UiPath is an RPA tool that helps with a variety of software testing tasks. In comparison to other disciplines, the salary/packages offered by various organizations for UI Path resources who are skilled in diverse subjects are significantly greater. So, if you are attending an RPA interview, you should take a look at these most asked UiPath Interview questions.
- What is RPA?
- What is the UiPath tool?
- What are the various products of UiPath?
- What are the various phases of an RPA life cycle?
- Explain UiPath architecture?
- Mention the workflows in UiPath?
- Explain the features of UiPath?
- Name the popular tools of RPA?
- Mention the advantages and disadvantages of RPA?
- Describe the difference between UiPath and automation anywhere?
For your better understanding, we have divided the RPA UiPath Interview Questions and answers into three categories:
Check out this video on interview questions for UiPath developers:
Basic UiPath Interview Questions for Freshers
In this section, we are going to take a look at the basic questions that can be asked by the recruiters.
1.What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a software technology that makes it simple to create, deploy, and manage manual work using software robots that mimic human behavior while dealing with digital systems and software. It enables organizations to automate tasks across applications and systems in the same way that a human would. The goal of RPA is to move process execution away from people and toward bots.
Be UiPath Certification ready. Enroll in RPA Training in Perth offered by Intellipaat.
2.What is the UiPath tool?
UiPath is a robotic process automation tool for large-scale end-to-end automation. Daniel Dines, a Romanian entrepreneur, created the company in 2005. It automates time-consuming processes and can be used with a variety of instruments. For rapid business transformation, UiPath software provides solutions for businesses to automate repetitive office operations. It uses a variety of techniques to turn tedious jobs into automated processes.
3.What are the various products of UiPath?
These are the various products of UiPath.
UiPath Studio: It is a user-friendly interface within the product that allows users to visually plan and construct different automation processes using diagrams. These diagrams are merely a structural depiction of specific tasks that must be completed. With the help of various diagrams, we may arrange any automation process visually. Each diagram depicts a specific type of task to be completed.
UiPath Robot: After designing the procedure, the next step is to put it into action in the UiPath studio. UiPath Robots are used to turn the processes into tasks, which are then executed. These robots are used to assign various tasks and carry them out in the same manner as humans but without the need for human intervention. When a delegated job is assigned to an UiPath robot, it is meant to begin executing it automatically.
UiPath Orchestrator: It is a web-based application in UiPath. It has features for deploying, monitoring, scheduling, and controlling software bots and processes. It’s a centralized platform that manages and controls all software bots.
4.What are the various phases of an RPA life cycle?
Various phases of the RPA life cycle are:
- The first phase of an RPA life cycle is Identification and analysis. In which the RPA developers identify which business process will be automated. Once the process has been identified, it will be analyzed by RPA architects to decide the solution for their process, its complexity, and how to proceed with the project further.
- In the development phase, the developers concentrate on the project requirements and develop the bot according to the type of automation.
- After the development of the RPA bot, it will be tested and sent for deployment in the Testing Phase.
- After testing, it will be sent for deployment. After that, it goes through maintenance and updating.
5. Explain UiPath architecture?
The UiPath architecture is represented in the following image:
UiPath Architecture has two sides and three layers. Which are the Client Side, Server Side and Client layer/presentation layer, Service layer, and persistence layer.
Client-Side and Server Side: The Client-side has UiPath Studio, UiPath Robot, Browser, and UiPath Agent which are the most common client-side applications. The server-side handles the backend functions of UiPath Architecture.
Client Layer/ Presentation Layer: The client layer is made up of UiPath components that may be accessed by users.
Server Layer: The server layer shows all server information. The UiPath Orchestrator is the most important component of the server layer.
Persistence Layer: Database servers make up the majority of persistence layers. This layer stores all of the robot’s configuration information.
6. Mention the workflows in UiPath?
UiPath has various workflows. When creating a workflow file, UiPath provides four diagrams for combining activities into a functioning structure. The four workflows are:
- Global Exception Handler
- State Machine
7. Explain the features of UiPath?
The UiPath features are:
- Sets of activities that are pre-defined
- Drag and drop the workflow
- Playback and recording
- Automation that is both attended and unattended
- Reusability and workflow templates
- Multi-tenancy is a term that refers to a situation
- C# and.NET functions can be inherited.
- No programming skills are required to use RPA technologies.
- Process automation scheduling that is intelligent
8. Name the popular tools of RPA?
The popular tools of RPA are:
- Automation Anywhere
- Blue Prism.
- Pega Platform.
- WinAutomation by Softomotive.
