Automation Anywhere enables people whose ideas, thoughts, and focus contribute to the success of the companies for which they work. They create the world’s most advanced Digital Workforce Platform, which makes the workflow more humanistic by automating business processes and empowering people.
As a result, it has a lot of scope in the RPA market. Companies are looking for experts in Automation Anywhere tools. So, here we’ve compiled a list of the most often asked Automation Anywhere Interview Questions with Answers that will help you in cracking your Automation Anywhere Interview.
- Can you explain the term RPA?
- What is Automation Anywhere?
- Why do we require Automation Anywhere?
- Can you explain what are the advantages of Automation Anywhere?
- What are the features of Automation Anywhere?
- What are the three types of Automation Anywhere bots?
- Do you know about Predefined variables?
- What is QTP?
- Can you give some applications where Automation Anywhere can be used?
- What are various Automation Anywhere tools?
This Top Automation Anywhere Interview Questions are divided into three categories as mentioned below:
Check this video on Blue Prism vs UiPath vs Automation Anywhere:
Basic Automation Anywhere Interview Questions and Answers
In this first section, Let’s discuss the basic AA Interview Questions. So go on and read.
1. Can you explain the term RPA?
RPA stands for Robotic Process Automation. It is a business process automation technology that uses software robots or bots to automate business processes.
A workflow with several steps and applications can be taught to the software or robot, such as receiving forms, sending a receipt message, checking the form for completeness, filing the form in a folder, and updating a spreadsheet with the name of the form, the date submitted, and so on.
RPA software is designed to relieve employees of a load of repeated and monotonous activities.
2. What is Automation Anywhere?
Automation Anywhere is one of the prominent RPA tools that offers a variety of sophisticated features for automating complex business processes. It’s a web-based management solution for automating repetitive, rule-based operations that are now done by humans.
It provides enterprises with an end-to-end automation plan. Automation Anywhere’s main goal is to provide scalable, secure, and robust services to its users.
3. Why do we require Automation Anywhere?
For a variety of reasons, Automation Anywhere must be employed. They are as follows:
- It saves both time and money.
- There is no need for programming skills; we can record our own actions.
- Speeds up transaction times.
- Removes the possibility of human error.
- Scaling up from the desktop to the data center
- It’s non-intrusive and has a short time to value.
4. Can you explain what are the advantages of Automation Anywhere?
The advantages of Automation Anywhere are as follows:
- There is no complex programming required, and it also supports the front-end.
- Automation Anywhere is a user-friendly UI with drag-and-drop functionality.
- It has a platform-independent policy and is simple to integrate with other systems.
- It’s used across the board since it allows many departments to focus on tasks that require human engagement.
- Navigates across diverse digital environments.
- It is intended for complexity and can perform difficult jobs rapidly.
5. What are the features of Automation Anywhere?
The following are the main features of Automation Anywhere:
- It allows for script-free automation. So no programming knowledge is required.
- Provides sophisticated business solutions for IT and business needs from automation intelligence.
- SMART Automation Technology is used to distribute functions across multiple systems.
- It is simple to automate complex and time-consuming activities quickly.
- Create various tasks for automation, such as logging keystrokes and mouse clicks.
- Distribute tasks over a number of computers.
- Scriptless Automation is available from Automation Anywhere.
- Even when the computer is locked, auto-login keeps running scheduled tasks.
6. What are the three types of Automation Anywhere bots?
The three types of Automation Anywhere tools are:
- Meta bots: Meta bots are the building blocks of automation. It’s built-in such a way that you only have to make minor adjustments to the bot when the app is updated or changed. Any process that uses that bot is automatically updated.
- IQ bots: It is a sophisticated instrument. It has the ability to learn on its own and complete tasks in accordance with its instructions. Automation is provided by IQ Bot, which employs cutting-edge cognitive technologies. It is based on the idea of organizing unstructured data while also enhancing its abilities and performance.
- Task bots: In domains like document administration, HR, claims management, IT services, and more, task bots automate a rule-based, repetitive process. This results in an instant increase in productivity, reduced errors, and cost savings.
7. Do you know about Predefined variables?
Predefined variables are system variables that Automation Anywhere makes available in order to automate any task. Go to the Variable Manager on the right-hand side of the task pane and select Show System Variables to see the predefined variables. This will allow you to access the system variables.
8. What is QTP?
QuickTest Professional is the full form of QTP. QTP is an automated functional testing tool that assists testers in running automated tests to find any flaws, faults, or gaps in the application under the test’s expected outcomes. Mercury Interactive created it, which was eventually acquired by HP and is now MicroFocus.
Watch this tutorial video on Automation Anywhere
9. Can you give some applications where Automation Anywhere can be used?
The following are some of the most common applications for Automation Anywhere. They are as follows:
- In the financial/accounting department, for invoice processing, reporting, and auditing, among other things.
