly.
- Qlik Sense Cons
- Qlik Sense has a higher cost compared to Power BI, making it a pricier option.
- Has limitations when it comes to integrating with various other technologies.
- Power BI Pros
- Cost-Effective Pricing: Power BI has reasonable pricing choices, making it accessible to enterprises of all sizes.
- Seamless Integration with Microsoft Technologies: Power BI offers enhanced compatibility with various Microsoft tools and platforms, ensuring users’ smooth and efficient workflow.
- Advanced-Data Modeling Features: Power BI enables users to leverage advanced data modeling capabilities, allowing them to analyze and visualize data more sophisticatedly and comprehensively.
- Power BI Cons
- Less intuitive interface than Qlik Sense
- Limited collaboration features
Choosing the correct BI solution is critical for organizations that want to gain insights from their data and make educated decisions. Both Qlik Sense and Power BI are good solutions, with a variety of capabilities to assist organizations in analyzing and visualizing their data. It is critical to evaluate your organization’s specific goals and requirements, as well as pricing, integration, and collaboration features while deciding between these solutions.
For more information on Power BI, visit our Business Intelligence Community.