In Salesforce there are mainly three types of specialty positions which include Salesforce Administrators, Salesforce Consultants, Salesforce Developers. Salesforce as we all know is one of the best CRM in the world, but it’s not necessary that the Salesforce of company A is similar to the Salesforce of company B where a Salesforce developer plays its role.
Check out this video on Salesforce Tutorial on YouTube:
Who is a Salesforce Developer?
Let’s understand in a layman’s language who is a Salesforce developer? A salesforce developer is a person who works on building applications using Salesforce CRM software in various organizations. Salesforce Developer’s job is to work across various Paas (Platform As A Service) platforms.
Get 50% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
What does a Salesforce Developer do?
A Salesforce developer’s job is to analyze the processes in the company, design the CRM workflows, and also provide custom solutions for specific business requirements. They are the backbone of any enterprise to manage the old and new records of the company.
A Salesforce developer has an understanding of how Salesforce works and experience with the platform. The developer is commissioned by a client to adapt Salesforce to the specifications of the contractual partner. These developers use tools like Apex and Visualforce, and frameworks like Lightning Component to develop applications. A Salesforce Developer’s job is to:
- Integrate across systems and present data in the right place at the right time using the tools and platform provided by Salesforce.
- Salesforce customization according to any aspect of the business whenever there’s a requirement
- Provide clients with a solution that will grow with their company and work as they need it to.
Now, let’s understand Salesforce Developer roles and responsibilities.
Watch this video on How To Become a Salesforce Developer
Roles of a Salesforce Developer
We have compiled a list of responsibilities in a Salesforce Developer job; do have a look-
- Support business requirements and deal with all the CRM needs of the client
- Provide customized solutions using the Salesforce platform
- Take care of requirement gatherings, produce functional analysis and facilitate customer workshops, etc.
- To communicate with different project managers, clients, technicians and ensure efficient participation in all the different phases of development from testing to maintenance.
- To troubleshoot any bugs or attacks in the system
- Create various timelines and development goals.
Want to learn more about salesforce from basics, then go through our Salesforce Developer Tutorial now.
Salesforce Developer Responsibilities
A Salesforce developer has a lot of work to manage. They should be able to handle the client’s problems and manage all their peers. Since it’s a cloud-based software there are regular updates in Salesforce which needs to be monitored frequently. Some of the responsibilities in a Salesforce developer job are as follows-
- Responsible for making specialized plans and procedures for different offices and the IT group, creating answers for the location of any far-reaching issues, and making their procedures progressively effective.
- Providing training to other junior developers and managing them to process tasks efficiently
- Work with various internal offices, including promotions, project improvements, and tasks to ensure that Salesforce status supports internal requirements by identifying usefulness and fulfillment.
- Application development for other peer developers
- Responsible for updating and making changes to already existing applications or making new ones according to client needs.
There are various other roles of a Salesforce Developer too but these are the most primary ones.
Day to Day Responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer-
A day in the life of a Salesforce Developer is filled with exciting challenges. As it’s said earlier, a Salesforce Developer is the backbone of the enterprise and that’s what makes this job more interesting. Some of the day-to-day activities in a Salesforce Developer’s job are-
- Meetings with the client to understand their requirements and figuring out an approach to solve the problem or issues using Salesforce.
- Creating team meetings to get updates on the work or the status of the ongoing project in the organization.
- Meetings with the core team members to analyze pending tasks and completing the ones which are considered to be a higher priority.
- Salesforce developers lead the testing and implementation of package development efforts, as well as coding, configuration, regular maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging, additionally managing timelines and manufacturing technical documentation.
- Salesforce developers maintain user roles, ensuring there are no security breaches that could place risk on the company’s data.
- Salesforce builders carry out opinions of the statistics, growing complicated CRM answers to make sure that good practices are observed and better statistical answers are provided.
Requirements to become a Salesforce Developer
Some basic requirements to get hired in a Salesforce Developer job are-
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (preferred).
