AWS Quick Reference Guide
If you are looking for a flexible and low cost IT resource, then you must take AWS into consideration. This AWS cheat sheet covers the services offered by Amazon, common use cases and technical limitations. This is a handy reference to the one who is willing to work on cloud services which provides all the basic concepts required to start with it.
This AWS cheat sheet will guide you to the basics of AWS which will be helpful for the beginners and also for those who want to take a quick look at the important topics of AWSLearn more about AWS in this insightful AWS blog!
AWS: Amazon Web Services (AWS), it is a collection of various cloud computing services and application that offers flexible, reliable, easy to use and cost-effective solutions
Cloud Computing: It is an internet-based computing service in which various remote servers are networked to allow centralized data storage and online access to computer services and resources
Go through the AWS Course in London to get clear understanding of AWS.
Types of cloud:
There are three types of clouds
- Public: The resources and services provided by the third-party service providers are available to the customers via internet
- Private cloud: Here the resources and services are managed by the organizations or by the third party only for the customers organization
- Hybrid cloud: It is a combination of both Public and Private Cloud. The decision to run the services on public or private depends on the parameters like sensitivity of the data and applications, industry certifications and required standards etc
Instance: It is a virtual server for running applications on AWS
If you have any doubts or Queries related to AWS, get it clarifies from AWS Experts on AWS Community.
Watch this AWS Certification full course for Beginners video
Types of AWS services:
Auto-Scaling: It is a service designed by EC2 which is used to launch or terminate EC2 instances based on user-defined policies
Elastic Load-Balancing: It automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple instances at multiple availability zones
Learn more about AWS in this AWS training in New York to get ahead in your career!
- VPC: Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a Virtual data center in AWS account consisting of a set isolated resources
- Direct Connect: It is used to establish a dedicated network connection from the host network to AWS without an internet connection
- Route53: It is a scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS) and domain name registration service and 53 is the port on which the service runs
Are you preparing for AWS interview? Then here are latest AWS interview questions
- EC2: It is a Virtual Server that provides resizable compute capacity on cloud.
- Elastic Beanstalk: It is an application container used for deploying and managing containers. It creates an environment for working with web application
- Lambda: It is a computing service that runs the code in response to events and automatically manages the computing resources
- EC2 Container Service: It allows us to easily run and manage Docker containers across a cluster of EC2 instances
- S3: It refers to Simple Storage Service. Allows storage of data objects of any sort in the cloud and store flat files on the cloud and it is secure, scalable and durable.
- CloudFront: It defines a Content Delivery Network. It provides a away to distribute content to end users with low latency and high data transfer speeds
- Glacier: It is a low cost storage service which provides secure and durable storage for long term data archiving and backup
- EFS(Elastic File Storage): It is a file storage service used in EC2 instances and connects to multiple EC2 instances
- Snowball: It is used for moving large amount of data into and out of the AWS using secure appliances for transport, that is it provides data archiving functionality for data that is no longer need to be accessed actively
- Storage Gateway: It is used for securely integrating on-premises IT environments with cloud storage for backup and disaster recovery
Become Master of AWS by going through this online AWS course in Toronto.
- RDS: Relational Database Service (RDS) allows storage of data objects as a part of relational database. It makes easy to set-up, operate and scale familiar relational databases in the cloud
- DynamoDB: It is a scalable NoSQL data store that is used to manage distributed replicas of the data for high availability
- Elasticache: It improves application performance by allowing you to retrieve information from an in-memory caching system. It is way of caching the databases in the cloud.
- Redshift: It is a fast, fully managed data-warehousing service. Which makes it cost-effective to analyze all the data using existing Business Intelligence tools
- DMS: Data Migration Service (DMS) it helps in migrating databases to the cloud easily and securely. It can also be used for converting Databases
Get certified from top AWS course in Singapore Now
- EMR: It is an Amazon Elastic MapReduce that helps in performing big data tasks such as web indexing, data mining and log file analysis
- Data Pipeline: It helps in moving data from one service to other, it is a service for periodic, data-driven workflows
- Elastic Search: It is a managed service that helps in deploying, operating and scale Elasticsearch.
- Kinesis: It makes it easy to work with real-time streaming data in the AWS cloud
- Machine Learning: It is a service that enables us to easily build smart applications
- Quick Sight: It is a Business Intelligence service.
Learn Complete AWS at Hyderabad in 24 Hrs.
