Why do we use Salesforce?
We have seen giant organizations, such as TCS, Infosys, Wipro, IBM, etc., having huge client bases, and these organizations always have several big projects on their desks. They use their own servers for hosting their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. If you don’t know what CRM is, then let me tell you about that first.
CRM is an approach that helps companies organize the association and interactivity with their budding customers. CRM systems take care of the retailing, sales, and customer support and services of an organization. Basically, it helps optimize and improve the growth of the business.
Before, all major companies used to build their own CRM solutions. It took a lot of time, effort, and money (in millions) to build these systems. Also, it was very difficult for small and emerging companies to build a CRM system at an affordable cost. Here came Salesforce with feasible solutions for building CRM systems.
Benefits of Using Salesforce
- It provides CRM software online at an affordable price, which can be customized according to the needs of a company.
- With Salesforce, companies need not worry about the infrastructure like installing hardware and software.
- It saves a lot of time, effort, and money for the organizations.
Therefore, we can say that Salesforce plays a crucial role in running a business efficiently.
Now, in this blog on Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities, we will learn what Salesforce is all about.
Learn more about Salesforce from this Salesforce Administrator Certification and Training in New York to get ahead in your career! What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is one of the popular CRM tools available in the market today. It is an industry cloud ecosystem that provides services for setting up a business model successfully. From top MNCs to small start-ups, all make use of Salesforce services to deal with their business problems. While using Salesforce, we need not bother about the software and hardware setup, maintenance, and updates for the application. It is all maintained by Salesforce Developers. So, the presence of Salesforce helps us in focusing only on developing business ideas and innovations rather than maintaining technology. Also, it is a multiuser distributed system where multiple clients can use the technology at the same time.
Features of Salesforce
Here are some of the features of Salesforce:
- Fast: Salesforce is a platform that lays out the quickest path for developing an application after coming up with an idea. We can deploy the business model within weeks while a traditional system takes a year or more to do so.
- Easy to integrate: We can integrate Salesforce easily with other applications or software, such as Gmail, Outlook, etc.
- Easy to access: We can use Salesforce from any location via the Internet.
- Productive: As Salesforce is very simple to use, it can fit into the business structure with less effort. So, we can accomplish the tasks productively with less time.
As we have skimmed through ‘What is Salesforce?,’ now, we would be looking into the Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities.
Salesforce Administrator’s Responsibilities
Salesforce is an essential resource in the IT sector. Enterprises employing Salesforce into their business don’t need any infrastructure (hardware and software) as Salesforce runs it in the cloud ecosystem. Since data is a vital resource for any organization, it is much more valuable than what an organization spends on availing Salesforce services.
Organizations need an administrator who can take care of the crucial data submitted to the Salesforce cloud ecosystem. So, companies hire Salesforce Administrators for managing the Salesforce cloud ecosystem for them.
A Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities consist of a wide variety of duties.
Looking to crack the Salesforce Admin Certification exam? Read our comprehensive blog on Salesforce Admin Certification now.
Here, we have compiled some of the major Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities. A Salesforce Administrator is the one who:
- Takes care of using the available tools of Salesforce effectively
- Checks for the changes that need to be done for making the business processes effective
- Works as the main System Administrator for handling the work environment of Salesforce.com with multiple users
- Checks for restrictions on user accounts for vital data accessibility
- Takes care of the removal of redundancy and duplicity of user accounts
- Manages all executive functions, such as maintenance of user accounts, records, dashboards, and additional conventional tasks
- Organizes the assessment, extension, and conclusion of new requests for development
- Provides training to fresh users in the organization to make them skilled for participating in Salesforce-related processes
- Serves as the link connecting the application developers, business people, and users
- Remains responsible for creating and maintaining reports in Salesforce.com and extracting insights from data for advancing business revenue
- Handles all technological resources associated with sales and the feeding of data into Salesforce
Now, to fulfill the Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities, certain skills are required. Going ahead, we will skim through the skill set required to carry out the Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities productively.
Salesforce Administrator Skills
A Salesforce Administrator should:
- Have magnificent management skills
- Possess proficiency in interacting with people at all levels of the company
- Be capable of effectively analyzing data accumulated from multiple sources
- Be an expert in Salesforce, for handling various business-related issues
- Have an understating of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) to optimize the growth rate of the sales team with the help of excellent data analysis skills
- Possess great data administration skills to retain data arranged and easily accessible
- Have excellent problem-solving skills to solve all the business and process-related problems of the organization
- Be responsible to maintain the consistency of the workflow and confidentiality of the business for the organization
Scope of a Salesforce Administrator
Salesforce Administrator is the captain for maintaining the business structure in Salesforce. Also, every company entering into the market, today, establish its business model in Salesforce. So, we can imagine the importance of a Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities for executing a successful business and the high-rising scope of a Salesforce Administrator.
Learn Salesforce Admin concepts from Intellipaat’s Salesforce Administrator Training and excel in your career!
Job Opportunities for Salesforce Administrators
According to Forbes, the number of openings for a Salesforce Administrator profile has increased in the last 2 years due to the newly emerging companies embracing Salesforce services. In 2019, we have more than 15,000 job openings for Salesforce professionals. The number manifests the overview of opportunities as a Salesforce Administrator in the present world. From this, we can infer the importance of the Salesforce Administrator role and its responsibilities.
Check out this insightful Salesforce Tutorial to learn more about Salesforce!
Salary Structure of Salesforce Administrators
According to Indeed, the average salary of a Salesforce Administrator is US$123,000 per year and, in India, it is₹7.8 LPA for a fresher. Companies invest a lot to get the Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities fulfilled. Also, this six-figure salary is simply great to start the career as a Salesforce Administrator.
Finally, from all the aforementioned facts, we can infer that the graph of the career in Salesforce is always in a bottom-up fashion due to its importance in the industry.
This was all about the Salesforce Administrator’s responsibilities.
Come to Intellipaat’s Salesforce Community if you have more queries on Salesforce!