- In the HR department, Using PeopleSoft to automate tasks.
- In the marketing department, Creating lead generating reports and monitoring social sentiment are two aspects of marketing.
- In Sales, Creating and printing invoices, as well as entering, modifying, and deleting customer information in CRM.
- For ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) integration in the manufacturing department.
- In the government sector, for filling out subcontractor forms and automating daily reporting.
- In the retail industry, to collect product information from a manufacturer’s website.
10. What are various Automation Anywhere tools?
There are various automation tools for testing. QTP, Robotium, SoapUI, and Telerik Test Studio are some of the most important for automated anywhere testing.
11. How many automation commands are available in Automation Anywhere?
In the AAE Client Task Editor, there are roughly 575 commands in Automation Anywhere’s command library such as KeyStroke, Message Box, LogFile, Object Cloning, Excel Command, Email Commands, DB Commands, Clip Board, and many more.
12. Can you differentiate between the wait command and the delay command?
The main difference between the Wait and Delay commands is the argument you specify when using them. When you wish to wait for the components on the screen or the screen itself to change, you can use the Wait command.
The Delay command, on the other hand, is used to improve the performance of activities in a task while working on loops.
Wait command is good compared to delay. Because you have two reasons: Wait for the window to open and the screen to change.
The delay command allows you to specify whether you want to delay for a particular amount of time or for a randomized amount of time depending on a provided range.
13. Do you know how many recorders are there in Automation Anywhere and what are they?
- Screen recorder: The Screen Recorder is the most practical method for efficiently automating the operation. It can be used to record user actions such as mouse clicks and movements, keystrokes, and so on.
- Smart Recorder: In desktop programs, the Smart Recorder is used to record objects such as drop-down menus, checkboxes, list boxes, radio buttons, and more. ‘Object recorder’ is another name for it.
- Web recorder: The Web Recorder is mostly used to gather information from the internet. It can accurately capture user activities on web-based tasks and then automate them without the need for coding knowledge.
- Task editor: The task editor is used to combine many instructions to process any command. This editor allows you to open and edit numerous tasks at the same time. Commands panel, Task Actions List, Action Buttons, Error View and Variable Manager Panel, and Filters are all part of the task editor.
14. What are the components of Automation Anywhere tool architecture?
A distributed architecture is used in Automation Anywhere. Bot Creators and Bot Runners are the two main components of the architecture. Both of these elements are linked to the Control Room. The control room will be the centralized manager in this architecture.
Learn more about Automation Anywhere with Automation Anywhere Tutorial.
15. Can you mention tasks that can be automated?
The tasks which can be automated are data entry, repetitive tasks, a Smoke-testing suite, Build deployment, Behind Graphical User Interface(GUI) automation, scanning documents, data preparation, and many more.
16. What is Sikuli?
Sikuli is a tool that can be used to automate web components, or the graphical user interface(GUI). All site elements are saved in the project in Sikuli. This utility takes into account things like photos and uses VIM to trigger Graphical User Interface interactions. Sikuli is mostly used to automate flash objects and Windows-based programs. It makes use of an API that may be used and integrated into a variety of systems. Sikuli, for example, can assist in the computerization of Windows-based applications.
17. What is the difference between Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism?
|Not popular compared to Blue Prism.
||More popular compared to Automation Anywhere.
|It offers a community edition.
||It offers a free edition.
|It can be used for any medium.
||It can only be used for Citrix automation in the BPO field.
|It does not require any programming language to work with Automation Anywhere.
||It allows users to write codes, however, it is not required.
|It is a network computing model.
||It is a two-tier architecture.
18. What are the various licenses available in Automation Anywhere?
In Automation Anywhere, there are two types of licenses are available:
Run License – This license allows anyone to run the bot, but it does not allow them to make any changes.
Developer License – This license allows you to create, run, and edit Bots.
We have some to an end to the basic Automation Anywhere Interview Questions section. Let’s move forward and read the furthermore important questions on Automation Anywhere
Intermediate Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
Now, we came to another section which is Intermediate level questions in this Automation Anywhere tool Interview Questions and Answers blog.
19. What are the options available in error handling?
The following are the various options available for error handling are:
- Err number: to assign a mistake number that uniquely identifies the type of error.
- Error Description: specifies the nature of the error.
- Capture a Snapshot: This function allows you to take a screenshot of any problem on the screen.
- Run another Task: When the current task encounters an error, this functionality is utilized to conduct any other tasks.
- Log Data Into File: This option saves the error data to a file.
- Send Email: When a mistake occurs, this functionality is utilized to send an email.
- Variable Assignment: This feature is used to define a value to be assigned and to assign tasks depending on that action
Know more about RPA with the RPA tutorial blog by Intellipaat.
