Features of SQL
SQL is one of the most demanding skill in the current world. Every day a huge amount of data is collected and one have to deal with these databases to make an insightful information. Hence it is important for us to learn SQL as it is a special-purpose database programming language which help to generate useful strategies from a database and can easily interact with large and massive database, no matter what is the size. These features of SQL make SQL a most powerful tool. Hence, here are some of the major SQL features which makes it a successful database programming language:
Get familiar with the top SQL Interview Questions to get a head start in your career!
Characteristics of SQL
- High Performance
- SQL provide high performance programming capability for highly transactional, heavy workload and high usage database system. SQL programming gives various ways to describe the data more analytically.
- High Availability
- SQL is compatible with databases like MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle Database, SAP HANA, SAP Adaptive Server, etc. All of these relational database management systems support SQL and it is easy to create an application extension for procedural programming and various other functions which is additional features thus converting SQL into a powerful tool.
- Scalability and Flexibility
- SQL provide Scalability and Flexibility. It is very easy to create new tables and previously created or not used tables can be dropped or deleted in a database.
- Robust Transactional Support
- With SQL programming can handle large records and manage numerous transactions.
Want to get certified in SQL! Learn from our SQL expert and do excel in your career with intellipaat’s SQL certification.
- High Security
- It is very easy to provide permissions on tables, procedures, and views hence SQL give security to your data.
- Comprehensive Application Development
- SQL is used by many programmers to program apps to access a database. No matter what is the size of organization, SQL works for every small or large organization.
- Management Ease
- SQL is used in almost every relational database management system. “Select“, “Create”, “Insert”, “Drop”, “Update”, and “Delete” are the standard and common SQL commands that helps us to manage large amount of data from a database very quickly and efficiently.
- Open Source
- SQL is an open-source programming language for building relational database management system
All these features of SQL makes it a robust and primary language for many organizations to manages their large databases.
Visit our SQL Community to get answers to all your queries!