Customer relationship management or CRM is a tool that helps businesses manage their relationships with their customers. It allows companies to pay attention to their customers and associates. This can include buyers, suppliers, service providers, users, and anybody else with whom the company conducts business.
The following are the topics that are covered in this tutorial:
Check out this YouTube video on Salesforce CRM Tutorial:
Wish to crack Salesforce job interviews? Intellipaat’s Top Salesforce Interview Questions are meant only for you!
What does Salesforce CRM Do?
CRM helps companies in various ways; some of them are mentioned below:
- CRM helps to keep all customer-related data in one, easily accessible place. This enables everyone in the company to access the information whenever needed.
- It helps in keeping track of all the interactions that the company has with customers via phone calls, emails, SMS, chats, and tickets.
- It helps to keep a track of the history of a customer’s relationship with the company, its length, purchasing history, etc.
- CRM helps to standardize the sales process, helping your sales team close deals quicker. CRM also provides the sales team with a proper guide to close deals.
- It helps to clarify why a deal must be stalling and/or how to address the problems of a specific customer.
- CRM predicts sales pretty accurately, enabling you to make accurate forecasts.
- It helps to speed up the process of training new sales representatives.
- CRM gives detailed data about customer behavior and their interests. This keeps you focused on the customers.
- CRM helps you predict customer needs so that you are prepared before they come to you.
Salesforce CRM with Cloud
CRM can be hosted on the CRM provider’s own servers that can be accessed remotely from anywhere. Ex. Salesforce CRM. This helps reduce a lot of infrastructure costs including the installation and maintenance charges of the hardware and software. Cloud-based CRM or Cloud CRM is also known as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) CRM, Web CRM, and Online CRM.
Learn more about Salesforce from this insightful Salesforce blog on How will Salesforce boost your career in 2022?
What is Salesforce CRM?
Salesforce CRM is owned by salesforce.com, which is a cloud computing company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Salesforce CRM is a cloud-based CRM that does not require IT experts to set up or manage it. One can simply log in and connect to the customers directly.
Learn how to install AppExchange applications.
Major reasons why Salesforce is ideal for companies are as follows:
- Adaptable: Since Salesforce is a cloud-based CRM, there is no requirement of downloading or installing any software. People can simply log in to their Salesforce accounts and enjoy the services according to their subscription plans.
- Cost reduction: One of the major reasons why companies are shifting to Salesforce CRM is that with traditional CRM, they have to invest in infrastructure, developers or coders, and hardware. With Salesforce CRM, they just need to have a Salesforce account with a proper subscription in order to work with the world’s 1 CRM company.
- Customizable products: Salesforce CRM provides an AppExchange system that grants access to numerous applications. It provides users the ability to customize their applications according to their requirements.
- Easily accessible: Salesforce CRM is easily accessible as it is available over the cloud; this is a major reason why Salesforce is gaining so much popularity. With Salesforce, a company’s customers can access information in real-time and make orders from anywhere at any time. The managers can also track the activities they wish to do on a single dashboard.
Want to know more about Salesforce? Read this extensive Salesforce Tutorial and enhance your knowledge!
How does Salesforce CRM Works?
By now, you are equipped enough to answer the question, what is Salesforce CRM. Salesforce CRM is built on the force.com platform and is considered as the no. 1 CRM tool in the current market. Salesforce CRM has the ability to manage customer interactions of an organization through several methods such as phone calls, email inquiries, communities, media, and social media. Salesforce is said to handle all customer relationships by focusing on sales, support, and marketing processes. All of this is done by working with standard objects, such as account, contact, lead, product, opportunity, etc., and advancing relationships between them.
Salesforce CRM is hosted on the cloud, which makes it very easy to use and readily accessible from anywhere. Salesforce CRM has an easy-to-understand infrastructure that helps developers. Applications can be built in just a few days or weeks in Salesforce CRM. Since there is no need to set up hardware or software, it is very cost-efficient as well.
Check out our blog on Salesforce Marketing Cloud!
Who should use Salesforce CRM?
Salesforce CRM can literally be used by anyone. This is because Salesforce provides various editions—professional, developer, essentials, unlimited, and enterprise. All of these are made available so as to suit customer needs. A customer or organization can select any edition according to the requirements. Each of these editions has a different price range as well. Since Salesforce covers all areas of customer relationships, any company can subscribe to Salesforce CRM, without having to pay for the development and infrastructure of the application.
What makes Salesforce CRM a Leading CRM Platform?
Salesforce CRM has been the no. 1 CRM platform for five years in a row. The reason for so many companies to choose Salesforce CRM is not its marketing strategy; rather, Salesforce has actually proved itself to be the best CRM platform.
Want to grab a Salesforce Admin job? Prepare yourself with these Top Salesforce Admin Interview Questions!
Major Reasons Why Salesforce is the Best CRM Platform
- Strength: Salesforce has been adopted by numerous companies. This is primarily because it has reduced the time period of building a salesforce application to a few weeks, as compared to other systems that take months to develop.
- Reduced expenditure: Many companies have found that the cost of building an application has been reduced because there is no need to set up an infrastructure with Salesforce. Additionally, the productivity and efficiency of the employees have also increased. Salesforce is especially excelling in the sales domain.
- Adaptability: There is no need for installations on computers because all the information is on the cloud. This saves the cost of purchasing hardware.
- Customizability: Salesforce is very well acquainted with the needs and preferences of the customers, along with their purchasing habits, which influences how to make sales campaigns more personalized and effective.
Are you interested in learning Salesforce from experts? Enroll in our Salesforce Course in Bangalore now!
Companies using Salesforce CRM
Salesforce CRM is widely used in a lot of different industries. 99 out of the 100 companies listed in the Fortune 100 companies of 2018, use Salesforce CRM.
Some of the companies that use Salesforce CRM are listed below:
||BNP Paribas Limited
|Societe Generale SA
|Computers and Electronics
||Cisco Systems, Inc.
|General American Corporation
|Swiss Re Corporation
|Thomson Reuters Corporation
|P&H Mining Equipment
As we have come to the end of this Salesforce CRM tutorial, hopefully, you have an in-depth understanding of Salesforce CRM. The next section in the tutorial is on the robust architecture of Salesforce.
Visit our Salesforce Community to get answers to all your queries!