20. How do you use Automation Anywhere system variables to create timestamps for your files?
To create timestamps, use the following system variables. Additionally, you can mix the aforementioned variables to create a unique timestamp. Between each variable, you may also insert text characters.
21. How can you read PDFs through Automation Anywhere?
By using the integration command we can read PDFs in Automation Anywhere. This command can be used to read single or multiple pages of a PDF document, extract values, merge two PDF documents, and many other things.
22. What do you mean by object cloning?
Object Cloning is one of the Automation Anywhere tool’s unique instructions used for recognizing objects and various characteristics. Objects and their characteristics, such as object name, path, type, and value, are recognized by the object cloning command.
23. What are the factors that you would consider when you want to use Automation Anywhere?
The following are some of the factors to think about when planning Automation Anywhere. They are as follows:
- Before we begin planning, the first and most important thing we must do is choose an automation tool that will be beneficial to us.
- It’s also critical to pay attention to the ideal framework’s design.
- The test environment setup is one such component that must be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- VM/Citrix type of work environment
- Type of Operating System Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Identifying the test deliverables ahead of time is another important thing to consider while planning.
- The project’s execution and schedule the timeline.
24. What is meant by the framework?
The framework is a platform that can be used to create any suite, including an automation suite. This is made in such a way that it becomes more beneficial in terms of supplying adequate information on a variety of topics. Furthermore, it gives a platform for programmers to create programs for a certain purpose.
25. What are the various types of frameworks in Automation Anywhere?
The following are the types of frameworks in Automation Anywhere:
- Data-driven framework
- Hybrid automation framework
- Keyword-driven framework
- Modular automation framework
26. What is the control room in Automation Anywhere?
The control room is one of the most significant components of the Automation Anywhere architecture that serves as a web-based platform for automating processes such as execution and scheduling software bots and also managing users and clients from anywhere.
Source control, automation deployment, a dashboard, and user administration are among the centralized features.
27. What is a Bot Creator?
Bot Creators, as the name implies, are in charge of creating automation bots. These are the desktop-based programs and technologies that assist construct software bots and validate against a Live Control Room. It also allows several developers to design, upload, and download individual bots before combining them to run at the same time. The AA bot creator file extension is.ATMX
28. What is Bot Runner?
The type of machine used to run Bots is Bot Runners. Bot Runner makes it possible to operate several Bots at the same time. An Operate license is required to run any of the Bots. If there is a failure in the middle of the process, the bots are returned to the control room.
29. What is an Automation Anywhere Bot store?
The Bot Store in Automation Anywhere allows developers to buy ready-to-use software bots and a digital workforce. Because the bots are pre-built, they may be deployed without any additional development. Individuals who need to automate monotonous work can benefit from bots.
Furthermore, digital workers are the ones that can assist in the automation of company processes. As a result, Bot Store is extremely beneficial in terms of reducing development time and expenses.
30. What is Trigger and what is the use of Trigger in Automation Anywhere?
The Trigger allows you to have a task run automatically in response to a certain occurrence on your computer. When a new window appears, for example, if a specific file is created, a trigger can be used. Triggers are used in Automation Anywhere to start the manager, add, delete, and edit triggers, as well as enable and disable triggers.
31. What do you know about Bot insight?
Bot Insight is an embedded analytics platform that displays statistics and graphs to analyze the performance of each bot in the system. The tool simply shows the graph of each bot as well as some other key information, such as what and how the bots are working.
The platform creates a dashboard that summarises all analytical data. Which also assists firms in strategic planning and achieving their goals.
32. What is the difference between a set text and an append text?
Set text will insert the most recent data while removing previous data, whereas add text would merely enter data without removing previous data.
33. What is the App Integration command?
App Integration allows you to work with a variety of program applications such as DOS, browsers, Java applets, UNIX shells, and more
34. What types of scripts can Automation Anywhere run?
VBScript and Jscript are the two types of scripts that can be run in Automation Anywhere.
35. What is PGP? And the use of PGP?
PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) is an encryption technique that may be used to send encrypted emails as well as encrypt sensitive files. By assigning the PASSPHRASE, it is utilized to ENCRYPT and DECRYPT the file.
36. In the AA assignment, how will you link or read two or more separate excel files?
In AA, we can open several files/excel files at once. We need to distinguish them by giving them different/unique session names.
37. What exactly does Workflow Designer mean?
When creating a process flow diagram in a graphical environment, the workflow designer comes in handy. It can be utilized in the application to create automatic tasks. The developer can use the BOTS/Tasks to execute in a flow based on a condition using the Workflow Designer.
Check out the Selenium Interview Questions blog by Intellipaat to crack your interview.
38. How can we extract tables from PDFs in Automation Anywhere?
Manage Windows controls can be used to extract a table from a PDF document.
