Definition of Cloud computing
AWS is one of vendors of cloud services, which is why is becomes imperative to have a clear understanding of cloud computing. Take a minute a read below :
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is generally referred to as ‘cloud’. Cloud delivers the resources and services on a virtual platform on-demand in a pay-as-you-go manner. These resources and services can be anything ranging from applications to data centers. Cloud provides following benefits to its users –
- Provision of Self-service : Using cloud services the companies can obtain resources compatible for any kind of workload which in turn eliminates the need to manage and compute the resources in a conventional manner.
- Scalability : Enterprises can scale up or down their technology infrastructure as per the requirement of the hour. This saves time and money in unnecessary investment in temporary infrastructural deployments.
- Pay-as-per-usage : The users need to pay just for the amount of resources consumed.
Prepare yourself with these Top Cloud Computing Interview Questions and grab top jobs in 2017!
Types of Cloud Computing
There are basically three types of cloud computing –
- Private cloud computing – Private cloud provides services to the companies from a business centre to the internal users. In other words, private clouds are operated by the companies separately and offer more controlling abilities over the resources.
- Public cloud computing – Public clouds are solely owned and operated by the companies where a third party delivers the services over a public network. This helps the companies save time and money from wasting money unnecessarily on acquiring the resources manually.
- Hybrid cloud computing – Hybrid clouds are the perfect amalgamation of public and private clouds. A company can use private cloud for running confidential and crucial operations and use the public clouds for sharing the workloads and scale the infrastructure. Actually a company cannot survive with just the private cloud as public clouds serve a large number of purposes in one shot. Therefore a balance between these two is highly desirable which is fulfilled by Hybrid Cloud.
Cloud Computing Stack
Though there new concepts arising every other day, following three are the basic service models on which cloud runs-
|IaaS||The users get the IT infrastructure which includes storage, servers, virtual machines, networks from the service provide.|
|PaaS||These kind of cloud services provide environments for various purposes like development, testing, etc. It helps developers create applications quickly.|
|SaaS||These cloud services allow the developers to code and deliver software applications on cloud with the help of internet.|