The reason why AWS salary around the globe is increasing significantly is due to its scalability and its ease in executing various web-related processes. After getting familiar with your responsibilities as an AWS professional and getting better at performing the tasks given, your salary will rise significantly. Here, you will mainly read about AWS salary, but other than that, we will also discuss the topics listed below:
Let us start by understanding a little about AWS.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
What is AWS?
AWS is a platform on the cloud that offers cloud solutions that are cost-effective, scalable, easy-to-use, and reliable to companies around the world. It is a combination of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). AWS’s services are not limited to and do not vary with changes in any countries or continents. An organization that is up for paying for the services, can pay and use all the required cloud services from AWS.
Largely, AWS can be classified into three categories, which are listed below:
As per the analysis, it is revealed that AWS covers one-third of the current cloud market share with 32.4 percent. Azure and Google Cloud are the two other cloud-based service providers that are next in line, covering 17.6 percent and 6 percent respectively.
Watch this video from Intellipaat on how to get an AWS job:
Next, we will read more about AWS professionals and what they do.
Who is an AWS professional?
AWS professionals have cleared the AWS certification exam in the respective sub-domains. These professionals have a number of responsibilities depending on the roles that they opt for.
Let us go through what would be expected of you as an AWS professional and what qualifications you would need to meet as per different roles.
AWS Cloud Architect
AWS Cloud Architect is among the most sought-after career options today in the cloud industry. The responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Architect are as follows:
- They need to offer technical leadership.
- They must design cost-efficient and scalable AWS solutions.
- They have to interact with business clients while gathering the requirements and also need to suggest various system architecture optimization methods.
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Developer in an organization are mentioned below:
- They must be able to code in multiple programming languages including Python, Java, C, and more.
- They need to implement new and upcoming services and build business applications.
- They must have working experience as a developer.
- They should earn the AWS Developer Associate certification for a better chance to land a job as a Cloud Architect.
Enroll now for our AWS Developer Certification to become a certified AWS Developer!
AWS Big Data Specialist
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Big Data Specialist in an organization are mentioned below:
- They are responsible for efficiently designing, analyzing, and maintaining data.
- They should have experience working in data analytics and AWS analytics services.
- They must pass the AWS Big Data Specialty certification exam.
Enroll now for our AWS Big Data Certification to become a certified AWS Big Data Specialist!
AWS Cloud Network Engineer
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Network Engineer in an organization are mentioned below:
- They have to design complex solutions for the AWS network.
- Networking is a significant part of their work since it helps in maintaining connectivity between cloud services.
- They must have in-depth knowledge of networking and offer support for performance maintenance and network optimization.
- They need to clear the AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty certification exam to get into this profession.
AWS DevOps Engineer
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS DevOps Engineer in an organization are mentioned below:
- They have to use their expertise in both the development and operations fields.
- They must have working experience in AWS DevOps and application deployment.
- They are required to pass the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam for getting a job as an AWS DevOps Engineer in a reputed organization.
Become an AWS DevOps Engineer by signing up for our AWS DevOps Certification!
AWS SysOps Admin
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS SysOps Admin in an organization are mentioned below:
- They must manage and maintain the complete AWS system.
- They need to provision and configure new systems and deploy them as per requirements.
- They should be proficient in dashboards and cloud metrics for the process of reporting.
- They have to earn the AWS SysOps Administrator certification and validate their skills accordingly to apply for this job profile.
Become a certified AWS SysOps Admin by joining our AWS SysOps Certification Course!
AWS Cloud Practitioner
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Practitioner in an organization are mentioned below:
Know how much can be earned. Look into the AWS Cloud Practitioner Salary blog by Intellipaat.
AWS Solutions Architect
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Solutions Architect in an organization are mentioned below:
- They should focus on using technology to solve business-related issues.
- They have to create solutions by using the AWS platform.
- They must determine the risk involved in using third-party platforms or frameworks.
Enroll in our AWS Solutions Architect Certification and prepare for this job profile.
AWS Certified Security Specialist
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Certified Security Specialist in an organization are mentioned below:
- They are responsible for using advanced methods for securing the AWS platform.
- They must use encryption techniques to protect data.
- They should have hands-on experience in ensuring that the AWS platform is secure.
- They must clear the AWS Certified Security-Specialty certification exam.
Read on our AWS Security blog to learn more about the need for security in AWS.
AWS Cloud Engineer
The qualifications and responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Engineer in an organization are mentioned below:
- They have to mentor other employees and help to them understand complex processes.
These are the 10 highest-paid AWS professionals today. After reading in detail about these AWS job profiles, you will now see their respective salaries based on their experience level and geographical location. The statistics given here are as per the salaries posted on Glassdoor.
AWS Certification Salary
Here are the top 10 AWS salaries earned by professionals based on their skills and experience in various parts of the world.
AWS Cloud Architect Salary
In the United States, AWS Cloud Architects earn US$154,156 p.a. on average according to ZipRecruiter. This amount may range from US$131,500 p.a. to about US$208,000 p.a.
