In the past few years, print, radio, and somewhat television advertising have taken a backseat, which has led to the creation, adaption, and use of the Digital Marketing industry. This rise in the need for Digital Marketing has also paved the way for numerous job opportunities in the domain. In this blog, you will learn about some of these job profiles, the skills you need to possess to get into the respective jobs, and the salary ranges. The topics and job profiles covered in this blog are listed below:
Before getting into the various job profiles and the Digital Marketing jobs salary posted by Glassdoor, PayScale, and Indeed, let’s take a brief look at what Digital Marketing is.
Digital Marketing uses various platforms such as search engines, email, apps, social media, etc. to reach out to customers. It allows professionals to build and post social media posts, attract customers through a well-planned Digital Marketing strategy, devise content and video ideas that can probably go viral, generate new leads through social media and other forms of Digital Marketing, and more. Apart from this, they go for Content Marketing, SEO, email marketing, and other Digital Marketing techniques that have proved to provide great career options in this digital era.
This was just to give you an overview of what Digital Marketing is and how it works.
Learn about Jobs, Salary and Future of Digital Marketing in our Digital Marketing Career Video:
Now, let’s discuss the Digital Marketing scope and salary for those aiming to pursue a career in this field.
Digital Marketing Manager
To become a Digital Marketing Manager, you should know that you may possibly have a future in a Digital Marketing company. Compared to other industries, Digital Marketing Managers earn more in IT and Digital Marketing organizations. In this job profile, you have the responsibility to mentor and manage a team of marketers and lead them. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will not succeed only because of your command but also your work experience.
Digital Marketing Manager Skills
- Plan and carry out various campaigns
- Manage paid marketing campaigns
- Have knowledge of several SEO concepts
- Be skillful in performance monitoring
- Track campaign performance across multiple Digital Marketing platforms
Enroll in the best Digital Marketing Training offered at Intellipaat!
Average Digital Marketing Manager Salary
Now, let’s learn about the Digital Marketing team lead salary as per geographical location in detail.
In the United States, Digital Marketing Managers earn an average income of US$72,015 per year that can rise to US$111,000 per year.
- Los Angeles, California – US$78,524/year
- Orlando, Florida – US$56,672/year
- New York City – US$84,621/year
Digital Marketing Managers in India earn an average salary of ₹548,523 per year, which can increase to ₹1,000,000 per year.
- New Delhi – ₹506,068/year
- Gurgaon, Haryana – ₹693,050/year
- Bangalore, Karnataka – ₹595,655/year
- Mumbai, Maharashtra – ₹599,900/year
- Pune, Maharashtra – ₹544,954/year
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh – ₹583,992/year
- Kolkata, West Bengal – ₹220,000/year
In Canada, Digital Marketing Managers can earn an average annual income of C$65,477, and this can rise to C$89,000.
- Montreal, Quebec – C$63,977/year
- Toronto, Ontario – C$69,315/year
The average salary of a professional Digital Marketing Manager in Australia is about AU$81,714 per year, and it can rise to AU$119,000 per year.
- Sydney, New South Wales – AU$87,025/year
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a Digital Marketing Manager earns a salary of approximately AED182,683 per year, and it has the potential to increase to AED393,000 per year based on the company, the job location, work experience, etc.
Digital Marketing Managers in Singapore can earn about S$91,019 per year on average, and this amount can increase to S$112,000 per year.
In the United Kingdom, the average salary earned by a Digital Marketing Manager is approximately £40,822 per year, which can rise to £57,000 per year.
Digital Marketing is not as popular a field in Kuwait as in the other countries mentioned. However, there are definitely a few job opportunities available for professionals here. The average income of a Digital Marketing Manager in Kuwait is about KWD14,197 per year, and it can rise to KWD20,000 per year.
Digital Marketing Specialist
As per LinkedIn, Digital Marketing Specialists or SEO Specialists are among the top 10 in-demand jobs today, with SEO as one of the highest required skills. Working under the supervision of a Digital Marketing Manager, SEO Specialists are responsible for managing online advertising campaigns, making sure that their marketing initiatives align with the main goal and strategy of the company, and so on.
