The Salesforce Admin industry is predicted to raise US$5 billion by 2020 from a sum of about US$180 million. Hence, a lot of major organizations are looking for certified Salesforce Admin professionals. This Salesforce Administrator Interview Questions blog consists of the top questions that are generally asked during Salesforce Admin job interviews. Following are the questions that will give you an edge in your job interviews:
Q1. What do you know about Salesforce?
Q2. Explain Salesforce Admin characteristics.
Q3. Expand CRM and explain.
Q4. Distinguish between Salesforce.com and Force.com.
Q5. What are the available portals in Salesforce?
Q6. Why do we use Tabs in Salesforce? Mention the types of Tabs.
Q7. What is Profile? Mention the types of Profiles available in Salesforce.
Q8. What is the difference between profile and role?
Q9. How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
Q10. Mention the ways to store files, documents, and images on Salesforce.com.
Q11.Give one-word answers to the following questions:
Q12. How to set the Login Hours and Login IP ranges for the users in Salesforce?
Following are the three parts into which this Salesforce Admin Interview Questions blog is categorized:
Check out this YouTube video on Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers:
Basic Salesforce Admin Interview Questions for Freshers
1. What do you know about Salesforce?
Salesforce has become a leader in CRM development. It is a single, integrated customer relationship management (CRM) platform that connects businesses with their customers. Salesforce provides a standard shared picture of every customer to all the departments, including marketing, sales, commerce, and service, and also allows users to store the data on a secure Cloud. Not only does the platform include a number of services and tools for relationship management, but it also assists in app development. As a result, Salesforce allows you to operate your business from anywhere.
2. Explain Salesforce Admin characteristics.
Salesforce Administrators manage and maintain the Salesforce platform, making them an integral part of an organization’s technology team.
Successful Salesforce Administrators possess technical proficiency, analytical skills, effective communication, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous learning.
They use data to make informed decisions that optimize the platform’s performance and drive business success.
Salesforce Administrators troubleshoot and solve problems related to the platform and ensure that the data is accurate and up-to-date, as it forms the basis for critical business decisions. They collaborate effectively with different teams and explain technical concepts in simple terms.
3. Expand CRM and explain.
The expansion of CRM is ‘Customer Relationship Management.’
CRM is an application that helps automate systems or digitize marketing functions. With this software, companies can plan to increase their profits and revenues. This strategy of incrementing revenue and profit is made by attracting customers, clients, and sales. The important concept of CRM is customer value.
There are four CRM initiatives as below:
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Customer churn
- Customer win-back
4. Distinguish between Salesforce.com and Force.com.
Both are relatively the same but different in their functionality.
- Salesforce.com helps build CRM-functionality-based applications, e.g., an iPhone ‘app’ that stores contact details, makes phone calls, and has all the other standard functions of a phone.
- Force.com is used to customize a data model and a user interface, e.g., an iPhone OS environment that can build and run apps.
Check out this insightful Salesforce Tutorial to learn more about Salesforce!
5. What are the available portals in Salesforce?
Three types of portals are available on Salesforce.com:
- Customer portal: It enables us to utilize the capabilities of the web as the ideal channel to deliver superior self-service.
- Partner portal: It allows partner users to log in to Salesforce via a separate website than that is used for our non-partner users.
- Self-service portal: Customers will be able to search for details about the organization using this portal.
From Intellipaat’s Salesforce Course in London, get a clear understanding of Salesforce!
6. Why do we use Tabs in Salesforce? Mention the types of Tabs.
In Salesforce.com, a list of tabs is placed in the Tab menu. Tabs are used to access an object’s data.
There are three types of tabs:
- Custom tab
- Visualforce tab
- Web tab
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Intermediate Salesforce Admin Interview Questions
7. What is Profile? Mention the types of Profiles available in Salesforce.
A profile is similar to settings and permissions in Salesforce. It is used to perform different functions that are defined by users. It is another way to manage particular records.
There are two types of profiles:
- Standard profiles: Profiles created by Force.com
- Custom profiles: Profiles created by users
Salesforce standard profiles are:
- Standard User
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
- System Administrator
Preparing for a Salesforce Interview! Check out our Salesforce Interview Questions.
