In this blog, we will be covering the following topics:
Watch Intellipaat’s Salesforce Training to learn more about salesforce concepts.
What does a Salesforce Developer do?
Salesforce Developers manage and customize the Salesforce instance of a company by using three important technologies:
- Lightning Component Framework
Salesforce Developers use these tools to come up with custom apps and processes. Even though this is a technical job, it goes beyond programming. They have to collaborate with support, sales, and marketing to make sure the needs are met. They are also responsible for QA, debugging, testing, and user documentation.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
How to become a Salesforce Developer?
To become a successful Salesforce professional, you need to specialize in the following areas:
- Lightning framework
- Data management, security, and modeling
- Apex object-oriented programming language
- Salesforce app customization
- Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL)
- Salesforce Developer Console
- Visualforce basics
- Search solutions basics
Check out our Salesforce Tutorial to know more!
Salesforce Developer Certification Exam Guide
Why is getting certified as a Salesforce Developer so important? Certification shows your expertise in your field, here in Salesforce. Especially, when you don’t have working experience, getting certified can be a real asset to get hired. Some of the popular Salesforce certifications are listed below. These are vital for job prospects as hiring managers tend to look out for certified Salesforce professionals.
Salesforce Administrator certifications:
Salesforce Developer certifications:
- Platform Developer 1 and 2
- B2B Commerce Developer
- Platform App Builder
Salesforce Architect certifications:
- Systems Architect
- Technical Architect
- Application Architect
Salesforce Marketing certifications:
Salesforce Consultant certifications:
- Community Cloud Consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Non-profit Cloud Consultant
If you are looking for comprehensive Salesforce Training, then Intellipaat is there to make your dream come true!
Salesforce Developer Skills
Salesforce Developer job descriptions these days are looking out for skills that are found in the same arenas where programmers and administrators have proved their expertise in. In the first place, certain Salesforce Developer soft skills are required for applicants to enter the Salesforce career. If you wish to join the race, you need to prove yourself proficient in the following soft skills:
- Problem-solving: A developer has to oversee all the stages of software development, and hence, they should be well-equipped with problem-solving skills.
- Communication: You have to be able to make your customers and your team understand what you want to communicate.
- Analytical mindset: You need to consistently analyze and understand the client’s brief and design the software according to their needs.
- Solutions-focused: Your main objective has to be to find the solution to all the client’s and your team’s problems.
- Project management: You have to manage projects and make sure it is delivered in time. This also includes quality checks and client feedback.
Preparing for a Salesforce Interview! Check out our Salesforce Admin Interview Questions.
Here are some of the technical skills these professionals should have knowledge and experience in:
- Web services: A Salesforce Developer needs to know how to create web services using tools like Apex.
- End-to-end Salesforce concepts: A Salesforce Developer needs to be thorough with all the concepts in Salesforce.
- SOQL/SQL: They need to have a good hold on Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- JQuery: A working knowledge of jQuery is important to make their way more easily in tools like visual force and the Salesforce Lightning component.
Read our list of top Salesforce Interview Questions that will help you to crack your next job interview.
Salesforce Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Now that you have an idea about the skills required by Salesforce aspirants, check out the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer.
Roles of a Salesforce Developer
- Working on both mobile and website applications
- Developing products on the Force.com platform using Visualforce and Apex
- Integrating multiple systems with Salesforce
- Customizing the Salesforce environment
- Taking part in development, deployment, testing, training, and documentation
Responsibilities of Developer in Salesforce
- Meeting Project Managers to determine the CRM needs
- Testing and implementing applications
- Creating customer workflows
- Maintaining user roles and security
- Providing technical plans to the business team
- Conducting workshops
Salesforce Developer certification study guide will help you prepare for the exam to become a Salesforce certified developer.
Salesforce Developer Job Description
Here are some of the important job descriptions and day-to-day activities of a Salesforce professional:
- The daily activities done by these professionals are mainly technical, but the job goes beyond programming.
- They have to deal with clients to determine the business, functional, and technical requirements and to take part in the application design, configuration, testing, and deployment.
- They should identify effective Salesforce tools, catering to various business needs, and then they should communicate it with their colleagues in sales, customer support, and marketing.
- These professionals are also responsible for testing, QA, and debugging customer documentation.
- The host-related problems are solved by effective and scalable solutions provided by them in collaboration with technical experts.
Check out this Salesforce Cheat Sheet to learn the basic concepts of Salesforce and prepare for the job interview.
Is Salesforce Developer a good career path?
More and more small businesses are adopting Salesforce. As the demand increases, more jobs are created. There were about 1.9 million new jobs created in Salesforce in 2020, and the demand is on the increase. The demand for Salesforce Developers is growing and that makes a career in the field very promising.
What’s your future with Salesforce Developer?
Salesforce is growing and so is the demand for Salesforce Developers. It isn’t going away anytime soon. There are a lot of promising trends which tell us that Salesforce is definitely going to make it to more SMB markets in the near future.
Preparing for a Job Interview! Check out our Top Salesforce Lightning Interview Questions curated by Industry experts.
Salesforce Developer Salary Guide
The average Salesforce Developers’ salary in the US is about US$120,000 a year. While in India this varies from ₹810,000 to ₹100,000 a year.
|City||Average Salary||City||Average Salary|
|Mumbai, MH||₹11,77,717||Seattle, WA||$89,200|
|Noida, UP||₹9,73,737||Los Angeles, CA||$91,933|
|Pune, MH||₹8,31,787||Austin, TX||$81,100|
|Hyderabad, TS||₹10,00,279||New York, NY||$104,850|
|Chennai, TN||₹11,02,802||Boston, MA||$100,900|
|Jaipur, RJ||₹8,44,012||Chicago, IL||$100,833|
Career Objective of Salesforce Developers
Having a career objective is very important for any Salesforce professional to seek a job in leading MNCs. Your career objective should be added as the first point in your resume. For instance, you can use the below text as your career objective:
‘To work with zeal, continuously upgrade skills, and achieve company goals
Want to learn about Salesforce in depth? Enroll in this Salesforce Training in Bangalore provided by Intellipaat!
The ‘Salesforce Developer’ job role is a very good choice for freshers who have developed a fresh interest in the field. When you think about the future of Salesforce Developers, remember that there are numerous sub-fields and jobs that await you. An SDE career is one that has a vast scope and is showing nothing but growth since its inception. With a good Salesforce Developer resume, you can even be involved in freelancing and can enter into consulting roles as well. There is a high demand for such professionals in India, the USA, the UK, and Canada.
Still in a doubt? Put your query on Intellipaat’s community page.