Currently, there are 11 different certifications that Amazon offers. Some of the most beneficial ones based on the salaries drawn by those who have cleared the respective certifications are listed below:
- AWS Certified Developer Associate: Candidates who have more than 1-year practical experience can take up this certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architecture Associate: Candidates who have 1+ years of experience in the fault-tolerance system can go for this certification.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty: This certificate is for those candidates who are good at carrying out complex networking tasks.
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty: Candidates having 2 years of experience in Big Data with AWS are eligible to take up this certification exam.
To get a clear understanding of AWS, check out our video:
Before getting into the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Salary, first, let’s know what Cloud Computing is, what AWS is, and other concepts. Let’s get into the discussion right away!
This blog includes the following concepts:
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is providing a secure cloud platform that delivers computing services, such as storage, networking, databases, etc., and it maintains data servers and analytics over the cloud (the Internet). A cloud platform offers flexible resources and rapid innovation that help run the infrastructure of an organization more efficiently.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services is a comprehensive and easy computing platform offered by Amazon. This platform is developed by a mixture of Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
Significant AWS Services
AWS offers different cloud-based business products that consist of analytics, networking, and development tools, databases, and enterprise applications. All these can be availed by paying AWS based on the pay-as-you-go model. Some of the AWS services are given below:
Amazon Compute Services
- Lightsail: This AWS service tool manages the compute and networking capabilities.
- AWS Lambda: This helps run functions on the cloud, and we need to pay only when the functions are executed. It is cost-effective.
AWS Migration Services
The process of transferring data between data centers and AWS is known as migration. Some of the services provided under this are as follows:
- AWS Snowball: It is a modest application that helps transfer terabytes of data inside and outside the AWS environment.
- Server Migration Service (SMS): It is the process of migrating on-site servers to AWS easily and quickly.
- Key Management Service (KMS): This security tool is used to control and create encryption keys and allows us to encrypt our data.
- GuardDuty: AWS GuardDuty service tool helps detect threats and protects our AWS accounts.
- Amazon RDS: This tool easily operates, sets up, and scales relational databases in the cloud.
- Amazon DynamoDB: AWS DynamoDB tool, which is used to manage the NoSQL database, is cost-effective, and with this tool, it is easy to retrieve data from the database.
- Amazon Data Pipeline: This analytical tool is used to move data from one place to another, for instance, from S3 to DynamoDB.
- Amazon CloudSearch: This AWS service helps create a fully managed search engine for our website.
If you are interested in AWS certifications and want to kick-start your career, enroll in Intellipaat’s AWS Solutions Architect Certification!
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
AWS Service Applications and Benefits
AWS is used in various computing fields, and it has numerous benefits to offer.
AWS Applications can be found in:
- Social networking websites
- Cloud search engines
- Scholastic computing
- Mobile applications
- Disaster recovery and backup services
- Flexible and cost-effective
- Easy to use, secure, and reliable
- Payment as per usage
- Scalable and highly performant
Companies Deploying AWS
Some of the companies that are making use of the AWS Cloud Computing platform are Aon, Instagram, Qantas, Facebook, LinkedIn, Philips, Spotify, ESPN, Siemens, and many more.
Check out our blog on AWS Certification Salary to learn about the salaries of various AWS Professionals.
Skills Required to Become AWS Cloud Practitioner
To excel at the role of AWS Cloud Practitioner, you must have the following skills:
On the technical front:
- Supervising cloud architecture and application deployment within AWS platform
- Management and good understanding of the cloud platform
- Knowledge of data security and compliance
- Ability to handle tools such as Jira for complex projects
- Familiarity with Linux OS
On the business front:
- Good understanding of hardware and software from a business perspective
- Ability to understand and solve the problems of end users
- Ability to handle integration challenges with third-party programs
- Ability to quickly resolve scalability issues
Apart from these capabilities, you should also possess the below-mentioned skills:
- Good decision-making
- Strong management skills
- Curiosity and learning mindset
- Good communication skills
AWS Cloud Practitioner Jobs
Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner certification is the basic certification one needs to achieve to enter the field. However, just having a certificate does not mean that we would get a good-salaried job. For that, we need to have practical knowledge of how various AWS concepts are implemented in real-time problems. Hence, a certification, along with practical experience, would place you ahead of your peers when it comes to getting hired by top MNCs.
Some of the companies in India that hire candidates holding various AWS certifications are:
Now, let’s come back to the main focus of this blog, ‘AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Salary.’
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Salary
This blog has taken the salary statistics from Glassdoor and PayScale. The statistics for the approximate annual incomes of various AWS certificate holders in India and the United States are given below:
Average AWS Cloud Practitioner Salary in India (Per Year)
- AWS Certified Developer Associate: ₹960,979
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: ₹653,000
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty: ₹731,000
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty: ₹145,000
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate: ₹994,560
Average AWS Cloud Practitioner Salary in the United States (Per Year)
Operational Support Engineer
The job responsibilities of an operational support engineer include reporting and resolving support issues. They also support other tasks such as environment upgrades, system upgrades, and many others. On average, their salary ranges between $59,000 to $92,000, depending on their skills and experience.
Cloud Developers are responsible for delivering enterprise-level applications and software services. They are required to have comprehensive knowledge of common cloud orchestration tools. The average annual pay scale of a cloud developer is around $95,000.
AWS Solutions Architect
The work that an AWS solutions Architect requires to do on a daily basis ranges from designing, building, and maintaining scalable, cost-efficient AWS cloud environments. In addition to this, they need to stay updated in the field of cloud computing. So, based on the knowledge and experience, an AWS solutions architect salary is likely in between $98,000 to $150,000 on a yearly basis.
Senior AWS Cloud Architect
A senior AWS cloud architect acts as an interface between the engineers and customers. Their job responsibilities involve leading the implementation process, delivering technical architecture, and successfully integrating the customer environments with the latest technologies. The average year’s package of a senior AWS cloud architect is around $165,000.
Some of the key job roles of a DevOps Engineer include designing AWS cloud solutions that can improve overall performance and ROI. They are also responsible for performing timely server maintenance. Depending on their experience, and knowledge, they qualify to get a salary between $93,000 and $144,000.
Want to become an AWS-certified Cloud practitioner? Read our guide to clear the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam.
The Bottom Line!
AWS Cloud Services are rapidly evolving. New services, solutions, and products are launched by Amazon Web Services to help IT professionals working in the Cloud Computing domain. Therefore, if you get certified, the opportunities opening up in your way would be endless. Also, AWS Cloud Practitioner Salary trends given in this blog prove that seeking for a career in this ever-expanding field will not go vain.
If you want to skyrocket your career and outshine in this field, then go for Intellipaat’s AWS certification training courses today. They provide extensive course content, hands-on practice assignments and projects, and 24/7 online support for you to crack the certification exams easily.