8. What is the difference between Profile and Role?
The difference between Salesforce Profiles and Salesforce Roles are –
Profiles: Object and field-level access may be created using profiles, such as general permissions, tab level permissions, read & write permissions, and so on.
Role: We may offer record-level access using roles, such as organization-wide defaults, Role hierarchy, sharing rules, and manual sharing. Simply put, record-level access is influenced by responsibilities.
9. How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
Deleting a user is not possible in Salesforce.com, but we can deactivate the user by using the Freeze option.
To freeze a user, go to:
Setup > Manage Users > Users
Find and click on the user and then click on Freeze
Check out our blog on Salesforce Administrator Roles and Responsibilities!
10. Mention the ways to store files, documents, and images in Salesforce.com.
We can store files, documents, and images in Salesforce.com as below:
- Google Drive
- Chatter Files
11. What are the default index fields?
Salesforce’s default indexed fields are:
- Primary Keys: Name, ID, and owner fields)
- Foreign Keys: lookup and master-detail relationship fields
- Audit Dates: LastModifiesDate
- Custom Fields (only marked as External ID or unique)
12. Give one-word answers to the following questions:
a. On the Visualforce page, how many field dependencies are used?
b. Can two users have the same profile in Salesforce?
c. Which field cannot be added as a custom index?
d. Can we edit a formula field value in a record?
e. Can we use sharing rules to restrict data access?
a.10 field dependencies
Now, you are aware of the benefits of Salesforce. For more, enroll in the Salesforce Course now!
13.What is Field Dependency?
In Salesforce, Field Dependencies are filters that will let the users modify their content and control the value of one field dependent on the value of another. There are two other fields in Field dependency which are.
- Controlling Field.
- Dependent field.
14. How to set the Login Hours and Login IP ranges for the users in Salesforce?
Login Hours: If Login Hours is set in an organization, then it restricts the login before or after login hours.
Setup | Administration | Manage users | Profiles
Login IP: It helps restrict the login attempt from unauthorized IP addresses.
Setup | Administration setup | Manage users | Profiles
15. Mention various types of sharing rules in Salesforce?
There are a few sharing rules in Salesforce available which are as follows:
- Account sharing Rule.
- Case Sharing Rule.
- Contact Sharing Rule.
- Custom Object sharing Rule.
- Lead Sharing Rule.
- Opportunity sharing Rule.
Want to learn about Salesforce Architecture? Check out our tutorial on the Architecture of Salesforce.
16. List the characteristics and functions of a Roll-up Summary field.
Characteristics of a roll-up summary field:
- It can be created for a Master-Detail relationship but not for a Lookup relationship.
- Auto numbers are not available here.
- We cannot change the field type in a roll-up summary field.
- It derives data from the Child object.
Functions of the roll-up summary field:
17. What are the different kinds of Reports in Salesforce?
Different kinds of reports in Salesforce are:
- Tabular Report: It is similar to a spreadsheet and is the simplest and fastest way to see data. Tabular reports are the best to create lists of records.
- Summary Report: It is similar to a tabular report but allows users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts.
- Matrix Report: It is similar to a summary report, but it allows users to group and summarize data by both rows and columns.
- Joined Report: Joined reports let us create multiple report blocks that provide different views of our data and each block acts as a subreport.
18. Mention the ways to share a record?
In Salesforce, there are 5 ways we can share records
- Role Hierarchy.
- Organization Wide Defaults.
- Manual Sharing.
- Criteria Based Sharing Rules.
- Apex Sharing
19. Do you know about Bucket fields in Salesforce reports?
Without the need for any sophisticated algorithms or custom fields, a bucket field allows you to combine related data together by ranges and segments. Bucketing is a method of grouping, filtering, and arranging report data. You must define numerous categories (buckets) that are used to group report values when creating a bucket field.
Watch the below Salesforce Admin tutorial to learn more:
20. Define Dynamic Dashboards. Can we schedule Dynamic Dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards help us display the set of metrics in an organization. They are created to provide security settings for dashboards at Salesforce.com.
Two setting options are there in dynamic dashboards:
- Run as a specified user
- Run as the logged-in user
Learn more about Salesforce from this Salesforce Training in New York to get ahead in your career!
