The Cloud Architect salary in India varies based on different factors ranging from the employer to the years of experience and expertise of the employee. Gartner estimates the average salary of a Cloud Architect to be anywhere from ₹15 to ₹20 lacs per annum. This may vary from company to company. For example, TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) pays a base salary of ₹6–12 LPA to a fresher, ₹15 LPA to a mid-experienced professional, and ₹25 LPA or above to the senior Cloud Architects. Cloud Architects are in great demand because of the rapid growth in Cloud Computing technology.
In this blog, you will gain insights into a Cloud Architect’s salary in India and the other topics listed below:
For more information about Cloud architecture, jobs, and salary, check out our YouTube video:
Cloud Architect Trends
More than 70 percent of the organizations in India are using cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as their cloud partners, and the number is only going to rise in the coming years.
This is the main reason why people from different technical domains are learning Cloud Computing to be a part of this technology. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Cloud Architect in India is ₹2,033,000 per annum, depending on the organization and the experience of the candidate.
So, if you are thinking to start your career as a Cloud Architect, now is the best time to start acquiring the skills necessary for this role. You can choose from different certifications to improve your skill set and make the most out of your time.
Cloud Architect Salary in India
Your experience in cloud technology would be an important factor when it comes to salary. However, it also depends on your employer and the level of your qualification. Plus, enrolling in dedicated courses in Cloud Computing and cloud architecture will also help you to get paid more compared to other candidates. Your salary as a Cloud Architect may differ based on the city you work in as well. Below is a list of major cities in India with Cloud Solution Architect salaries offered as per the PayScale report:
|Bangalore||₹2,070,000 per annum|
|Hyderabad|| ₹1,300,000 per annum|
|Pune|| ₹1,470,000 per annum|
|Mumbai|| ₹800,000 per annum|
|Chennai|| ₹2,000,000 per annum|
|Delhi|| ₹1,700,000 per annum|
Cloud Architect Salary: Based on Experience
According to PayScale, below are the salaries paid to Cloud Solution Architects in India based on their experience:
- Fresher: ₹1,000,000–1,500,000 per annum
- Mid-experienced: ₹1,500,000– 1,900,000 per annum
- Senior: ₹2,000,000–3,000,000 per annum
Being an undergraduate with a basic Cloud Architecture certification will surely get you a job with a decent salary in cloud administration. However, you need to learn a lot and gain more skills to level-up in terms of position and draw more salary. To do this, you can go for dedicated Cloud Computing courses and become an expert in multiple cloud architecture models.
If you want to head-start your career in Cloud Computing, then you should explore our Cloud Computing Courses and learn the fundamentals of the technology.
Cloud Architect Salary: Based on the Employer
As mentioned, Cloud Architect Salary in India varies from company to company. Top organizations like IBM India pay a base salary of ₹1,800,000 per annum to skilled Cloud Architects with good projects and certifications. Whereas, companies like TCS generally pay around ₹1,200,000 per annum.
The middle base salary of a Cloud Architect is around ₹1,500,000 per annum, while the higher base salary could be anywhere between ₹2,500,000 and ₹3,800,000 per year. For Accenture, the middle and higher annual salaries are around ₹1,500,000 and ₹3,000,000, respectively.
Cloud Architect Salary: Based on the Job Title
Cloud Architects have different job roles and designations in different organizations based on the experience and the value they bring to the table. Their payroll also varies accordingly. Generally, the annual salary of a senior Cloud Architect in India could be as high as ₹50 lacs, while a fresher will get ₹4.5–12 lacs.
In this section of this blog on Cloud Architect salary in India, let’s further see the average salary earned by Cloud Architects based on their Job titles.
- Cloud Associate Architect: ₹16.3 LPA
- Cloud Solutions Architect: ₹18.4 LPA
- Technical Architect Cloud Computing: ₹22 LPA
- Cloud Architect: ₹26.7 LPA
- Senior Cloud Architect: ₹30 LPA or more
Learn about the Cloud Engineer Salary in our comprehensive blog!
Cloud Architect Skills
A Cloud Architect is responsible for handling multiple operations at a given time. So, one should have a good hold on both technical and non-technical skills. Plus, earning certifications in the respective domains also plays an important part in their career growth.
Next, let’s check out the skills you need to master to be an expert Cloud Architect.
- Operating systems: As a Cloud Architect, you would be working on different cloud environments and operating systems. So, having a working knowledge of various operating systems like Linux would be more beneficial.
- Networking: Cloud is a collection of servers working together from different locations. To create a secure and scalable cloud-based solution, one should know the core concepts such as DNS, TCP/IP, CDN, HTTP, VPN, and other protocols.
- Data storage: A cloud professional should know in detail about data, infrastructure, storage buckets, cold and hot storage, file systems, etc. to optimize the costs on the cloud platforms.
- Multi-cloud architecture: Organizations use multi-cloud strategies to maintain data confidentiality and separate private data from the public cloud. An understanding of multi-cloud architecture enables a Cloud Architect to run on both on-premises and the cloud without any problem.
- Virtualization: Virtualization allows a server to share single resources with multiple users and desktops. It helps you divide the resources to meet the demand and balance the load on the servers. A Cloud Architect should thus master the know-how of virtualization to excel in this domain.
- Information security: Identity and access management, authorization, and other security skills will help you design an end-to-end, secure cloud architecture.
Check out our end-to-end Linux Training and get in-depth knowledge of operating systems.
- Communication: As Jim Johnson, the Executive VP of Robert Half International, said, presentation and communication skills are important as most Cloud Architects have to explain their work to non-technical colleagues.
- Leadership/teamwork: Cloud Architects are often expected to lead a team of people from different domains, handle delegates, and solve problems as a group. Therefore, a candidate should be a good team player as well.
- Flexibility: Cloud Computing will continue to grow and change, and new skill sets will be required to deal with this continuous change. A Cloud Architect should stay flexible with the new technologies and evolve with the industry.
If you are familiar with the basics and want to master the advanced Cloud Computing concepts, then be sure to check out our Cloud Architect Course.
The Cloud Computing field has grown exponentially in the past few years, and it is not going to slow down any soon. Becoming a Cloud Solutions Architect would be a great decision for your professional career. Not only can you have a high-paying job, but you will also be working on new and exciting technologies. You can start your career as an Associate Cloud Architect with little or no experience in the field. Rest all will depend on your dedication and the speed at which you gain experience and expertise.
If you are interested in learning or want to improve your skills in Cloud Computing, you should explore Intellipaat’s Cloud Computing Essentials. By enrolling in this certification course, you will gain proficiency in Cloud Computing and be able to monetize your skills.