Let’s take a look at the agenda for this blog:
Watch this Video on Tableau Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Introduction to Tableau
Every day, we encounter data in the amounts of zettabytes and yottabytes! This enormous amount of data cannot be dumped. Organizations use tableau to extract meaningful data insights and hidden patterns to optimize their business processes. For the extraction of meaningful insights from data and finding hidden patterns, we need to perform data analysis and visualizations.
Tableau is a tool that is widely used for data visualization. It assists in converting unstructured data into a format that can be easily understood. Visualization is fast and efficient with the help of Tableau as it gives visualizations in the form of dashboards and worksheets.
One of the outstanding features of Tableau is Data Blending. This process involves collecting varieties of data from different sources and, then, storing it in a single data warehouse.
Other features of Tableau are real-time analysis and the cooperation of data, and working with this BI tool requires no technical expertise or any prior programming knowledge.
What is a Tableau Developer?
A Tableau Developer uses the Tableau platform for data analysis, data visualization, and the BI process of an organization. They are responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing a BI system for an organization. This is a highly sought-after job as more and more companies are opting for Data Analytics.
Tableau Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Here are the major roles and responsibilities of a Tableau Developer:
- Creating visualizations for the data extracted with the help of Tableau
- Identifying patterns and meaningful insights from data by analyzing it
- Designing dashboards
- Managing Tableau Server
- Managing big data
- Twisting SQL queries for improving performances
- Examining glitches in business processes and resolving them
- Finding the key areas of automation to make the business processes smooth
- Developing reference documents or reports for the finalized project
These are the basic roles and responsibilities of a Tableau Developer. There are some other skills as well that make a perfect Tableau Developer.
Looking for Career Opportunities in Tableau? Head to our detailed blog on Tableau Career Opportunities now.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Tableau Developer Skills
Tableau Developer roles and responsibilities demand certain skills, here are various skills that can be seen in the top Tableau Developer resume:
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze business needs
- Problem-solving skills to resolve the issues that appear during development
- Good written and communication skills
- Excellent team-building skills
- Good knowledge of handling databases and proficiency in SQL
- Expertise in handling all Tableau products (Desktop, Public, Server, Online, and Reader)
Tableau Developer Salary and Demand
According to Indeed, the average Tableau Developer salary in India is ₹700k per annum and, in the United States, it is US$117k. Also, the number of job openings in 2019 for Tableau Developers was more than 10,000 in India. So, it is clear that there is a huge scope for Tableau Developers.
However, the salary structure may differ due to factors like experience, location, and the roles and responsibilities of a Tableau Developer.
Looking for some hands-on project ideas on Tableau? Have a look at our blog on Tableau Projects and begin hands-on learning.
Here are the Tableau Developer jobs posting from top MNCs, with the required skills and the Tableau Developer roles and responsibilities:
Tableau Developer Sample Job Description
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
As a Senior Developer, you are responsible for the development, support, maintenance, and implementation of a complex project module.
You should have good experience in the application of standard software development principles. You should be able to work as an independent team member, capable of applying judgment to plan and execute your tasks. You should have in-depth knowledge of at least one development technology/programming language. You should be able to respond to technical queries/requests from team members and customers. You should be able to coach, guide, and mentor junior members of the team.
- Expertise in handling Tableau products
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in handling SQL and databases
- Should be good in written & verbal communication
- Good to Have Skills: Industry Strategy
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functional with leadership, program managers, and other stakeholders to understand and achieve business priorities
- Elicit business requirements and develop measurement plans for strategic programs
- Collect and analyze data through manual and automated collection methods
- Translate abstract data into easily-digestible and highly-visual dashboard applications and executive-level report deliverables
- Collaborate with other analysts, data engineers, and data scientists to provide exceptional customer support to our internal stakeholders
- Analyze large data sets and translate abstract data into highly visual and easily-digestible
Prepare yourself for the industry by going through this Top Tableau Interview Questions and Answers!
In this blog, we have gone through the Tableau Developer roles and responsibilities. Ultimately, as the amount of data generated by devices worldwide would be increasing day by day, the demand for Tableau Developers across the globe is sure to skyrocket in the upcoming years.
If you have any doubts or queries related to Tableau, get it clarified from Tableau Experts on Tableau Community.