Software is the main reason that you have a smartphone or laptop from every individual these days. Why such demands? To make living optimized digitally, Software Engineers are responsible for creating or developing web and mobile applications. And for this reason, all the IT giants are investing in potential and skilled candidates. This is not a secret now why Software Engineers are in such demand worldwide. On average, a Software Engineer’s annual salary is $95,885 in the US which is the highest worldwide.
So, in this blog, we are going to give you a clear understanding of the most in-demand options for Software Engineers along with their salaries, and wish you the best in your career as a Software Engineer.
Points to be covered:
If you want to explore more in detail, here is a complete Roadmap along with the salary structure.
Who is a Software Engineer?
A Software Engineer is one who holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science, but however, a lot of things are changing in the modern tech industry.
If you have any certifications, did online training, and have a related degree with proper skills in any software-related field then you are also eligible for getting a job as a Software Engineer.
Software Engineers write codes and build websites and applications. They know how to work with Software Engineering principles and methods like data structures and algorithms, optimizing the databases, and architecture of the systems. Along with this, they work for the initial development of a product’s implementation, testing, and documentation of the software for fulfilling the client’s needs.
There are two types of Software Engineers: Application Software Engineers and System Software Engineers.
- Application Software Engineers are responsible for creating end-user software, such as games, social media applications, and many more.
- The average salary for an Application Software Engineer ranges from 3 LPA to 11 LPA, with an annual average salary of 511499 LPA.
- Systems Software Engineers are responsible for developing systems such as operating systems for computers, mobile devices, etc.
- The salary for a System Software Engineer ranges between 4 LPA to 12 LPA with an average annual salary of 545499 LPA.
We recommend you enroll in Advanced certification in Software Engineering and Application Development by E&ICT, IIT Guwahati.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Software Engineering job titles along with their salaries
Getting interesting right? Now let’s look at some of the Software Engineering job titles which will help you decide your own career path in a direction you have always wanted.
Front-end Engineers – Front-end Engineering is one of the parts of Software engineering that mostly deals with the front end of the website.
Everything you see when you visit a website i.e the user interface like images, texts, and everything that a user can interact with, all the things are handled by Front-end Engineers.
- The salary of a Front-end Engineer in India ranges between 2.3 LPA to 26.8 LPA with an average annual salary of 946599 INR.
- Back-end Engineers– Don’t you think that you should know what is going on behind a website or an application? The sign-up or sign-in we do on a website, the cabs, hotels, or the foods that we order, where these data are getting stored, and how these orders get successfully executed, let’s find it out!
- Back-end Engineers are the reason behind the successful execution of any data that you are giving to a website because they build and maintain the systems by processing your data.
- Back-end Engineers work on the server side which includes the services of a web application, the database designs.
- The Back-end Engineer salary in India ranges between 2.1 LPA to 19.65 LPA with an annual average salary of 571299 INR.
- Full-Stack engineers– Full–stack Engineers are highly qualified professionals in web application and software development who assist in program development and implementation by customizing the software.
- They test and work for improvement purposes with the responsibility of the entire experience to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- They are experts in front-end and back-end coding, so they have an overview of the platform.
- They are also known as a Multitasking Engineer who can design the entire functionality of the website or app.
- The salary of a Full-stack Engineer in India ranges between 3.85 LPA to 22.39 LPA with an average salary of 8110499 INR.
- Security Engineer– Security Engineers have a vital role in the field of Software Engineering as everything is getting digitalized, and no company will want to get their data to be hacked or disclosed publically or with someone unauthorized to access these sensitive data.
- They make sure that the proposed application is secured and keeps the system away from any cyber-attacks.
- Security Engineers are also called ethical hackers because they test the product’s security by hacking it, revealing its potholes, and fixing it later.
- In India, the salary of a Security Engineer ranges between 3.42 LPA to 19.95 LPA with an average annual salary of 611499 INR.
- DevOps Engineer – The job of a Cloud DevOps Engineer is to design the cloud solutions that are used to improve the business.
- They also do the job of server maintenance and patching of the system.
- In India, the salary of a DevOps Engineer ranges between 4.32 LPA to 12.88 LPA with an average annual salary of 596199 INR.
Software Engineer’s salary
When you are looking to begin your career as a Software Engineer you must have an understanding of how much salary you will get!
According to the experts or the experienced people in this field, their guidance is that as a fresher you shouldn’t look at the salary you will get, instead, you should enjoy the job and gain experience from a reputed tech company.
Day by day the demand for Software Engineers has been increasing rapidly due to the digitalization advancement and technical requirements for software solutions. As a result, the salary structure is also ranging competitively worldwide, so there is a wide range of opportunities depending on experience, location, companies, job titles, and also many factors.
Software Engineer Salary in India
Here, we categorized Software Engineer salary by experience level for the role of System Software Engineer and Application Software Engineer, so that you can get a clear reference about the field and take decisions accordingly.
- An employee joining as a System Software Engineer can earn around ₹465,399 per annum with less than one year of experience.
- With 1 to 4 years of experience as a System Software Engineer, one can get around ₹535,499 per annum.
- With 4 to 8 years of experience, a System Software Engineer earns ₹1,250,398 p.a in India.
- As a senior-level System Software Engineer, when the experience and skills grow the earnings rise and it will be around more than ₹1,995,510 a year in India.
The average annual salary for a System Software Engineer in India is 545,399 INR.
Application Software Engineer Salary-
- An employee joining as an Application Software Engineer can earn around ₹350,710 per annum with less than one year of experience.
- With 1 to 4 years of experience as an Application Software Engineer, one can get around ₹445,520 per annum.
- With 4 to 8 years of experience, an Application Software Developer earns ₹880,299 per annum in India.
- As a senior-level Application Software Engineer, the earnings rise because of experience and skill growth due to which the salary gets more than ₹1,450,439 a year in India.
The annual average salary for an Application Software Engineer in India is 511499 INR.
Software Engineer Salary in the US
The US is the world’s top salary-paying country in this tech field, with an annual average of $95,885 for Software Engineers.
Actually, the salary of a Software Engineer does not depend on the country of work, it depends on from which country the company originates and the background related to that company.
Skills required for a Software Engineer
For most entry-level Software Engineering jobs you must have the below-mentioned fundamental skills to succeed as a Software Engineer:
- Basic understanding of modern software architecture.
- Experienced with programming frameworks.
- Experienced with database technologies such as SQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Must have basic problem-solving skills in algorithms.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
Curious to know about the best Software development courses? Check into this blog by Intellipaat and prepare yourself accordingly.
So mate! what do you think? Aren’t Software Engineers rich enough!!!
They are always in high demand and companies are always willing to pay for their expertise. Just knowledge of programming languages and technical skills are essential for the position of a Software Engineer.
Their salaries vary according to the candidate’s skills, previous work experience, and workplace organization. How valuable you will be as a Software Engineer completely depends on your abilities. This position can make a lot of money if you are playing your cards at the right place and at the right time.
So we hope you find this blog interesting, informative, and exciting too!! If you’ve ever considered your career as a Software Engineer, it’s the right time to kickstart your career as a Software Engineer.
If you have any queries, you can post your doubts on our Community page.