Business Careers are one of the most common and easy terms to describe a person in the business. If a Business System Analyst has intrigued you and you want to get to know about it, you have come to the right place. This blog aims to clearly define what exactly business systems analysts are and how you can prepare yourself to make a career change.
Employment opportunities related to Business Systems Analysts are in great demand in all kinds of industries like the technical and banking sector. This career field is one of the fastest-growing career options globally. If you are planning on becoming a Business Systems Analyst then this is the right time for you.
Who is a Business Systems Analyst?
Business systems analysts use both business and technology tools to examine a company’s operating system, procedures, and design improvements. They aim to help a company operate more efficiently and effectively through the design and implementation of information technology systems. They consult with leaders and managers to understand the usage of emerging technologies that can benefit the company. They write instruction manuals and analyze costs and benefits related to the technology. They have specialization in the system the company uses. Now let’s understand the difference between Business Analyst and a System Analyst.
Watch our introductory video on Business Analyst
Difference between Business Analyst and System Analyst
These two terms can be confusing. The main difference between a business analyst and a business systems analyst is that the business analyst’s job is business-specific and they focus on the business of an organization. While the system analyst focuses on system-specific requirements and their business outcomes. They act as liaisons between the business and end-users.
Aspire to become a business analyst? Enroll in this Business Analytics Certification provided by Intellipaat.
What does a business systems analyst do?
Let’s understand the business systems analyst’s roles and responsibilities. We will see what exactly are the business systems analyst’s duties.
- The BSA is required to Evaluate company systems and current processes and Compile objectives for improving company procedures.
- They evaluate company performance, information and analyze company software and hardware usage.
- They also track and report on the progress of company systems. They are involved in the Development procedures to improve existing systems.
- One of the most important tasks is to research and compare hardware and software needs and make recommendations for the company.
- They prepare a report on best practices, and best practices of planning and implementing supportive business solutions, and also suggest new system developments.
- The responsibility of BSA also includes data analysis, which is the cause of every organization’s success today.
- They translate complex data into meaningful interpretations so that anyone involved can understand.
- They enhance company business performance by presenting key information to IT teams for improvements and creating a guide to system updates.
- Lastly, they address issues of the current systems and improve performance.
Getting ready for a job interview? These log-on business analyst interview questions might help you!
Skills required to become a Business Systems Analyst
To become a business systems analyst one must have a certain set of business systems analyst skills, acquired during a bachelor’s degree in information technology or business. This role requires working very closely with technology and business.
- BSA will be intimately involved with the system and its requirements. This is why they must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and programs including C.
- Companies expect Business systems analyst aspirants to have a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or IT-related field or a master’s in business or related field preferred.
Also, learn about How to Become a Business Analyst.
Business Systems Analyst Salary
- According to the PayScale website, The average salary for a Business Systems Analyst is $70,057. The national average salary of a Business Systems Analyst is ₹8,86,184 in India. The average salary for a Business Systems Analyst in Canada is C$68,919 as mentioned in PayScale.
- According to salary.com, The average Business Systems Analyst II salary in the United States is $76,766 as of May 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $68,825 and $85,708.
- Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Learn more about salary insights from our blog on business analyst salary in India.
Lead business systems analyst job description
In addition to the role of business analysts, Lead business analysts manage teams and delegate responsibility as needed. They are involved in developing methodologies, designing frameworks, and studying data. They review weekly reports prepared by other analysts and make recommendations according to the reports and trends.
Lead analysts hire junior analysts on their team and train them to meet employer standards. As a lead analyst, they make direct recommendations and monitor their implementation.
To become a lead analyst, you need a bachelor’s degree in statistics, business or administration. Most of the lead analysts have many years of experience to be qualified for the role. The average salary is $81,499 a year!
According to indeed.com “Between 2018 and 2028, the career is expected to grow 9% and produce 56,000 job opportunities across the U.S”. Now let’s discuss another role as a system analyst.
Excited to learn about Business Analytics? Enroll in this Business Analyst Course in Bangalore provided by Intellipaat.
Principal business systems analyst job description
The principal System Analyst manages the quality assurance process for team members’ audit work papers, including feedback for improvements. Manage a regional information center responsible for training and empowering users to develop user-generated mainframe and PC base business applications.
They develop and execute SQL queries against the registration database to conduct root cause analysis. They also run SQL queries on DB2 databases to analyze current data for requirements as well as provide test data.
Their responsibilities include preparing estimates, and establishing project plans, schedules and milestones. They also review QA test plans and test cases. According to glassdor.com, The national average salary for a Principal Business Systems Analyst is $136,361 in the United States.
Hope this blog on business systems analysts helped you learn more about system analysts, their roles and responsibilities, salary, skills, and much more.
Head to our Business Analyst community if you have any doubts in this domain.