In this blog, we will be covering the following topics:
How to become a Salesforce Developer?
To become a successful Salesforce professional, you need to specialize in the following areas:
- Lightning framework
- Data management, security, and modeling
- Apex object-oriented programming language
- Salesforce app customization
- Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL)
- Salesforce Developer Console
- Visualforce basics
- Search solutions basics
Watch Intellipaat’s Salesforce Training for Beginners video:
Salesforce Developer Skills
Salesforce Developer job descriptions these days are looking out for skills that are found in the same arenas where programmers and administrators have proved their expertise in. In the first place, certain Salesforce Developer soft skills are required for applicants to enter the Salesforce career. If you wish to join the race, you need to prove yourself proficient in the following soft skills:
- Analytical mindset
- Project management
Here are some of the technical skills these professionals should have knowledge and experience in:
- Web services
- End-to-end Salesforce concepts
Salesforce Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Now that you have an idea about the skills required by Salesforce aspirants, check out the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer.
- Working on both mobile or website applications
- Developing products on the Force.com platform using Visualforce and Apex
- Integrating multiple systems with Salesforce
- Customizing the Salesforce environment
- Taking part in development, deployment, testing, training, and documentation
- Meeting Project Managers to determine the CRM needs
- Testing and implementing applications
- Creating customer workflows
- Maintaining user roles and security
- Providing technical plans to the business team
- Conducting workshops
Read our list of top Salesforce Interview Questions that will help you to crack your next job interview.
Salesforce Developer Job Description
Here are some of the important job descriptions and day-to-day activities of a Salesforce professional:
- The daily activities done by these professionals are mainly technical, but the job goes beyond programming.
- They have to deal with clients to determine the business, functional, and technical requirements and to take part in the application design, configuration, testing, and deployment.
- They should identify effective Salesforce tools, catering to various business needs, and then they should communicate it with their colleagues in sales, customer support, and marketing.
- These professionals are also responsible for testing, QA, and debugging customer documentation.
- The host-related problems are solved by effective and scalable solutions provided by them in collaboration with technical experts.
Salesforce Developer certification study guide will help you prepare for the exam to become a Salesforce certified developer.
Salesforce Developer Certification
Why is getting certified as a Salesforce Developer so important? Certification shows your expertise in your field, here Salesforce. Especially, when you don’t have working experience, getting certified can be a real asset to get hired. Some of the popular Salesforce certifications are listed below. These are vital for job prospects as hiring managers tend to look out for certified Salesforce professionals.
- Salesforce Administrator certifications:
- Advanced Administrator
- Platform App Builder
- CPQ Specialist
- Salesforce Developer certifications:
- Platform Developer 1 and 2
- B2B Commerce Developer
- Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Architect certifications:
- Systems Architect
- Technical Architect
- Application Architect
- Salesforce Marketing certifications:
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Pardot Specialist and Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Salesforce Consultant certifications:
- Community Cloud Consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
Career Objective of Salesforce Developers
Having a career objective is very important for any Salesforce professional to seek a job in leading MNCs. Your career objective should be added as the first point in your resume. For instance, you can use the below text as your career objective:
‘To work with zeal, continuously upgrade skills, and achieve company goals’
Salesforce Developer Salary
As per Indeed, the average annual salary of a Salesforce Developer ranges between ₹504,702 and ₹785,269. Companies that pay high for these professionals are Cognizant, Deloitte, Capgemini, and Accenture.
The ‘Salesforce Developer’ job role is a very good choice for freshers who have developed a fresh interest in the field. When you think about the future of Salesforce Developers, remember that there are numerous sub-fields and jobs that await you. A Salesforce Developer career is one that has a vast scope and is showing nothing but growth since inception. With a good Salesforce Developer resume, you can even involve in freelancing and can enter into consulting roles as well. There is a high demand for such professionals in India, USA, UK, and Canada.
If you are looking for a comprehensive Salesforce Training, then Intellipaat is there to make your dream come true!