If you didn’t already have reasons to seriously consider Tableau as a skillset that you want to acquire, below are some really good reasons to pursue it. Additionally, we will also cover other areas in this blog like job scenarios, skills required to become a Tableau Developer, how to learn Tableau, etc.
Before we get into the Tableau Developer salary details, let’s explore the role of a Tableau Developer and their responsibilities. This will help you get a better understanding of what you will be expected to do and know, if you pursue a career in this domain.
Here is a tutorial by Intellipaat on Tableau for beginners.
Role of a Tableau Developer
A Tableau Developer creates solutions through data visualization to optimize business processes. The job of a Tableau Developer includes several tasks including working with developers, creating BI dashboards, generating reports, and deriving insights from data that translate to feedback sessions to improve systems.
This job is suitable for individuals who possess strong business acumen, with a heavy background in mathematics and strong skills in data warehousing.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Create technical and innovative solutions to business problems with the aid of visualizations through Tableau
- Have expertise in storage tools and perform online analytical processing
- Write test queries and conduct unit tests to analyze performances
- Capable of enhancing systems as the organization and its data grows
- Create documentation like user guides, design notes, manuals, etc.
- Have a complete life cycle development experience in the applications
- Possess strong communication skills
- Knowledge in Microstrategy and Data Architecture is preferred
- Should know how to troubleshoot
Get 50% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Skills Required to Become a Tableau Developer
Tableau Developers should know how to use and work in data interpretation. A background in Computer Science or something related is recommended. Apart from this, you will also need some understanding of business intelligence technologies like Microsoft Power BI or Oracle BI.
One will also benefit from knowing SQL server data tools. These include SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS).
Tableau Developers who generally know how to use and operate data analysis tools like Online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL tools like Talend and Informatica get great job opportunities.
Tableau Developer Career Opportunities
With the majority of the world’s data now being stored digitally, the need for data visualization experts has become all the more essential. So, this is the right time to get into this field. There are several job roles that Tableau Developers are qualified to take on:
- Tableau Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- BI Developer
- BI Manager
Major global leading companies are offering rewarding positions to Tableau professionals. There are ample opportunities for everyone who possesses the required Tableau skills. Let’s take a look at the job scenario for Tableau Developers around the world.
According to LinkedIn –
India has over 13,000 Tableau jobs available currently. There are 96,000+ Tableau jobs in the USA listed. Over 1,000+ Tableau Developer jobs are available in the UK, Singapore as well as Australia. On the other hand, Canada has 6,000+ Tableau job openings listed.
India alone has so many job opportunities for Tableau Developers. Here are some of the jobs listed for some of the major cities in India.
- There are 590 Tableau jobs available in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- In Bangalore, Karnataka, there are 1,000+ Tableau jobs available currently.
- 700+ jobs are listed for Tableau Developers in Hyderabad, Telangana
- 330+ Tableau jobs are listed in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- There are over 460 Tableau Developer jobs in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Over 500 Tableau jobs are listed for Tableau professionals in Delhi.
Top Companies Offering Lucrative Tableau Job Roles
As mentioned already, many leading organizations are hiring Tableau Developers to meet their business requirements. Below are some of the big names. In the industry who are handing out such opportunities to those with the right skill sets:
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tech Mahindra
Check out these Tableau Interview Questions to help you with your next interview.
Rewarding Tableau Careers
If you are worried about whether a career in Tableau is worth it, it is quite rewarding. Getting certified in this area will open up many opportunities for you. Candidates who are specifically certified stand out among the crowd and can showcase their skills.
Apart from the fact that there is an excellent demand for Tableau Developers, the pay scale is higher as compared to that of other job profiles. It is one of the highest-paying jobs in India. Even the simplest of jobs offer a handsome salary in India. As a matter of fact, the salary trend of these professionals only keeps rising, just like the demand for the software itself.
Average Tableau Developer Salary in India
Let us discuss the Tableau salary in India. According to Indeed, the average salary of Tableau Developers in India is about ₹763,770 per year. Glassdoor mentions that in India, the Tableau Developer’s salary ranges from ₹386,614 p.a. to ₹1,003,221 p.a. The Tableau salary in India for freshers is about ₹408,847 p.a.
Tableau Developer Salary with Respect to Job Titles
As per Indeed, different job roles with Tableau skill sets earn different average salaries. Few are listed below:
- Data Analyst – ₹518,000 p.a.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Developer – ₹597,000 p.a.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst – ₹608,000 p.a.
- Senior Data Analyst – ₹896,000 p.a.
- Analytics Consultant -₹1,000,000 p.a.
- Senior Business Analyst – ₹964,000 p.a.
- Software Engineer – ₹494,000 p.a.
- Data Scientist – ₹621,000 p.a.
- Data Engineer – ₹501,000 p.a.
- Analytics Manager – ₹2,000,000 p.a.
Tableau Developer Salary in Different Locations in India
According to Indeed, the following are the average Tableau Developer salaries across various cities:
- Mumbai, Maharashtra – ₹6,98,481 p.a.
- Bengaluru, Karnataka – ₹7,58,905 p.a.
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu – ₹7,88,818 p.a.
- Hyderabad, Telangana – ₹8,47,176 p.a.
- Pune, Maharashtra – ₹7,18,868 p.a.
- Delhi, Delhi – ₹11,59,591 p.a.
The Future of Tableau Developers
Data analysis and visualization are the future. Tableau has been reported as a leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms for nine years. Additionally, seven times in a row, Gartner has predicted data visualization and business intelligence as leading technologies.
South Asia, especially, has many market leaders opening up positions for Tableau Developers. Professionals have now started realizing the potential of business intelligence and data visualization.
One can learn Tableau from various sources. There are many ways to learn all you need to know about Tableau—online videos, tutorials, e-books, blogs, publications, journals, communities, etc. There are also certification courses available that will add value to your resume. At the moment, online courses are the way to go.
If you want to learn Tableau from industry experts, sign up for Intellipaat’s Tableau Certification course.
This article has comprehensively analyzed all the different Tableau Developer salary pay ranges based on job role and location as well as various job opportunities that are out there to help you choose a career in Tableau.
Visit Intellipaat’s Tech Community Forum to share, engage, and grow your knowledge.