- Automate Robotic Process Automation.
9. Mention the advantages and disadvantages of RPA?
The following are some of the advantages of RPA:
- RPA is simple to grasp. As it requires no coding skills, anyone can learn RPA easily.
- RPA offers high efficiency in terms of cost as compared to humans. Because human labor will be reduced by using RPA.
- RPA can meet the standards of the needs without errors. Hence it enhances quality control.
- By using RPA, we can reduce human errors which lead to the productivity improvements
- Another advantage of RPA is unlike humans, RPA bots can work in any circumstances.
The disadvantages of RPA are:
- Using RPA in companies can cause job losses for employees.
- RPA automation is expensive. So it needs high-cost Initial Investment
- Working with RPA needs high experts. But recruiting skilled professionals can be difficult.
- RPA cannot be suitable for all the processes. Only repetition work or work that does not involve human intervention can be done by RPA.
10. Describe the difference between UiPath and automation anywhere?
|It is used to model an organization’s business processes in a visual way.
||Automation Anywhere is a more script-based tool
|It is a cloud-based architecture
||It is a client-server based architecture
|Effective and entry-level pricing
|Both browser and mobile access are available in UiPath
||It offers access to applications only
|Only for small projects scalability is needed.
||For both small and medium projects, Highly scalability is needed.
Check out this video on the UiPath tutorial:
11. What is the difference between UiPath and Blue Prism?
|Takes time to install the software.
||Easy to install.
|Offers best visual design features.
||Offers the best control features.
|Works on the basis of RPA’s attended mode of robot.
||Works on the basis of RPA’s unattended robot mode.
|UiPath has High-speed mapping processes.
||It does not have High-speed mapping processes.
|Provides access for both mobile and browser.
||Provides access for only apps.
12. Give some examples of automation that can be done using UiPath?
Using UiPath, we can work on repetitive tasks, we can move files from one source to another source, we can also work on various automation such as Web Automation, Email Automation, Excel Automation, PDF Automation, etc.
13. What are the various types of recordings present in UiPath?
Desktop, Basic, Web, Image, and Citrix are various types of recordings in UiPath.
14. What are the major advantages of UiPath?
The advantages of UiPath are:
- The UiPath can be accessed through mobile and browser.
- The key benefit of the UiPath tool for developing an effective digital workforce is its flexibility. UiPath is highly flexible.
- With UiPath practices, productivity can be increased.
- The UiPath tool’s ecosystem has been optimized for faster development and is designed to provide a quick return on investment.
- Companies that are using UiPath can provide the best possible customer experience.
15. What is the value and scope of data types?
A variable is a type of data storage. You can also change the variable’s value. When data is saved in a variable, the value can be of many different types. There are numerous data kinds in UiPath, including text numbers, generic values, time, date, and data tables.
That is all in the section of Basic UiPath practice questions. Let’s move on to the next section of UiPath intermediate Interview Questions.
Intermediate UiPath Interview Questions and Answers
In this section, we are going to discuss the intermediate level Interview Questions for the UiPath developer
16. How to create a project and execute it in UiPath studio?
We can create a project with just a few steps such as:
Step 1: In the UiPath studio software, click the Start button. After that Choose a project type. To start a new project, enter the name, location, and description in the new tab and click the Create button.
Step 2: Include the web page and Excel file in the automation.
Step 3: Enter the activities to be completed in the browser and Excel.
Step 4: Then finally, select Run to Execute the automation.
17. What are the different types of variable error handling actions in UiPath?
Exception Handling is primarily concerned with handling errors in UiPath’s many actions. There are four possibilities for the Error Handling activity which are Terminate workflow, Try Catch, Throw, and Catch.
18. What is Branching?
In UiPath, branching is referred to as a “condition.” This statement will assist the software in determining what to do when a condition is selected. When an activity has more than one solution following a given condition, this condition is used. This condition statement will assist the software in determining what behavior should be displayed.
Learn RPA with Intellipaat’s tutorial blog to gain more knowledge about RPA.
19. What is Delay activity?
You can use the Delay activity to pause the automation for a specific amount of time (in the hh:mm:ss format). This activity comes in handy when working on projects that require precise timing, such as waiting for a certain application to start or for data to be processed before using it in another activity.
20. Why do we use element exist in UiPath?
During the execution of a program in UiPath, the Element exist is used to determine whether the UI element is there or not. It only supports boolean.
21. What is the difference between While activity and Do-while activity?
Whereas If a condition is met, the Do While action allows you to perform a specific component of your project. The automation exits the loop when the given condition is no longer met. The key difference between this and the Do While activity is that the condition is evaluated before the loop’s body is executed in the first one.
