Cyber Security has become one of the highly sought-after careers all over the world. As technology evolves, the need to protect sensitive information from attackers/hackers is becoming quintessential to achieve organizational success and growth.
Let’s say, you own a company, or you are an employee there. Obviously, you don’t want your customers’ personal data, health information, company’s business decisions, or some confidential data to be exposed to an unauthorized person who can perform illegal activities with it. That poses the vital need to secure all these data with Cyber Security. In today’s data-driven world, this is the case with every company be it a startup or an MNC. Hence, the career opportunities in this field are growing fast without a lag.
This blog will discuss the Cyber Security Salary in India for the below six highest paying job profiles of Cyber Security along with their roles and responsibilities.
- Network Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- Cyber Security Manager
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Ethical Hacker
Check out our YouTube video on Cyber Security salary in India:
Below image shows some interesting must know Cyber Security statistics for 2021
Let’s get started!
Network Security Engineer
A Network Security Engineer identifies cyber malware, malicious bugs, and hacking attempts. The professional needs to ensure an organization’s security by keeping track of suspicious activities and building strong configurations for the systems to avoid future IT threats.
Check out our blog on Top paying Cyber Security Jobs in 2021 to know in detail.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Network Security Engineer
- Create and configure firewalls and intrusion detection systems to ensure security
- Maintain security-related hardware and software
- Plan and monitor the overall network system
- Define security policies
- Install security infrastructure devices to maintain VPC, web protocols, and email security
- Perform security and forensic analyses to detect malicious incidents
Salary of a Network Security Engineer in India
The below image shows the Cyber Security Engineer salary in India:
According to Indeed, below are the salaries paid to the Cyber Security Engineers in different cities in India:
Cyber Security Analyst
A Cyber Security Analyst will work within an organization to test for vulnerabilities. The professional needs to do penetration testing to find the loopholes that lie in the company’s network through which an attacker can intrude and exploit the system.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Cyber Security Analyst
- Test and evaluate threat patterns and security breaches
- Identify weakness in the existing firewalls and encryption
- Be up to date with the latest Cyber Security threats to manage them
- Monitor all unusual, unauthorized, and illegal activities
- Ensure disaster recovery and make plans for the same in the event of security breaches
Salary of a Cyber Security Analyst in India
As a Cyber Security Analyst in India, the professionals are paid with an impressive salary as per the experience in the field. The average salary of a Cyber Security Analyst is as follows:
As per PayScale, the payslip of Cyber Security Analysts varies in accordance with cities:
Watch this video by Intellipaat on how to become a Cyber Security expert:
As the name suggests, Security Architects will have to keep the security of the hardware and software of their organization in check. They need to design the system in such a way as to thwart the malicious attacks that hackers may employ to break into it. To do that, they must be familiar with all the tactics that the attackers will use to gain unauthorized access and must think like them.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Security Architect
- Research and design the company’s system security architecture
- Design security policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensure integrity during new software installations, upgradations, and uninstallations
- Review the costs to bring them within the budget
- Provide advice and awareness to employees about Cyber Security issues and the best practices to avoid them
Check out our blog on Cyber Security Tutorial now to learn about the concepts involved in the domain!
Salary of a Security Architect in India
The average salary paid to a Security Architect in India is as shown below:
As per PayScale statistics, the salaries paid to Security Architects in respective cities are:
Cyber Security Manager
A Cyber Security Manager plans and designs effective solutions in the case of security breaches. He/she needs to provide reports to the management and the concerned employees to implement security measures in the system.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Cyber Security Manager
- Create a plan and enact it at the time when high-level IT security issues occur
- Supervise the employees who implement security measures
- Hire new employees
- Prepare the security budget for the firm
- Evaluate and configure new software tools and technologies
- Have expertise in cyberattack detection, protection, response, and recovery
Salary of a Cyber Security Manager in India
A Cyber Security Manager in India earns a salary as shown below:
According to PayScale, Cyber Security Managers are paid highly in the cities mentioned below:
Preparing for job interviews? This resourceful blog on Cyber Security interview questions will help you crack your job interview!
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
A Chief Information Security Officer is a senior-level executive who proposes the vision and the strategy to ensure that the organization’s digital assets and the data of clients and customers are protected enough. He/she needs to maintain the growth and the ethical and moral standards of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Chief Information Security Officer
- Ensure the company’s compliance regulations
- Get approval from the top management for the policies, budgets, and guidelines proposed
- Design the risk management framework
- Understand the current and future security risks and prepare the organization with the right set of skills, tools, and resources
- Provide cyber resilience, rapid response, and a recovery strategy
Salary of a Chief Information Security Officer in India
In India, a Chief Information Security Officer is offered a much attractive payroll. Check out the salary earned by the professional below:
These professionals get handsome packages in different Indian cities as well. Refer to the PayScale statistics given below:
Ethical Hackers or White Hat Hackers perform hacking in a professional and ‘ethical’ way with the approval of the organization. They do it with no bad intent to help companies locate the vulnerabilities in the system and provide solutions to avoid possible future intrusions.
Want to learn more about Ethical Hacking? Enroll in our Ethical Hacking Course v11 to become a Certified Ethical Hacker!
Roles and Responsibilities of an Ethical Hacker
- Perform advanced penetration tests to check for the weakness in the system’s security
- Scan for open and closed ports
- Evade the intrusion detection system (IDS) and the intrusion prevention system (IPS) as a hacker does
- Employ strategies such as sniffing networks, social engineering, cracking wireless encryption, etc. to detect possible vulnerabilities
- Identify security flaws and the areas that need high-level security
Salary of a Certified Ethical Hacker in India
The below image shows the average salary paid to an Ethical Hacker who works in India:
As per PayScale, Ethical Hackers working in different cities of India earn salaries as listed below:
This blog aimed to shed some light on the lucrative salary packages offered to Cyber Security experts in India. With the never-ending demand for Cybersecurity professionals in the IT industry from startups to corporate giants in the country, it is the right time to switch to this field if you are interested in it. To begin the journey, you can upskill yourself with Intellipaat’s Cyber Security Certification Course and eventually land your dream job with your desired salary package.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding the Cyber Security Expert salary in India, shoot it right away in our Cyber Security Community.