Security and Identity:
- IAM: It helps in configuring security for all the services. It is used to ensure that your other services remains safe and inaccessible to others
- Directory Service: It is used to provide managed directory in the cloud
- Inspector: It enables us to analyze the behavior of the applications you run on AWS and helps in identifying potential security issues
- WAF: It is an Web application Firewall service, which protects web application from attack by providing web traffic filters
- Cloud HSM: It is an Hardware Security Module
- KMS: It is a Key management Service
Are you interested in learning AWS course in Bangalore from Experts?
- Cloud Watch: It is used to create different metrics. It provides monitoring for resources and application.
- Cloud Formation: It helps in creating and updating a collection of related AWS resources
- Cloud Trial: It provides increased visibility into user activity by recording API calls made on the account
- OpsWorks: It is a DevOps platform for managing applications of any scale or complexity on the AWS cloud
- Config: It gives the inventory of AWS resources, lets to audit the AWS resource configuration history and notifies the changes
- Service Catalog: It allows organizations to manage approved catalogs of IT resources.
- Trusted Advisor: It inspects the AWS environment and finds opportunities to save money and improve system performance.
- API Gateway: It is used to create, maintain, monitor and secure API’s
- AppStream: It is used to stream resource intensive application and games from the cloud to multiple users
- CloudSearch: It is a completely managed search service for websites and apps
- Elastic transcoder: It is used to convert media files in the cloud easily at a low cost
- SES: Simple Email Service (SES) is used to send and receive email
- SQS: Simple Queue Service (SQS) it is a reliable, hosted queue for storing messages
- SWF: Simple Workflow Service (SWS) is used to coordinates all the processing steps with an application
- Code commit: It is a managed source control service that hosts private Git repositories
- Code deploy: It is used to automate code deployment
- Code pipeline: It is a continuous delivery service that enables to visualize and automate the steps required to release the software
- Mobile Hub: It helps in building, testing and monitor the usage of mobile apps
- Cognito: It is a simple user identity and data synchronization services that helps in securely managing and synchronizing the app data for users across their mobile devices
- Device Farm: It helps in improving the quality of Android, Fire OS and iOS apps by testing against real phones and tablets on cloud
- Mobile Analytics: It is a service that is used to easily collect, visualize and understand app usage
- SNS: Simple Notification Service helps in publishing messages to subscribers or other applications
- Workspaces: It is a fully managed desktop computing service on cloud
- Workdocs: It is a storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities that improve user productivity
- Work mails: It is an email and calendaring service that offers strong security controls and support for existing desktop and mobile clients
Types of EC2 computing instances:
- General Instances: It is used for applications that require a balance of performance and cost
- Compute Instances: It is used for applications that require a lot of processing from the CPU
- Memory Instances: It is used for applications that need a lot of RAM
- Storage instances: It is used for applications with a data set that occupies a lot of space
- GPU instances: It is used for applications requiring heavy graphics rendering
Basic CLI commands:
- cat /proc/mounts: It Displays a list of mounted drives.
- rm <filename>: It Removes the specified file from the current director
- rpm – ql‘<package name>‘: It is used to obtain a list of utilities contained within a package.
- sudo chmod <options>: It Changes the access mode for the current directory.
- sudo mkdir <directory name>: Used to create a new directory to hold files.
- sudo reboot: Reboots the remove AWS system so that you can see the results of any changes you make.
- sudo rmdir <directory name>: Removes the specified directory.
- sudo yum groupinstall “<group package name> “: Installs the specified group of packages.
- sudo yum search ‘<package name> ‘: Searches for a package.
- sudo yum update: Performs required AWS updates.
- sudo yum -y install <service or feature>: Installs a required support service or feature onto the AWS system.
Here ends this AWS Tutorial on Amazon Web Services. Wish to learn more? Check out Intellipaat’s AWS Course to get an in-depth understanding of Amazon Web Services!
With this, we come to an end of AWS Cheat sheet. To get in-depth knowledge, check out our interactive, live-online AWS solution architect certification Training here, that comes with 24*7 support to guide you throughout your learning period. Intellipaat’s AWS Solutions Architect certification training course includes the AWS Cloud, IAM, Lambda, Redshift, EC2, S3, CloudTrail and more. You will work on various essentials of AWS cloud platform and create SaaS applications that are scalable, are highly available and are fault-tolerant.