22. What is Assign activity?
The Assign activity is a crucial one that will be used frequently since it allows you to assign a value to a variable.
23. What is Switch activity?
The Switch activity allows you to choose one option from a list of several based on the value of an expression. The integer argument is used by default in the Switch activity, but you may alter it in the Properties panel’s TypeArgument list. The Switch activity can be used to sort data into groups based on a specified number of cases.
24. Mention the difference between Screen Scraping and Data scraping?
|Screen Scraping is only used for extracting unstructured data.
||Data Scraping is only used for extracting structured data.
|It stores the scrapped information in a data table.
||It stores the scrapped information in a string.
|With screen scraping, it is difficult to extract data into Excel or a database.
||Data scraping can easily export data to excel or a database
|Screen Scraping can collect data by extracting from images and PDF.
||Whereas Data Scraping cannot extract from images and PDF.
25. What are Arguments in UiPath?
Data can be passed from one project to another through arguments. They are similar to variables in that they store data dynamically and pass it on. Arguments pass data between automation, whereas variables pass data between activities. As a result, you can reuse some projects over and over again.
26. What are a thin client and a thick client in UiPath?
Thin client: Any application in which we are unable to obtain high-quality properties when spying (using any RPA tool). Citrix or any virtual environment can be said as an example.
Thick Client: Any application with a large number of attribute properties qualifies (using RPA tools). for example, Calculator and Internet Explorer.
27. Do you know about Citrix automation?
The virtual machine is a computer science emulator. If you want to process automation in Citrix machines efficiently, you’ll require approaches and tools. The virtual machine is operated via Citrix automation in UiPath.
28. What is PDF automation?
A PDF is a file format used to capture and send electronic documents in their original format. And creating or reading such files and fetching the information from the PDFs is known as PDF automation.
29. What is Email Automation?
The capacity to send relevant information to subscribers in response to time or action-triggered emails is known as Email Automation.
30. Mention the types of OCR engines available which can integrate with UiPath?
In UiPath you can find several OCR engines. Which are Google cloud OCR, Google OCR, Microsoft Cloud OCR, Microsoft OCR, and Abbyy Cloud OCR.
31. Mention the types of robots in RPA?
Businesses can use two types of robots to automate certain processes. Which are the Traditional RPA and the Cognitive RPA.
32. In UiPath, what is a state machine?
A state machine is a sort of automation that executes with a limited number of states. It can enter a state when triggered by an activity and exit that state when triggered by another activity. Transitions are another significant feature of state machines since they allow you to add criteria to jump from one state to another. Arrows or branches are used to depict between the states.
33. Mention the key difference between process automation and test automation?
To finish a task, Process Automation that mimics human behaviors. RPA is used to automate processes in the corporate environment without requiring human interaction, while Test Automation is used for testing purposes while automating any application to assess product quality.
Check out these top RPA Interview Questions by Intellipaat.
34. In UiPath studio, which activity can be utilized to iterate through an activity?
In UiPath Studio, we may utilize “For each activity and While activity” to cycle through an activity.
35. What is debugging in UiPath?
In the automation of UiPath, Debugging is the process of locating and resolving application issues and errors. This process is used to ensure that the applications have no errors. It has both breakpoints and logging, making debugging automation easier. Breakpoints are helpful to take a break in the project’s execution so that the state we can check at each certain point. Logging, on the other hand, allows you to see details about what’s going on in your project in the Output panel.
36. In UiPath, how do you convert a string to an integer?
In UiPath, you may use the following method to convert a string to an integer.
37. What is UiPath Explorer?
UI Explorer is UiPath’s most powerful tool for creating a customize selector for a specific UI element. You can get this through your Automation Cloud instance’s Resource Center, or from Studio if you have the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities package is installed as a project dependency.
38. What is Computer vision activity?
We can allow the UiPath Robots to view every aspect of an interface with the help of AI-based Computer Vision. You may quickly create vision-based automation and edit them globally that works on any virtual desktop interface environment—regardless of framework or operating system.
39. What is the append range in UiPath?
In UiPath, Append ranges are used to insert, add, or alter the data into an existing worksheet. We can insert data after the last written data from the workbook using append ranges. Additionally, previous data will not be overwritten when new data is appended to a file.
40. What are the various types of variables in UiPath?
- Text Variables.
- True or False Variables.
- Number Variables.
- Array Variables.
- Date and Time Variables.
- Data Table Variables.
