Informatica PowerCenter is commonly referred to as Informatica which is a powerful ETL/Data Integration tool. The product suite of Informatica provides multi-faceted utilities such as data masking, data replica, data virtualization, data quality, and many more. Following special characteristics make Informatica an intelligent business tool of present time:
- Allows B2B data exchange safely with end-to-end visibility
- Testing data integration increases data quality, security as well as reduces cost
- Productivity and performance gets boosted with the help of add-on packages multiple times.
However apart from these core features there is a wide array of applications that make Informatica a popular technology in its domain –
|Criteria||Informatica applications in organizations|
|Performance||Improves business processes through automation, reusability and debugging|
|Error handling||Allows reviewing and validating the errors|
|Maintenance||Facilitates automatic job logging and runtime monitoring|
|Flexible||Adapts to the financial, organizational and system changes in the market|
|User-friendly||Does not require formal training and easy to use|
|Data types||Supports many data types like structured data, semi-structured data, unstructured data, mainframe, relational data, etc.|
This tutorial details various types of transformations that Informatica supports in its ETL process and their categorization. If you are looking for some intelligent ways to apply in your business development and deployment, you need to just spend some time to start with Informatica PowerCenter.
Get enrolled in Online Informatica Desktop and Admin Training Course and take your career to a whole new level!
- Business Intelligence Professionals or ETL Developers
- Professionals aspiring to master Business Intelligence
- Project Managers, Database Professionals, Mainframe Professionals, SQL Developers
- Individual learners aiming to build career in Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Entry-level and advanced database administrators in SQL
- Basic knowledge of SQL, databases and data warehousing will be beneficial
Informatica Tutorial Video