A website, in simple words, is nothing but a number of interrelated web pages combined together and is accessible through a single homepage with the help of the Internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. The main purpose of this Web Development tutorial is not to make you a Web Development expert. Rather, we aim to help you become comfortable with the domain and its requirements so that you can hop on the path of becoming an expert in this field.
This ‘Web Development Tutorial: A Beginner’s Guide’ blog will help you gain knowledge of the following:
Let’s start from the beginning and get a basic knowledge of what Web Development is.
What is Web Development?
Web Development allows you to develop websites that are hosted through the Intranet or the Internet via web browsers. This domain mainly revolves around the process of building apps and pages that run on these browsers. Some of these applications may depend on the server on which you have built them, while others may only utilize the server in the initial stage of their development for the storage and retrieval of data. The process of Web Development involves designing, content development, and scripting for the web, along with security configurations.
Watch this Video on Web Development Course
In this Web Developer tutorial, you will further come across the reasons why you need Web Development.
Need for Web Development
Web pages cover the distance between those who possess the information and those who wish to gain knowledge, allowing one to reach out to the world at large. Here are a few reasons why websites are necessary:
- They allow you to advertise numerous offers provided by your organization.
- You can present your ideas through a website and grab the attention of readers from around the world.
- You can reach globally for potential users and customers.
- You can start your own business with the help of a website.
Looking to crack your Web Development Interview? Read our comprehensive Web Developer Interview Questions now!
Let’s now understand who Web Developers are and what these professionals do in this web programming tutorial.
Who are Web Developers?
Web Developers are professionals who build websites that can be accessed and used through the World Wide Web (www). They use different programming languages, along with several protocols, to build these websites and connect with potential customers around the world.
These professionals, therefore, need technical and graphic skills to build websites of specific designs. They are required to develop websites with good UI, which is both functional and interactive, grabbing users’ attention. The websites should meet the users’ demands to keep them interested and persuade them to go for the products or services offered by these websites.
To acquire the skills necessary to become a Web Developer, you must enroll in one of the best Web Developer Courses from Intellipaat. Sign up today and get a boost in your career!
You have got a basic understanding of who Web Developers are. Now, in this web application development tutorial, let’s discuss the components Web Developers use for building a website.
Components of a Website
- HTML: HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. It is the base of every website that you create as it gives a structure to the various parts of the website. When you visit a webpage in the browser, the page that loads is of the HTML file type.
- CSS: CSS or Cascading Style Sheets is used to style the HTML elements. It offers numerous designs and functions that prove to be beneficial while styling the HTML elements to make the website more user-friendly.
So far, you got a basic idea of the various components of a website. To become a professional in this domain, you need to have backend and frontend skills. Now, in this Web Development tutorial, we will come across the skills involved in learning Web Development
Backend Web Development
The aim of this backend Web Development tutorial is to help you understand the dynamic connection that is formed between the frontend of a website and the database or the backend. To be an expert in this, you should have skills in at least some Web Development Languages such as PHP, Java, or Python, along with knowledge of NodeJS or other server-side frameworks.
- PHP: It is a free open-source scripting language that allows developers to build the backend of any new application. It is an extremely powerful tool that allows one to build interactive and dynamic websites.
- Java: This is a high-level, open-source programming language that follows the approach of ‘write once, run anywhere’ (WORA). This approach makes Java programs compatible to run in any given platform, allowing them to be easily portable.
- Python: Python is an object-oriented, open-source language used by most web and software developers around the world. It is an easy language to learn and implement while building a website, which makes it the most preferred language as well.
To learn about NodeJs, you can check out our NodeJS Interview Questions that involve some of the most frequently asked questions during job interviews.
You have come across various languages you need to master to become an expert in the backend part of Web Development. Further, in this web technology tutorial, you will read about the frontend skills that are required to be a Web Developer.
Frontend Web Development
This is all about the frontend Web Development frameworks. Using them, you can develop several tools, build websites with responsive designs, create version control, and more.
In this blog on Web Development for beginners, you have briefly learned about what Web Development is and who Web Developers are. Further, you have come across the numerous skills that you need to acquire to become a professional in this field. With our Web Development training, you will master these skills and more and will also receive an industry-recognized course completion certification from us.
Reach out to us on our Web Technology Community and get a resolution to all your Web Development-related queries!