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Hands-on experience with different types of tools of Salesforce IDE
- Proficiency in various database scripting languages like MYSQL, Apex, Native, VisualForce
- Well-versed with the Lightning framework
- Ability to manage a team and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to solve complex and high-level problems and application issues
- Good communication skills
Want to ace your Salesforce Interview, Check out these Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers.
Why is the Salesforce Developer job so interesting?
Since there is a high demand for cloud computing technology, the demand for Salesforce professionals, especially, Salesforce Developers has increased worldwide. Some of the amazing perks in a Salesforce Developer job role are:
- Solving futuristic problems by working with the greatest minds of big MNCs
- Widespread job opportunities and scope of growth
- Collaboration with leading world leaders of various industries
- Sharing of knowledge and resources with other technicians
- Good salary package and various other incentives
- Learning new technologies and handling challenging situations
These perks are definitely worth everything to become a good Salesforce Developer.
Job Opportunities of Salesforce Developers
Due to the continuous popularity of Salesforce as the website itself claims that it’s the No. 1 CRM provider, worldwide, for the past 6 consecutive years, Salesforce has grown as an in-demand skill. Therefore, there has been a steep increase in the number of job openings in every small or large enterprise in the world.
- According to a recent study by the International Data Corporation (IDC), there has been a huge increase in jobs that require Salesforce skills, and the Salesforce ecosystem is predicted to have 3.3 million new jobs and over $850 billion in revenues worldwide by 2022.
- By 2022, Salesforce’s economy is expected to create 3.3 million new jobs, 1.4 million more than the 1.9 million new jobs expected in 2021.
- One of the main reasons for the continued growth of Salesforce-related jobs is the widespread adoption of Salesforce on mobile devices. As more and more companies switch to the mobile version of Salesforce, large application companies need to start hiring application developers with Salesforce skills.
- The companies will also need to take on several other roles in the mobile application development company to give them a certain level of Salesforce experience.
Salesforce Developers Salary
Salesforce Developers are among the highest-paid professionals across the entire Salesforce domain. There’s nothing to be astonished of if it is said that the Salesforce Developer Certification is the most popular certification in the world.
- The salaries of Salesforce developers have changed drastically as the demand is increasing on a day-to-day basis. The average base salary of a Salesforce developer is $116,472 and $1,250 as a cash bonus every year.
- There are various other benefits too provided by various companies like visa sponsorship and incentives like health insurance, accidental insurance, etc.
This proves that the job market for Salesforce programmers and developers is stable, which is good news.
Salesforce Developers Salary in India
India has also seen a rise in Salesforce jobs, especially in Salesforce Developers. Here are some of the big names and salaries they are providing to young Salesforce Devs.
- Aricent Group- ₹7,50,000 per year
- BlueScope Steel- ₹6,24,000 per year
- Cisco System Inc- ₹ 5,20,200per year
- Yamaha Corporation- ₹ 4,60,000per year
The top respondents for the job title Salesforce Developer are from the companies Cognizant, Accenture, and Deloitte. Reported salaries are highest at Infosys Limited where the average pay is ₹725,417.
Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Deloitte and Accenture Technology Solutions, earning around ₹655,000 and ₹610,419, respectively.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited pays the lowest at around ₹425,000. Capgemini and Accenture also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying ₹455,904 and ₹475,000, respectively. Source- PayScale.
This blog helps you to find out the Roles and Responsibilities of Salesforce developers and how important they are in an organization.
Salesforce developers deal with many futuristic problems of the organization, they work on various software and manage the backend database of the CRMs.
Salesforce Developer may need to have some business knowledge that relates to the Salesforce project they are working on. This is typically needed when a Salesforce Developer is a necessary hire for a business, but the Salesforce budget does not allow additional hires such as a technical consultant.
With some business knowledge, a Salesforce Developer may be able to take on both roles.
Have any more queries regarding Salesforce Developer Jobs, Join our Salesforce Community page and get your queries answered.