According to Glassdoor, in India, AWS Cloud Architects get around ₹1,128,117 p.a.
AWS Developer Salary
As per ZipRecruiter, AWS Developers in the United States earn an average annual salary of US$122,799. Depending on their experience, the salary of these developers may range from US$100,000 p.a. to US$151,843 p.a.
As per Glassdoor, the salary of AWS Developers in India is about ₹528,322 p.a. It starts from ₹200,000 p.a. and can go up to ₹1,500,000 p.a.
According to PayScale, in Australia, AWS Developers earn an average of AU$97,901 p.a.
AWS Big Data Specialist Salary
As per ZipRecruiter, the average salary of Big Data Specialists in the United States is US$123,807 p.a. However, their salary may range from US$96,000 p.a. to US$178,500 p.a.
As per Glassdoor, in India, Big Data Specialists are paid an average of ₹917,462 p.a.
As per CWJobs, in the United Kingdom, Big Data Specialists can earn up to £67,500 p.a.
As per Glassdoor, in Australia, Big Data Specialists earn an average income of AU$152,497 p.a.
Looking to start a career in AWS? Read our guide on AWS Careers now!
AWS Cloud Network Engineer Salary
As per Glassdoor, the salary of AWS Network Engineers is about US$118,005 p.a. in the United States. The salary may be anywhere between US$50,000 p.a. and US$152,000 p.a.
As per PayScale, AWS Network Engineers earn about ₹500,000 p.a. in India; this amount ranges from ₹295,000 p.a. to ₹735,000 p.a.
As per Reed, in the United Kingdom, the average annual income of AWS Network Engineers is about £48,066.
Learn about different AWS certifications in our blog on AWS certification cost!
AWS DevOps Engineer Salary
As per PayScale, the salary earned by DevOps Engineers working in the United States is approximately US$99,916 p.a. This amount may range between US$70,000 p.a. and US$141,000 p.a.
On average, AWS DevOps Engineers earn around ₹718,790 p.a. in India; this amount can lie anywhere between ₹355,000 p.a. and ₹2,000,000 p.a.
According to Glassdoor, in the United Kingdom, the average salary of AWS DevOps Engineers is £48,118 p.a.
AWS DevOps Engineers earn approximately CA$80,000 per year in Canada.
AWS SysOps Admin Salary
As per PayScale, AWS SysOps Admins employed in the United States are paid about US$994,560, p.a. In India, the average annual salary for AWS SysOps Admins is ₹994,560.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Salary
Cloud Practitioners earn an annual income of US$89,643 p.a. in the United States. As per ZipRecruiter, the salary may range from US$40,000 p.a. to US$161,000 p.a.
As per Indeed, in the United Kingdom, Cloud Practitioners earn around £85,000 p.a. As per Glassdoor, the salary range is between £27,000 p.a. and £58,000 p.a.
For more information, you must check out our blog on AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Salary.
AWS Solutions Architect Salary
According to ZipRecruiter, on average, companies in the United States pay US$155,005 p.a. to Solutions Architects. The salary falls in the range of US$87,000 p.a. to US$191,000 p.a. based on skills, experience, and position.
As per Glassdoor, in India, Solutions Architects earn an average of ₹653,060 p.a. The salary may lie between ₹300,000 p.a. and ₹1,500,000 p.a. depending on the professionals’ skills, experience, and position.
On average, Solutions Architects earn a salary of £75,000 p.a. in the United Kingdom. As per talent.com, the salary may range between £62,000 p.a. and £90,000 p.a.
The average annual income of Solutions Architects working in Canada is CA$100,000.
As per Glassdoor, Solutions Architects would earn about AU$113,000 p.a. in Australia.
In Singapore, the salary of Solutions Architects is S$133,900 p.a.
For more information, you can check out our blog on AWS Solutions Architect Salary.
AWS Certified Security Specialty Salary
As per ZipRecruiter, AWS Security professionals employed in the United States are paid about US$143,677 p.a.
AWS Cloud Engineer Salary
As per ZipRecruiter, the average salary of Cloud Engineers is approximately US$130,977 p.a. in the United States. The salary ranges from US$107,500 p.a. to US$167,500 p.a., depending on the Cloud Engineers’ skills and experience.
As per Glassdoor, in India, Cloud Engineers can earn an average of ₹574,000 p.a., and the salary can range from ₹300,000 to ₹1,300,000 p.a., which is much higher than the salary earned by most other job profiles.
As per talent.com, Cloud Engineers earn £52,500 p.a. on average in the United Kingdom. However, their salaries can range from £42,500 p.a. to £70,000 p.a.
Go through our AWS Interview Questions and Answers blog to prepare for job interviews for these roles.
Get Certified as an AWS Professional
This blog has given you an insight into the various job roles available for AWS professionals, along with the salaries they earn based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical location. To get into any of these job roles, you need to clear the respective certification exams. Our AWS courses will prepare and help you pass the exams with ease. So, enroll in the desired training program and get certified as an AWS professional.
Reach out to us at our AWS Community if you have any doubts regarding these job profiles.