21. What is Workflow in Salesforce?
Workflow in Salesforce is business logic that helps you to automate your organization’s normal processes and procedures, saving you a significant amount of time. Workflow allows records to carry out tasks like changing data or notifying individuals or external systems. We can automate tasks like assigning tasks, sending emails, updating fields, and sending outbound messages.
22. Name the different Workflow components in Salesforce.com.
There are five workflow components in Salesforce.com:
- Workflow Rules
- Workflow Tasks
- Workflow Email Alerts
- Workflow Field Updates
- Workflow Outbound Messages
Interested in learning Salesforce? Learn more from our Salesforce Training in Sydney!
23. What are the various types of relationships available in Salesforce?
These are the various relationship types in Salesforce that users can create. Which are:
- Indirect lookup
- External lookup
- Many-to-many (junction object)
- Master-detail relationship
24. What are the limitations of a Time-dependent Workflow?
Limitations of a time-dependent workflow are as follows:
- Time triggers do not support minutes or seconds.
- Time triggers cannot reference when formula fields that include related-object merge fields.
- We cannot add or remove a time trigger if:
- The workflow rule is active
- The workflow rule is included in the package
Visit Salesforce Community and get all your queries resolved!
25. Mention some CRM providers
The popular CRM providers are:
- Oracle CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Salesforce CRM
- SAP CRM
- NetSuite CRM
- Sage CRM
26. Who can access the drag and drop dashboard?
The one who has in managed dashboards can access the drag and drop dashboard
27. How many ways are there to call an Apex class?
There are four ways to call an Apex class:
Become a master of Salesforce by going through this online Salesforce Course in Toronto!
Advanced Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced Professionals
28. What is the Formula field?
A Formula field is a read-only field that is coupled with a formula or expression from which its value is calculated. With the corresponding modification in the formula or expression, the value of this type of field is immediately changed. This field can be created using both standard and custom objects.
29. How to insert multiple records at a time?
public class insert50
public void p1()
List lstExample = new List();
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example1’,city_c=’City1’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example2’,city_c=’City2’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example3’,city_c=’City3’);
30. What is Data Loader?
Salesforce Data Loader is a client application that allows you to import or export data in bulk. One can insert, update, remove, or export Salesforce records with this tool. Data Loader reads, extracts, and loads data from comma-separated values (CSV) files or a database connection for importing data. It creates CSV files for exporting data.
31. When do we use Data Loader?
We use Data Loader when:
- We need to load more than 50,000 to less than 5,000,000 records
- We need to load into an object that is not yet supported by web-based importing
- We want to be able to save multiple mapping files for future use
- We want to export our data for backup purposes
- We want to prevent duplicates by uploading the records
Get certified by the top Salesforce Course in Singapore now!
32. What are the Data management tools in Salesforce?
There are two data management tools available in Salesforce which are:
- Data Import Wizard
- Data Loader
33. Define SaaS.
In Software as a Service (SaaS), the cloud service provides software that we need to develop an application, saving us from purchasing it. SaaS supports web services and service-oriented architecture.
Top SaaS providers are:
Learn complete concepts of Salesforce from this Salesforce Training at Hyderabad in just 24 hours!
34. Define PaaS.
In Platform as a Service (PaaS), the cloud service provides an operating system (OS), hardware, storage, and network services through the cloud, but we have to pay to the service providers based on our subscription, like the rental services.
Top PaaS providers are:
35. Define IaaS.
In Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), the cloud service provides the infrastructure, such as servers, hosting service, and storage.
Top IaaS providers are:
- CA Technologies
Are you interested in learning Salesforce from experts? Enroll in our Salesforce Course in Bangalore today!
36. What are the different Salesforce editions?
- Essentials: The Salesforce Essentials edition is specially designed for small-scale businesses. It consists of an easy-to-use UI. There are various tools in the edition that help customize it according to business needs.
- Professional: This edition is built for businesses that require the most CRM functionality. It has features such as easy customization and integration with other technologies. Also, it consists of administration tools that help in the deployment of a small-scale application.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise edition is built for large-scale businesses. It provides advanced customization tools. The administration tools of the Enterprise edition helps large-scale deployment. The edition allows access to the features of the Salesforce API.
