With the rise in the popularity of Blockchain Technology, we can witness a surge in the demand for its professionals. All the big organizations and MNCs are looking for hiring developers that are proficient in blockchain programming.
Blockchain applications and their advantages have piqued the interest of several developers, leaving them wanting to learn more about the particular field.
Read along as we discuss the top Blockchain Programming languages required to become a Blockchain expert in 2023.
Do you aspire to become a Blockchain Developer? Watch this video to learn several basic as well as advanced concepts of Blockchain in detail.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty specifics, it is vital to first understand what Blockchain Technology really is.
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain in its most literal and basic sense is a chain or string of blocks linked together. It is a distributed, P2P (peer-to-peer) network.
One of the most important characteristics of Blockchain that distinguishes it from other database systems is its decentralized nature. This implies that the control or authority is not in the hands of a sole owner or a single organization, but is distributed to all the nodes participating in the network.
Blockchain transactions support transparency. A copy of every transaction is accessible to all the users on the network and they can easily track if any alterations are being performed. Due to this feature, it is nearly impossible for someone to tamper with the data or the information present in the blocks, thereby mitigating the risk of fraud. This makes Blockchain highly reliable and secure.
Now that we are familiar with the term, “Blockchain”, let’s have a quick glance at some of its characteristics.
Do you want to become a professional Blockchain Developer?? Enroll in this PG Program in Blockchain to learn from the experts.
Why is Blockchain so popular?
Blockchain is extremely popular in the IT industry today and it owes its success to some of its unique and amazing characteristics. Here are some of the features of Blockchain Technology that differentiate it from other database systems:
- Blockchain is immutable, i.e., it is permanent and the data on it cannot be altered.
- It follows the peer-to-peer network architecture.
- It supports the transparency of transactions while maintaining the privacy of data.
- Blockchain is decentralized.
- It is more secure.
- In order to make fair and quick decisions, Blockchain follows a consensus mechanism.
We have now understood what Blockchain means and why it is so popular. It is finally time that we get around the main topic of the blog: Blockchain Programming Languages.
Do you wish to learn Blockchain in detail?? Here is a complete Blockchain tutorial of all the concepts that you will require to master while beginning your journey in Blockchain.
Top Blockchain Programming Languages in 2023
As the demand for professionals in Blockchain programming keeps increasing, the competition between developers increases proportionally. To become a good Blockchain developer it is necessary to have knowledge of Blockchain Programming Languages.
While building a Blockchain, there are mainly two different categories of languages required by developers.
- Front-end and Back-end languages
- Contract languages
Front-end and Back-end languages
In today’s world, Python is considered to be one of the top programming languages. It is also without a doubt among the best ones when it comes to Blockchain programming. Here are some important characteristics of Python:
- Python is a high-level Blockchain programming language.
- It is extremely easy to learn as well as use.
- Python is open-source and object-oriented.
- It can perform complex mathematical operations.
- It is also one of the most preferred programming languages for smart contracts.
- Python can be easily integrated with Java, C, C++, and other programming languages.
- It has a great ecosystem built around blockchain technology so it is most probably the easiest programming language to get started with.
- It can be used for both the back end and front end of application development.
- The main feature of Blockchain that makes it such a good programming language for Blockchain development is its ability to handle asynchronous actions.
- Compared to any other programming language, most Blockchain projects are built using C++.
- Moreover, the first currency of Blockchain technology, i.e., Bitcoin, was originally written in C++ language.
- When we talk about Blockchain programming, EOS or Electro-Optical System utilizes C++ most frequently, due to its flexible features.
- It supports compile time polymorphism and exhibits efficient CPU management.
- It is a high-speed, multiplatform programming language that is ideal for Blockchain programming.
Other than these, Blockchain programming languages for front-end and back-end development are Rust and Golang. These are considered to be advanced language options.
These are the languages that are used to build decentralized contracts or smart contracts. It usually depends on which chain you want to deploy and then consequently which language you’ll use.
Most of the popular chains today are EVM (or Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible. Some of the most important languages that are used for building smart contracts are given below:
It is a new and rapidly growing programming language created primarily for building Ethereum-based smart contracts. If a developer solely wants to focus on Blockchain programming, learning Solidity is the way to go.
- Since it was created with Blockchain in mind, it can solve almost every problem occurring in a Blockchain network.
- This language is developer-friendly and the best choice for building decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain, using smart contracts.
- It supports the concepts of inheritance, libraries, and user-defined functions.
- Another important feature of Solidity is its statically typed nature and ease to learn.
Just like Solidity, Vyper is a new programming language, built specifically for Blockchain programming.
- It helps in understanding and implementing the creation of smart contracts on the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- Vyper is similar to Python which makes it extremely easy for developers to adapt to this language.
- It is an extremely secure language. Vyper code is easy to understand but highly difficult to manipulate.
- It supports strong typing and thus does not allow one type of datatype to be used as another.
Future of Blockchain Programming
Blockchain is a flourishing technology that is finding its applications and use cases in a diverse range of industries. Its features like decentralization help in making the transactions quite secure. In addition to that Blockchain also maintains data privacy even though it supports transparency in its transactions. This mitigates the risk of fraud. It is evident that Blockchain is a highly profitable technology and will undoubtedly witness significant growth in the upcoming years.
Refer to these Blockchain Interview Questions and Answers to crack your next job interview!
Blockchain is transforming the way the world works and is making transactions much simpler as well as more efficient.
Due to its incredible features, Blockchain is quickly finding its use in different sectors such as banking, healthcare, and financial services, and becoming one of the most talked about topics in the world.
If you still have doubts, feel free to drop them here on our Community Page!