Check out this video on RPA training:
Advanced UiPath Interview Questions for Experienced
Here comes Advanced UiPath developer Interview Questions which will be very helpful to crack the interview. So go ahead and read.
41. What is the procedure for activating an UiPath Studio license?
The following are the steps you need to perform to activate the UiPath Studio license.
- To activate your license, you need to click the Activate License button first. The registration window for UiPath appears.
- Fill enter your email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter the license key you received in the License Key area.
- Select the option for automatic activation.
- Then press the Activate button.
42. What is the contention in UiPath?
Contention urges the application to make a few arguments in which you can also implement changes. In disputes, you must give the name, which is required. Expound on the route and choose the type of contention: string, object, Int 32, or cluster.
43. In UiPath, what are UI Activities Properties?
In UiPath automation, several UI activity properties may be used to automate apps or web apps. All of these activities have a various number of characteristics in common, which are listed below:
- ContinueOnError – This property indicates whether the automation should continue even if an error occurs during the action. Only boolean values are accepted in this field. It has true and false values. In which the field’s default value is False. As a result, if this field is left blank and an error is given, the project’s execution is halted. If the value is set to True, the project will continue to run even if there is an error.
- Delay After – Delay After property adds a milliseconds-long pause after the activity.
- Delay Before – It adds a millisecond wait before the activity.
- Timeout MS – Timeout MS is the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for a particular element to be discovered before throwing an error. 30000 milliseconds is the default setting (30 seconds).
- Target – The activity’s target is the UI element with which it interacts.
- WaitForReady – WaitForReady is a property that is used to Wait for the target to become ready before conducting the actions. To guarantee that you correctly identify a UI element, the target is made up of various elements, including the container, selector, and clipping region.
44. Mention the different ways to create a variable in UiPath.
The following are the various ways to create a variable in UiPath:
- Properties Pane -> Output Section -> Right-click the mouse and select Create variable / CTRL + K
- Control Bar -> Select the Variables Tab -> Make a variable
- Or you can choose to create a variable from the Ribbon Tab.
45. How can I connect the database to UiPath and read data from it?
To connect the database to UiPath, follow the instructions below.
- You must first install the Database activities package. The Package Manager can be used to install this package.
- You may now utilize the “Connect” activity to establish a link between UiPath studio and the database.
- Then, to configure the connection, click the “Configure Connection” button.
- Select the necessary connection settings and perform a connection test. When the test connection is successful, click OK.
- Use the “Execute Query” activity to write your required SQL query to read data once the connection has been created.
46. In UiPath, explain the terms read range, read cell, read csv, write range, write cell, and write csv.
Read range – It is used to read data from an excel spreadsheet.
Read cell — This command is used to read all of the data from the specified cell.
Write range – It can be used to write data on an excel sheet. Read csv – It can be used to read all csv data.
Write cell – We may use write cell to write data into a certain column.
Write csv — This command is used to save data in a csv format.
47. If the Package Manager’s tested package is not accessible, Do you know how to get the desired package in UiPath studio?
To get the desired package in UiPath Studio. First, go to this proxy site. This will provide a list of all the packages, along with their URLs and most recent versions. Then, navigate to the URL followed by the package name and save it to your computer’s hard disc. Then, in the UiPath package manager, right-click any of the nodes.
Then Configure Sources will appear, and you’ll need to point it to the place where the package was obtained locally. The UiPath package manager will now show all of the downloaded packages. Now you can proceed to install the package using the UiPath package manager as usual.
48. In UiPath, what do you mean by Selectors and Wildcards?
In UiPath, Wildcards are characters that can be used to substitute one or more characters in a string. When dealing with dynamically changing properties in a selector, these might be very beneficial. wildcards can be used to replace zero or more characters in a string.
In UiPath studio, the following wildcard characters are supported for selectors: Asterisk (*) –n replace one or more characters in a string. A single character is replaced by a question mark (?).
49. How to connect robots to orchestrators in UiPath?
Connect a robot to orchestrators as described here
50. How would you go about enabling image and content-based process automation?
If you need to enable image and content-based process automation, you should know that the UiPath offers a few features that will mimic console or mouse interaction, such as floating, clicking, content recognition, OCR workouts, and so on, which aids in UI component recognition by screen scratching.
Picture or content robotization is primarily used in situations when UI mechanization won’t function, such as in the virtual machine world, or in situations where finding selectors via standard methods is difficult.
If you’re interested in learning RPA UiPath, Intellipaat’s RPA Course is a great place to start. This curriculum will teach you all of the fundamentals of RPA and UiPath. So check it out.