- Unlimited: This edition consists of extremely advanced features that help maximize usage. The Unlimited edition of Salesforce allows for the efficient management of business resources that can be provided instantly on-demand. Also, it provides premier support, high storage limit, an increased number of custom apps, and many more features.
- Developer: The Developer edition gives access to APIs and the Salesforce Lightning Platform. It provides tools that allow developers to customize the Salesforce platform and integrate with other technologies and applications. Also, the edition consists of those features that are present in the Enterprise edition.
Want to know How much a Salesforce Developer makes! Check out our blog Salesforce Developer Salary.
37. What are login hours and login IP ranges in Salesforce?
Salesforce Applications provide features such as login hours and login IP ranges.
Login hours: In an organization, the schedule for login and logout is set to define the time limit and working hours. It flags the user who does not follow the schedule. To set the login hours for an organization in a Salesforce platform, go to:
Setup > Administration > Manage Users > Profiles
Login IP ranges: If a user tries to login via an unknown IP, then the organization is alerted, and it can restrict the user to do so. Organizations use IP ranges to maintain secure access so that they can prevent any kind of loss. For setting up the login IP ranges, go to:
Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles
38. What is meant by TAB in Salesforce?
Salesforce tabs allow users to see information at a glance. In the program, it shows the data of objects and other web material.
Types of TAB in salesforce are:
- Standard object tabs
- Custom object tabs
- Web tabs
- Visualforce tabs
39. What is field-level security and how can it be controlled?
Field-level security helps control the accessibility of a user to a particular data field. Suppose, if an organization is providing a user with the access to see, edit, manipulate, or delete a data object specific to the user’s field of work, it can hide other data objects from the user.
To control the field-level security, we use to profile and permission sets. The attributes of profile and permission sets are mentioned below:
- Page layouts
- IP ranges
- Login hours
- Client access
- App permissions
- Record types
- Tab settings
- Assigned apps
- Object permissions
- Field-level security
- Apex classes
- Visualforce pages
Also, Check out our blog to learn about Salesforce Automation System!
40. What is a custom metadata type?
The custom metadata type stores information about an organization. It is a type of custom object that can be customized, deployed, packaged, and upgraded. It helps use data for configuring the application without fretting about data migration. Rather than transferring the custom metadata type manually, it can be deployed using a Sandbox.
41. What is the difference between managed and unmanaged packages?
||The code or metadata cannot be changed
||If required, the code and metadata can be customized
||The solution is upgraded by the provider
||For upgrading, we should replace the previous version with the new version
||There is no limit for the usage of app, tabs, and objects
||The packages set limits for the usage of apps, tabs, and objects
42. How can we clear the time-based workflow action queue?
There are two ways to clear a time-based workflow action queue:
- First, you can make false criteria.
- Or you can clear by removing actions that are rescheduled from the queue.
Check out our blog to learn about map class in salesforce!
43. What is OWD and Do you know how many accesses are available in OWD?
The default level of access to data records for all users in an organization is defined by the Organization’s defaults. Defaults are used to limit data access across the organization (Records). For both Standard and Custom Objects, Organization-Wide Defaults (OWD) can be set.
In Organization-Wide Default, around 13 various accesses are available. They are as follows:
- Public Read Only.
- Public Read/Write.
- Public Read/Write/Transfer.
- Public Full Access.
- View Only.
- Hide Details.
- Hide Details and Events.
- Show Details.
- Show Details and events.
- Controlled by parent
- No Access.
44. What is meant by an App in Salesforce? And what are the types of Apps?
In Salesforce.org, an app serves as a container. There are tabs, a logo, and a name on them. It’s a collection of tabs that provide the Salesforce developer with the features he or she is seeking for. If you need to develop an app in Salesforce, simply follow the steps below:
Setup ->Build ->Create->App-> Click on new
Salesforce has two types of Apps which are:
46. What is a Trigger, exactly? What are the different kinds of Triggers?
Triggers are the custom actions done in Salesforce before and after changes are made to a record. Insertions, updates, and deletions are examples of these activities. Triggers may be used to call Apex, and a trigger is just Apex code that runs before and after the next set of activities.
In salesforce, there are two types of triggers available which are:
- Before trigger, used to update or validate records before saving into database
- After trigger, used to access field values that are set by the system.