You might have come across the term Data Science and must be wondering what exactly it is. It does seem interesting but you must be thinking, how would I even start to learn Data Science!
So, these are the questions which will be answered in this blog:
- What is Data Science and the need of data science?
- Future and Scope of Data Science.
- How do I start learning Data Science?
- What are some good books to learn Data Science?
- Resources for learning Data Science
- Certifications for Data Science
Watch this Data Science Tutorial video
What is Data Science?
We are living in an era of high competition where information is the key to make our grip in the market. This information is generated by the massive amount of data collected from applications, websites and many other sources. So, the data generated by these sources can be structured or unstructured. We need to process this massive amount of data. This can be done by designing algorithms and tools that we can use to draw out meaningful insights from the data and then make productive strategies by understanding the patterns so that we can find new market trends, enhance productivity and efficiency to make a good place among competitors. This is where Data Science comes into play. Data science is the study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analysing data to effectively extract useful information.
It’s not only about business or markets where Data Science is useful but it can also be used in predictive analytics like in weather forecasting. Data collected from satellites and radars can be used for predicting the weather conditions and occurrence of natural calamities. It will help us to save many lives by taking appropriate measures before time.
Go through the Data Science Course in Hyderabad to get clear understanding of Data Science Technique.
Another scenario can be, like if we type “Learn Data Science” in google, it suggests more searches related to the keyword “Learn Data Science”. It is possible because google keeps the record of past browsing history of their user and makes a cluster of similar keywords. So, if we search anything, we would get the relevant searches according to that.
Future and scope of learning Data Science
Today, various technologies are growing so fast and enormous amount of data is generated on a daily basis. This generation of data is a never-ending process. So, across various industries, there is a need of implementation of data science within their organization. So, there are plenty of opportunities to grow in the field of data science and learning data science is a very good option for a bright career.
There are a lot of jobs for Data Scientists in India as well as in other countries, giving a vast exposure to the people who want to be a Data Scientist. So, the data of the top Indian Job seeking site Naukri.com says that more than 20,000+ jobs are there in India just for Data Scientist. And, in LinkedIn, there were more than 14,000+ jobs for Data Scientists in India itself and that is a huge number.
Interested in learning Data Science? Click here to learn more in this Data Science Training in Bangalore!
In 2018, the estimated job vacancies were 2.9 million for the job role “data scientist”.
This clearly shows the requirement of Data Scientists across the globe.
Data Scientist Salary: The average salary of a Data Scientist in India is Rs 6,50,000/- and an experienced Data Scientist can earn up to $250,000.
How do I start learning data science?
There is a huge demand for Data Scientists in coming few years. If you are pursuing your career in this field, you need to learn Data Science from proper sources to build foundation. There are a lot of institutes which provide this course from where you can learn data science, but the most preferred way is to learn data science online.
So, you can enroll for Data science course by Intellipaat which will help you gain relevant experience in Data Science. You can learn data science online with 24*7 support.
So, in this data science architect course, you will start off by learning the top 3 analytical tools used in the industry.
- So, there’s Data Science with R, where you’ll start off by learning R Programming & learn how to implement statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms with R.
- Next up is Data Science with Python, where you’ll learn Python Programming and work on multiple python libraries.
- Next is Data Science with SAS, where you’ll learn SAS Programming and learn how to implement predictive analytics with SAS.
Become Master of Data Science by going through this online Data Science course in Toronto.
So, once you are good with these three tools, you’d have to learn how to store and process big data. So, we have the Apache Spark with Scala course, where you’ll learn how to store and process big data in real time.
And to be a complete data scientist, you have to know artificial intelligence concepts as well. So, we have the deep learning with TensorFlow course, where you’ll learn how to implement deep neural networks with the TensorFlow and Keras API.
Get certified from top Data Science course in Singapore Now!
And finally, when you have the right information with you, your task as a data scientist would be to represent this information in the form of beautiful graphs and reports to the decision makers. So, for this purpose, we teach you Tableau, where you’ll learn how to create customized dashboards and interactive visualizations at a rapid pace.
So, it’s obvious that the easiest and the best way is to learn data science online.
Now, if you still consider books to be a better resource than online classes, you can refer these:
What are some good books to learn Data Science?
- “The Data Science Handbook: Advice and Insights from 25 Amazing Data Scientists” by Carl Shan, William Chen, Henry Wang, and Max Song
- “Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline” by Cathy O’Neil and Rachel Schutt
- “Numsense! Data Science for the Layman: No Math Added” by Annalyn Ng and Kenneth Soo
- “The Art of Data Science” by Roger D. Peng and Elizabeth Matsui
- “Data Science For Dummies” by Lillian Pierson
- “Big Data For Dummies” by Judith Hurwitz, Alan Nugent, Fern Halper, and Marcia Kaufman
- “Data Jujitsu: The Art of Turning Data into Product” by DJ Patil
- “Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think” by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier
Now, if you belong to the category of people who prefer online resources, then you can go through these:
Topcoder: We can get the various data science tutorials which cover various topics of data science.
R-bloggers: Here, various R news and tutorials are contributed by R-bloggers. So, we can get to know about the updates and changes in data science.
Data Science Weekly: This is very helpful resource as it provides latest data science articles, books, training resources, videos and job postings.
Reddit: This is a community in which people share their research papers and many useful resources to learn data science.
Certifications for Data Science
If you only learn data science and you are not certified, then it reduces your job opportunity. You need to be certified if you want to pace up in your career.
So, here is the list of certifications that you can go though:
- Python for Data Science Training Course
- R Programming for Data Science
- Data Science Course Online Training and Certification
- Artificial Intelligence Course and Training (Using Tensorflow)
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer Master’s Course in Association with IBM
- Data Science Architect Master’s Course in Association with IBM
- Machine Learning Course Online using Python
- Data Analytics Training Course
- Reinforcement Learning Certification
- Probabilistic Graphical Models Certification
- Natural Language Processing Using Python Certification
- SAS Training
This is all about the path to learn Data Science online. So, dive deep into the sea of Data Science and stay tuned with us.