What is Azure Blob Storage?
Large amounts of unstructured object data, such as text or binary data can be stored with the help of Azure Blob storage service. You can also use Azure Blob storage to expose data publicly, or to store application data privately.
Get certified from top Azure course in Hyderabad Now!
Common uses of Azure Blob storage include:
- You can store files for distributed access
- You can store data for backup and restore, disaster recovery, and archiving
- All access to Azure Storage is done through an Azure Storage Account.
- This account can be a General-purpose or a Azure Blob storage.
- grouping of a set of blobs is done through container
- The container holds on to all the blobs.
- Unlimited number of containers can be stored in an account.
If you want to go back and learn Azure from scratch, here is a blog that will help you: What Is Microsoft Azure?
- Azure Blob Storage offers three types of blobs
- Block Blobs
- Page Blobs
- Append Blobs
Azure Blob : Types
- Each of the blocks is of varying sizes and can be up to 100 MB
- You can store either binary files or text files
- It is possible to upload multiple blocks in parallel to speed up the process.
Are you preparing for Azure interview? Then here are latest Azure interview questions
Each block in an append blob can be a different size. Append Blob is similar to block blobs it is just that they are made up of blocks, but they are further optimized for append operations, which helps in logging scenarios.
If you have any doubts or queries related to Azure, do post on Azure Community.