Digital Marketing Specialist Skills
- In-depth knowledge of ranking algorithms
- Familiarity with technical SEO, SEMrush, and other SEO tools and techniques
- Ensuring if their web page follows SEO guidelines
Average Digital Marketing Specialist Salary
- USA – US$50,173/year
- Los Angeles, California – US$58,195/year
- Orlando, Florida – US$45,425/year
- New York City – US$US$60,133/year
- India – ₹466,000/year
- New Delhi – ₹395,407/year
- Bangalore, Karnataka – ₹510,000/year
- Pune, Maharashtra – ₹318,000/year
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh – ₹320,978/year
- Kolkata, West Bengal – ₹270,000/year
- Canada – C$50,573/year
- Montreal, Quebec – C$51,245/year
- Toronto, Ontario – C$53,137/year
- Australia – AU$65,040/year
- UAE – AED80,707/year
- Singapore – S$40,545/year
- United Kingdom – £25,732/year
Sign up for one of the best Content Marketing Course programs today!
Digital Marketing Fresher
Freshers are those who have completed their education and have just come out of their cocoon ready to apply for jobs and take a step toward their first career goal. Digital Marketing freshers are professionals looking to start a career in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Fresher Skills
Some of the skills you need to acquire before stepping out as a Digital Marketing fresher are as follows:
- Editing and writing skills
- Skills in SEO and SEM
- Basic understanding of email marketing and social media marketing
- Knowledge of CRM
Average Digital Marketing Fresher Salary
The Digital Marketing salary for freshers is comparatively less than the other roles. This is due to a lack of knowledge and experience. However, once you gain enough skills and working experience, you will be able to climb up the ladder and earn higher salaries in no time.
Register for our online Digital Marketing Strategy Course and become a certified professional in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Executive
Digital Marketing Executives engage the brand with potential clients and customers using a digital platform. Their goal is to create, establish, and manage their company’s online presence. They are responsible for promoting the business product on websites and other online platforms.
Digital Marketing Executive Skills
- Great analytical skills
- Knowledge of new and all existing social media platforms
- Knowledge of content and social media marketing
Average Digital Marketing Executive Salary
- USA – US$45,904/year
- India – ₹303,000/year
- Bangalore, Karnataka – ₹340,000/year
- Pune, Maharashtra – ₹228,000/year
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh – ₹307,000/year
- Canada – CA$61,000/year
- Australia – AU$65,000/year
- United Kingdom – £28,168/year
Digital Marketing Freelancer
A Digital Marketing freelancer is one who has all the significant knowledge and skills that can be used to offer various necessary online marketing services to customers. The perk of being a freelancer is that you get to work from home and work at your own time through multiple collaboration tools as long as you meet the set deadlines. Unlike being a part of a bigger team while working in a Digital Marketing company, freelancers must have a broader range of knowledge and skills to meet the expectations of their clients.
Digital Marketing Freelancer Skills
- Create your personal brand
- Ability to identify potential clients
- Bid and pitch your brand
- Manage the tasks at hand without any supervision
- Be thorough with various Digital Marketing and SEO tools
Master the top SEO tools used by Freelancers and experts in our SEO Course program!
Average Digital Marketing Freelancer Salary
Depending on the country and city you work in, the skills you possess, your personal branding, your pitch, and many such factors, your salary may fluctuate between US$50 and US$200 an hour.
Become a Digital Marketing Professional Today!
There is immense Digital Marketing salary growth if you are ready to stay up-to-date and keep upskilling yourself. This blog on ‘Digital Marketing Salary’ is mainly to help you see the potential that you can reach up to if you are thinking of pursuing a career in the domain. Apart from the overall Digital Marketing field, you can also opt for specializations that are a part of it, including Digital Marketing Strategy, mobile marketing, social media marketing, search engine marketing, etc. Get started with the respective online training courses and build your career in the specialization today!
If you have any queries, you can post them on our Digital Marketing Community!