39. What do you know about auto-login in Automation Anywhere?
Auto-Login unlocks the computer, performs the automated operations, and then restores the system to its previous state.
This is all about the Intermediate level AA Interview Questions. Go ahead and read some Automation Anywhere scenario-based questions.
Advanced Automation Anywhere Technical Interview Questions
In this section, we are going to discuss some advanced-level Automation Anywhere Interview Questions that will help you crack your technical round.
40. How do we use OCR for image recognition?
Optical character recognition (OCR) is a feature that allows you to read/recognize items such as characters or images. The window for capturing, Area of Capture, Path-based picture capture, and URL-based image capture are some of the OCR options.
The following is the procedure for using an OCR command for image recognition:
The following is the procedure for using an OCR command for image recognition:
- Specify a picture that can also be a window.
- Choose an OCR engine (TESSERACT is the default) and a threshold quantity for determining OCR accuracy.
- The extracted text value should then be assigned to a variable.
- It does character recognition using third-party OCR engines.
41. How can we use Automation Anywhere to read CSV files?
We can read CSV files in Automation Anywhere with the two easy steps which are:
- First, use the command OPEN PROGRAM/FILE command to open a CSV or a text file by specifying its location.
- Then, you can use the READ CSV/TEXT FILE command to read a CSV or a text file.
- With delimiters such as a comma, semicolon, or pipe symbol, CSV files can be separated and read.
42. Why are string operation commands used in Automation Anywhere?
In Automation Anywhere, string operation commands are used to conduct a variety of tasks, such as Find, Join, Split, Trim, Reverse, Compare, Length, Before/After, Lower Case, Sub-String, and Replace.
43. What is Automation Anywhere credential vault?
The Credential Manager is a centralized location for securely creating and storing sensitive information in the form of Credentials, which is used in automated operations. The Automation Anywhere credential vault allows you to save your password securely and utilize it in BOTS at runtime. These variables are easily accessible using F2 or as a password field variable.
44. What is the best way to get access to the API interaction?
In Automation Anywhere, the commands REST WEB SERVICES and SOAP WEB SERVICES are used to get access to the API interaction.
45. How do I configure Automation Anywhere's email settings and SMTP server?
Go to the Client Room and then to Tools to configure the email and SMTP server in Automation Anywhere. You’ll find an option for email notifications under the tools. Fill in all of the necessary information, such as the host, port number, User ID, and Password.
46. Explain steps involved in recording tasks in Automation Anywhere?
We may use Automation Anywhere to record a task by following the steps below:
- Choose the SMART task recorder from the list of choices.
- Select a RECORD button.
- Use mouse clicks and keyboard strokes to do the activities that will be recorded.
- After you’ve completed all of the actions and activities, click the ‘STOP’ button.
- To save the recorded activities to a task, click the ‘SAVE’ button.
- We can simply click the ‘RUN’ button to playback the recorded actions.
47. What do you mean by the terms least, moderately, and most friendly formats in Automation Anywhere.
The file formats are categorized into least, moderately, and most friendly categories based on their complexity and readability:
- The least friendly forms are handwritten documents, scanned papers, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Word files and typed PDFs (but not handwritten or scanned PDFs) are considered moderately friendly formats.
- Excel files, CSV files, and text files are considered the most friendly formats.
48. Can we acquire 100% automation with Automation Anywhere?
Yes, we can have 100% automation with Automation Anywhere. However, it could be a difficult process. Automation depends on the company’s needs, priorities and procedures. If a human decision-making capability is necessary, the procedure will not be automated. Structured and ruled-based processes are completely automatable.
49. What are the steps you would take If you couldn’t log in to the client machine from Automation Anywhere?
To resolve this issue, the following measures could be taken:
- From Control Room -> User Management, delete the user in question.
- Create a new user profile using the same information as before.
- To the newly established user profile, add a Developer license.
- Restart the user’s computer, shutting down any Automation Anywhere processes that may have been operating in the background.
- Open the Automation Anywhere client and log in.
If still, the problem remains unsolved, Automation Anywhere must be installed again.
50. When are you going to start managing bot lifecycles in Automation Anywhere?
Bot lifecycle management is built on DevOps principles. And The developer does not need to actively manage the development process or test environments because the lifecycle management framework will do it. As the bots can be managed during their whole existence. Automation Anywhere Enterprise includes bot lifecycle management. It also aids DevOps process integration. So, in a particular scenario, Bot Lifecycle Management must be employed when development must follow the DevOps methodology.
Thus, we have come to an end to this Interview Questions and Answers blog on Automation Anywhere. If you wanna become an expert in the RPA domain and wanna become a certified Automation Anywhere professional, then enroll now in Intellipaat ‘s Automation Anywhere Certification Course.