In Salesforce there are mainly three types of specialty positions which include Salesforce Administrators, Salesforce Consultants, and Salesforce Developers. Salesforce as we all know is one of the best CRM in the world, but it’s not necessary that the Salesforce of company A is similar to the Salesforce of company B where a Salesforce developer plays its role.
A Salesforce developer’s job is to analyze the processes in the company, design the CRM workflows in Salesforce, and also provide custom solutions for specific business requirements. They are the backbone of any enterprise to manage the old and new records of the company.
Check out this video on Salesforce Training on YouTube:
Roles of a Salesforce Developer Jobs
We have compiled a list of responsibilities as a part of the Salesforce Developer job description for you to have a look at-
- Support business requirements and deal with all the CRM needs of the client
- Provide customized solutions using the Salesforce platform
- Take care of requirement gatherings, produce functional analysis and facilitate customer workshops, etc.
- To communicate with different project managers, clients, and technicians and ensure efficient participation in all the different phases of development from testing to maintenance.
- To troubleshoot any bugs or attacks in the system
- Create various timelines and development goals.
Want to learn more about salesforce from basics, then go through our Salesforce Developer Tutorial now.
Salesforce Developer Responsibilities
A Salesforce developer has a lot of work to manage. They should be able to handle the client’s problems and manage all their peers. Since it’s a cloud-based software there are regular updates in Salesforce which needs to be monitored frequently. Some of the responsibilities in a Salesforce developer job are as follows-
- Responsible for making specialized plans and procedures for different offices and the IT groups, creating answers for the location of any far-reaching issues, and making their procedures progressively effective.
- Providing training to other junior developers and managing them to process tasks efficiently
- Work with various internal offices, including promotions, project improvements, and tasks to ensure that Salesforce status supports internal requirements by identifying usefulness and fulfillment.
- Application development for other peer developers
- Responsible for updating and making changes to already existing applications or making new ones according to client needs.
There are other roles for the part of the Salesforce Developer Job description too but these are the most primary ones. Let us now glance at the skill set any Salesforce developer would need.
Check out our blog on the Architecture of Salesforce!
Skills required to become a Salesforce Developer
There are some skills that you need to possess to become a Salesforce Developer. Let’s talk about the soft and technical skills required for this job.
- Ability to manage a team and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to solve complex and high-level problems and application issues
- Good communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (preferred).
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Hands-on experience with different types of tools of Salesforce IDE
- Proficiency in various database scripting languages like MYSQL, Apex, Native, VisualForce
- Well-versed with the Lightning framework
Want to ace your Salesforce Interview? Check out these Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers.
Day to Day Responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer
A day in the life of a Salesforce Developer is filled with exciting challenges. As said earlier, a Salesforce Developer is the backbone of the enterprise and that’s what makes this job more interesting. Some of the day-to-day activities in a Salesforce Developer’s job are-
- Meetings with the client to understand their requirements and figure out an approach to solve the problem or issues using Salesforce.
- Creating team meetings to get updates on the work or the status of the ongoing project in the organization.
- Meetings with the core team members to analyze pending tasks and complete the ones which are considered to be a higher priority.
- Salesforce developers lead the testing and implementation of package development efforts, as well as coding, configuration, regular maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging, additionally managing timelines and manufacturing technical documentation.
- Salesforce developers maintain user roles, ensuring there are no security breaches that could place risk on the company’s data.
- Salesforce builders carry out opinions of the statistics, growing complicated CRM answers to make sure that good practices are observed and better statistical answers are provided.
Why are the Salesforce Developer jobs so interesting?
Since there is a high demand for Cloud Computing technology, the demand for Salesforce professionals, especially, Salesforce Developers has increased worldwide. Some of the amazing perks of a Salesforce Developer job role are:
- Solving futuristic problems by working with the greatest minds of big MNCs
- Widespread job opportunities and scope of growth
- Collaboration with leading world leaders of various industries
- Sharing of knowledge and resources with other technicians
- Good salary package and various other incentives
- Learning new technologies and handling challenging situations
These perks are definitely worth everything to become a good Salesforce Developer.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Job Opportunities of Salesforce Developers
As claimed by the website itself, Salesforce is the No.1 CRM provider worldwide, for the past 6 consecutive years, and its popularity as an in-demand skill has grown continuously. Therefore, there has been a steep increase in the number of job openings in every small or large enterprise in the world.
