Let me start this blog on Azure DevOps Certification by briefly explaining why the public cloud providers like Azure started providing DevOps Certifications in the first place. In recent years, IT industry has witnessed radical changes in the traditional software development processes. These changes came out of the necessity to keep the workflow as smooth as possible. That was the birth of DevOps. As organizations realized that inculcating DevOps means an accelerated application delivery topped with other major benefits, it is no wonder that DevOps became, and still is, a huge hit among organizations.
Watch this video on Azure Certifications:
Now, it wasn’t just the development-based organizations that realized the benefits DevOps could bring to their businesses; the public cloud providers have also recognized DevOps as a viable software development methodology. Furthermore, they have realized how important it is to let their clients leverage this methodology while building applications on their cloud platform. Hence, encouraging higher standards of practice at every stage of application development, the public cloud providers have come up with DevOps Certifications.
Go through the this Microsoft Azure Interview Question and Answers to get clear understanding of Microsoft Azure.
Now, coming back to Azure DevOps Certification, following are the topics that will be discussed in this blog:
- What is Azure DevOps?
- Why Azure DevOps Certification?
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
- The Recommended Azure DevOps Certification Training
So, without any further delays, let’s get started.
What is Azure DevOps?
- Azure DevOps services for Azure cloud
- Azure DevOps Servers (formerly known as Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, VTFS) for on-premise infrastructure
Azure DevOps Services include a lot of inbuilt functionalities that allow teams to manage their products and automate their workflows to increase productivity.
Following are the ‘set of services’ that collectively make up Azure DevOps Services:
- Azure Repos: This service provides unlimited cloud-hosted private Git repositories. Users can pull, push, and commit their changes to these repositories.
- Azure Pipelines: Users can use Azure Pipelines for the build and release services to support the continuous integration and delivery of their applications.
- Azure Boards: It is a suite of agile tools that come in handy in case scenarios where multiple teams work on a project, and they need to track all changes being made.
- Azure Test Plans: This service provides a complete toolkit to perform end-to-end testing of applications and software, including manual/exploratory testing and continuous testing.
- Azure Artifacts: Azure Artifacts allows the teams to share Maven, npm, and NuGet packages from the public and private sources and integrates package sharing into your CI/CD pipelines.
Why Azure DevOps Certification?
Microsoft Azure has demonstrated tremendous growth and one of the fastest market penetrations in a relatively short period of time.
As claimed by Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft, ‘95 percent of the Fortune 500 companies already use Azure.’
If this isn’t the most impressive business success statistic, then what is?
Clearly, with so many organizations using Azure for their businesses, there will be an impressive number of job opportunities for Azure-skilled cloud professionals, including certified Azure DevOps Engineers.
Want to read more about Azure & DevOps? Go through this Azure Tutorial!
The average salary of an Azure DevOps Engineer working at a product-based company ranges from ₹17L to ₹42L per year, and the average salary of an Azure DevOps Engineer working at a service-based company can range from ₹5L to ₹23L per year. You can also observe the salary trends for Azure DevOps Engineers in the following graph.
If you have any doubts or Queries related to Azure, get it clarifies from Azure Experts on Azure Community.
Watch this video on AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
The Azure DevOps Certification is one of the new role-based Azure Certifications which falls under the category of expert-level certifications. The candidates possessing these certifications officially hold the status of ‘Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.’ An Azure DevOps certified candidate is expected to be proficient at DevOps methodologies and development processes.
To earn this certification, candidates have to take up the respective exam offered by Azure. Let’s explore this exam for Azure DevOps certification in detail.
Read this interesting blog on ‘What Does a DevOps Engineer Do?’
Exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
The name of the exam associated with the Azure DevOps Certification is Exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions. This exam tests the ability to design and implement various DevOps strategies.
- Candidates must be Azure certified with any of the two associate-level certifications.
- Candidates must be familiar with both Azure development and Azure administration.
- Candidates must be proficient in implementing agile processes.
To learn about other associate-level Azure certifications, refer to our ‘Microsoft Azure Certification and Training Guide’ blog.
Curriculum of the exam:
|Skills Measured||Exam Weightage|
|Design a DevOps Strategy||20–25%|
|Implement DevOps Development Processes||20–25%|
|Implement Continuous Integration||10–15%|
|Implement Continuous Delivery||10–15%|
|Implement Dependency Management||5–10%|
|Implement Application Infrastructure||15–20%|
|Implement Continuous Feedback||10–15%|
Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and Korean
Exam cost: US$165.00
When it comes to preparing for certifications, it’s always better to find yourself a training course from a well-recognized platform. This is where Intellipaat comes into the picture. Intellipaat offers well-structured and industry-based training courses in Azure certifications, including Azure DevOps. Intellipaat’s Azure DevOps Training Course is curated while keeping the current needs of most of the organizations in mind so as to make it as industry-centric as possible.
This course also includes real-world hands-on projects, case studies, and more for you to work on, ensuring that you gain an all-round knowledge on Azure and DevOps, hence significantly increasing your chances of clearing the official Azure DevOps exam. To top it all off, you will also get a 24/7 technical support for any or all of your queries. So, get yourself enrolled in today, and take your first step toward becoming an Azure-certified DevOps Engineer.
If you have any doubts or Queries related to DevOps, get it clarifies from DevOps Experts on DevOps Community.
- AWS vs Azure vs Google – Detailed Cloud Comparison
- Azure Data Factory Tutorial – Azure Data Factory from Experts
- Google Cloud Machine Learning ( ML ) Tutorial