Before going into MEAN Stack vs Full Stack, you need to understand the basics of Web Development. Let’s get started!
Now let us talk about the following topics:
What is Web Development?
Web Development refers to designing or developing websites or web applications for organizations, mobiles, personal reasons, and many more. Web Development is divided into two components as follows:
- Frontend Web Development
- Backend Web Development
Frontend Web Development
Backend Web Development
Backend Web Development is also known as server-side development that focuses on databases, scripting, and coding. It also has to manage the storing and retrieval of data from the database, in parallel with the integration part of the frontend.
These Web Development components make use of various web-based tools and techniques.
Full Stack Developers work on both frontend, backend, and other APIs, while MEAN Stack involves only a set of frameworks such as MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS.
To get a clear understanding of Full Stack Development, check out our video:
I hope you are now familiar with what Full Stack and MEAN Stack are. Now, let’s delve deep into these concepts and know why to choose Full Stack or MEAN Stack. Keep on reading!
Why choose Full Stack?
As it is said, Full Stack Developers work on both frontend and backend technologies to build interactive web applications, mobile applications, databases, testing, and many more. Earlier developers who are proficient in the above domains used to carry on with the same designation. As technology trends are changing day by day, there is a huge demand for Full Stack Developers and now they can easily switch between the frontend and backend development of a project. Hence, the ‘Full Stack Developer’ profile is a prominent one as a result of the ample benefits it delivers.
Learn about the difference between Mean Stack and MERN Stack in our comparison blog on MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack.
There are some major responsibilities Full Stack Developers have to perform in companies around the world. Let’s check them out.
- Full Stack Developers build a complete web application from scratch without any gap in the development process.
- They should have a good idea of the entire design structure and handle any level of the development process according to the requirements.
- For them, it is easy to progress with advanced tools and technologies faster than others.
- Full Stack Developers focus on problems and solutions and are capable of fixing them easily.
Why MEAN Stack?
- MongoDB: MongoDB is a NoSQL database that is used to store a high volume of data. It makes use of documents and collections. Where documents involve the key-value pair data in MongoDB, collections are a set of functions and documents similar to relational database tables.
- ExpressJS: Express is a standard server framework for Node.js applications that help build multi-page, hybrid-page, and single-page web applications.
To get a clear idea of ‘What is MEAN Stack?’ check out our video:
Here are some of the benefits of MEAN Stack Development.
- To control the web development process smoothly, it supports the Model-View-Control (MVC) architecture.
- It comes up with a built-in comprehensive suite of testing tools.
- It helps clear unnecessary bugs in the development process and keeps the application well-organized.
I hope you are now familiar with MEAN stack developer vs Full-stack developer. Now, let’s get into our topic of discussion, ‘Full Stack vs MEAN Stack.’
Difference Between MEAN Stack and Full Stack
|MEAN Stack||Full Stack|
|Used to develop websites. It is an acronym made out of MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS||Includes both frontend and backend web development|
|Involves Breadth-First Search (BFS)||Need to study Breadth-First Search (BFS)|
|Beneficial for app development companies such as Quytech, Intellectsoft, TechAhead, and many more||More beneficial for Full Stack Development companies such as Octal IT Solution, Multidots, Bacancy Technology, etc.|
|MEAN Stack Developers have many job opportunities as you flip through job portals such as Naukri, LinkedIn, and Indeed||Full Stack Developers have equal job opportunities as you flip through job portals such as Monster India, TimesJob, etc.|
Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack Salary
As reported by Neuvoo, the average salary paid to MEAN Stack Developers in India is around ₹900,000 per year, and in the United States, it is around US$120,000 per year.
Based on the analysis of Glassdoor, the average income of Full Stack Developers in India is around ₹695,737 per year, and in the United States, it is around US$105,813 per year.
In this blog, you saw different features and uses of MEAN Stack Development and Full Stack Development. You may choose any of the two as per the requirements of your organization. I would say, it is not among these two you need to pick one, but you should consider the features of both that match with your specifications; i.e., you need to define your project specifications first and then map them to find the best that suits your project.
If you are a Web Development enthusiast, enroll now with Intellipat’s Full Stack and MEAN Stack Web Development Training Course!