- According to a recent study by the International Data Corporation (IDC), there has been a huge increase in jobs that require Salesforce skills, and the Salesforce ecosystem is predicted to have 3.3 million new jobs and over $850 billion in revenue worldwide by 2022.
- By 2022, Salesforce’s economy is expected to create 3.3 million new jobs, 1.4 million more than the 1.9 million new jobs expected in 2021.
- One of the main reasons for the continued growth of Salesforce-related jobs is the widespread adoption of Salesforce on mobile devices. As more and more companies switch to the mobile version of Salesforce, large application companies need to start hiring application developers with Salesforce skills.
- The companies will also need to take on several other roles in the mobile application development company to give them a certain level of Salesforce experience.
Who is a Salesforce Developer?
Let’s understand in layman’s language who is a Salesforce developer. A salesforce developer is a person who works on building applications using Salesforce CRM software in various organizations. Salesforce Developer’s job is to work across various Paas (Platform As A Service) platforms.
Check out Intellipaat’s Salesforce Course to enhance your career!
What does a Salesforce Developer do?
A Salesforce developer has experience and an understanding of how Salesforce works. The developer is commissioned by a client to adapt Salesforce to the specifications of the contractual partner. These developers use tools like Apex and Visualforce, and frameworks like Salesforce Lightning Component to develop applications. A Salesforce Developer’s job is to:
- Integrate across systems and present data in the right place at the right time using the tools and platform provided by Salesforce.
- Salesforce customization according to any aspect of the business whenever there’s a requirement
- Provide clients with a solution that will grow with their company and work as they need it to.
Now, let’s understand Salesforce Developer’s roles and responsibilities.
Salesforce Developers Salary
Salesforce Developers are among the highest-paid professionals across the entire Salesforce domain. It’s nothing astonishing if it is said that the Salesforce Developer Certification is the most popular certification in the world.
- The salaries of Salesforce developers have changed drastically as the demand is increasing on a day-to-day basis. The average base salary of a Salesforce developer is $116,472 and $1,250 as a cash bonus every year.
- There are many other benefits provided by various companies like visa sponsorship and incentives like health insurance, accidental insurance, etc.
This proves that the job market for Salesforce programmers and developers is stable, which is good news.
Want to know more about Salesforce? Read this extensive Salesforce Tutorial and enhance your knowledge!
Salesforce Developers Salary in India
India has also seen a rise in Salesforce careers, especially, in the Salesforce Developers profile. Here are some of the big names and salaries they are providing to young Salesforce Devs.
|Company Name||Salary per annum|
|Cisco System Inc||₹ 5,20,200|
|Yamaha Corporation||₹ 4,60,000|
The top respondents for the job title Salesforce Developer are from the companies Cognizant, Accenture, and Deloitte. Reported salaries are highest at Infosys Limited, where the average pay is ₹725,417.
Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Deloitte and Accenture Technology Solutions, paying around ₹655,000 and ₹610,419, respectively.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited pays the lowest at around ₹425,000. Capgemini and Accenture also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying ₹455,904 and ₹475,000, respectively. Source- PayScale.
Want to grab a Salesforce Admin job? Prepare yourself with these Top Salesforce Admin Interview Questions!
This blog helps you to find out the Roles and Responsibilities of Salesforce developers and how important they are in an organization.
Salesforce developers deal with many futuristic problems of the organization, they work on various software and manage the backend database of the CRMs.
Salesforce developers may need to have some business knowledge that relates to the Salesforce project they are working on. This is typically needed when a Salesforce Developer is a necessary hire for a business, but the Salesforce budget does not allow additional hires such as a technical consultant.
With some business knowledge, a Salesforce Developer may be able to take on both roles.
Have any more queries regarding Salesforce Developer Jobs, Join our Salesforce Community page and get your queries answered.