UiPath helps in replacing the actual manual process with an automation process using its unique features. These days many organizations are potentially interested in using this tool and taking advantage of the other benefits it provides. Learn UiPath step by step with this RPA UiPath tutorial. Therefore, below mentioned are the topics we are going to discuss in this tutorial.
Go and visit our YouTube channel and Learn about UiPath with the following tutorial video:
What is UiPath?
Before starting with the tutorial, you should know the term RPA.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a software technology that helps in business automation. This RPA is not literally a robot but can be referred to as a “Bot”. Actually, this software is used to automate the routine tasks of any company without any human intervention.
In many areas like remote applications, data handling techniques, and scraping techniques, etc, where RPA is applicable. And to set up tasks to be automated, various RPA tools are used. RPA tools include Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, WorkFusion, Pega Systems, and many others in today’s industry.
UiPath has become one of the popular and most widely used RPA tools. This is an open platform tool that is used in Windows desktop automation. It offers multiple editions and also an active community to help various users.
With the help of its unique features, it converts repetitive and reductant boring tasks into automated solutions without any human interventions. The results it provides are more effective error-free solutions compared to humans.
Web Automation, PDF Automation, Excel Automation, and Email Automation are a few examples of UiPath Automation.
History of UiPath
In 2005, Romanian entrepreneurs- Daniel Dines and Marius Tîrcă founded UiPath in Bucharest, Romania as DeskOver. Later In 2013, the first UiPath Desktop Automation product line was released. It has got a high reach, many companies started using RPA tools to automate their manual repetitive tasks.
Then in 2015, They changed its name from DeshOver to UiPath. And expanded its office branches in many places like New York City, Washington, Paris, and Bangalore, etc. Since April 2016, The company has released front office and back office server suites along with studio community editions.
And recently in April 2020, It was rated as the top tech firm and the second-fastest growing firm in the Financial Times FT1000 listing of America’s fastest-growing companies. UiPath was also included in CNBC’s 2020 Disruptor 50 list in June.
Also, For the second year in a row, It was named #3 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list in September. Bloomberg reported on December 17 that UiPath has filed a confidential application for an IPO.
Do you know many companies prefer UiPath over any other RPA tool? In this tutorial, we will discuss the reasons.
RPA has many other tools such as Pega, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Inflectra Rapise, etc. But among others, UiPath has stood as the most popular and has provided the best customer experience. It has the following advantages that make it more unique from others.
Get 50% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Fast and Robust: UiPath allows robots to make real-time process alterations based on the required task’s specifications, which is usually three to four times faster than any other RPA product on the market right now. That’s the reason why it is widely regarded as having one of the industry’s fastest and most reliable RPA platforms.
Secure: Security is one of the main reasons why many companies consider the UiPath tool over others. Every update of the product undergoes automatic security scans as well as red team-style penetration tests, which are integrated into our development process.
They also submit their releases to Veracode for high-level independent third-party reviews to guarantee that their security is not just trusted but also certified. UiPath provides high security for storing and encrypting credentials.
Record and Playback: UiPath also offers a feature to record and playback as well. For desktop applications, Citrix environments and terminal emulators have special recorders which help the user record the actions and create them as an automation process that makes it easier and faster. UiPath has four alternative recording options which are Basic Recording, Desktop Recording, Citrix Recording, and Web Recording.
Attended and Unattended automation: In an enterprise RPA solution, UiPath provides both attended and unsupervised automation. On your PC, you may run an attended robot and control it when it starts. Unattended automation enables remote system automation on a timed schedule, even when the user is not present.
Multi-tenancy: UiPath also supports multi-tenancy, which means that the cost of a task is reduced while operational efficiency is automatically increased. Companies can also use the same UiPath instance from different locations throughout the world or can be used in protected environments for many users from diverse departments within the same company
Scalable and Flexible: UiPath is scalable because we can create as many automation processes as we can at the same time. From front-end to back-end it can manage and deploy many processes. To build an effective digital workforce, flexibility is offered to both the user as well as the organization. It is also flexible in scraping techniques. In UiPath, we can also save the workflow of any project as a template and can reuse it later.
Productivity: With UiPath, the productivity of end-to-end business processes will rapidly increase. There are many standard and widely available business processes and customer-oriented business processes that are ready for the needs of the client. We can prioritize the tasks and can complete them before the deadline with this tool. The UiPath RPA technology greatly improves the efficiency of the process.
Increased compliance: The most serious issue that any company faces is a failure to identify the problems that it is facing. They can only solve them if they identify the issue. However, UiPath eliminates this concern. It enables users to conduct continuous internal reviews to identify and rectify compliance issues.
ML capabilities: Implementing the machine learning models consumes both effort and time. But with UiPath simple machine learning models such as out of the box, drag and drop makes it easier and cost-effective for any sort of company to define the automation processes.
Best customer experience: UiPath has been continuously updating and impressing customers with its features. And the key to a successful company is providing the best customer experience. UiPath also offers multiple accesses for mobile and browsers. And provides many built-in features. It also allows third-party integration to the users, making them plug in cognitive and OCR technologies from various companies like IBM, Microsoft, Google, etc.
Products of UiPath
The main products available in this tool are UiPath Studio, UiPath Robot, and UiPath Orchestrator. These three UiPath components are present in its architecture. So in this section let’s discuss them.
- Studio: UIPath Studio is a product of the UiPath tool. It is a graphical user interface (GUI)-based dashboard for building automation workflows for tasks that need to be automated. UIPath Studio has a wide range of features that are easy to use, effective, and scalable, and can be easily integrated with any language. It allows us to create a visual representation of our automation process.
- Robot: Software robots are also known as bots and are used to carry out automated steps or tasks. Once, UiPath studio process has been completed the job of the UiPath robot is to start the execution process. And this execution process is carried out perfectly by robots because they are predefined with rules and an accurate data set.
- Orchestrator: Orchestrator is a medium that serves as a link between UiPath Studio and software robots. It is a server-based framework that assists us in automation processes such as deployment, scheduling, monitoring, and handling robots. It acts as a key hub for controlling automation’s overall efficiency.
UiPath architecture consists of two sides and three layers, viz:
- Client-Side and Server-Side
- Presentation Layer, Server Layer, and Persistence layer
The above UiPath architecture diagram shows how it is designed with two sides and three different layers.
Client-Side: Client-side UiPath contains components that the user or developer can interact with directly. UiPath Studio, Robot, Browser, and UiPath Agent are usually included in this side.
Server-Side: The backend tasks of UiPath are included in the server-side tasks. Activities and workflows generated by users are saved in databases.
These are the two sides of the UiPath architecture. Go on and read about the three layers present in the tool.
- Presentation Layer: The presentation layer is also called the client layer. The components which are accessible to the users are present in this layer. UiPath Studio, UiPath Agents, Browsers, Robots, and Executors are a few examples. A user or a developer can use these components to design and build various automated tasks. Those tasks are often carried out with the assistance of software robots.
The following two components are present in the UiPath robot:
Agent Service of UiPath:
This service in UiPath serves as a communicator between the client-side and the server-side. All of the information and data are communicated through the agent. Messages are also logged in the Orchestrator before being transferred to the SQL server. The service can be used to search all of the currently available tasks in the device tray. It also can change device settings and start/stop current tasks.
Executor Service of UiPath:
Software robots use the UiPath Executor Service to execute tasks in a Windows session.
- Server Layer: The UiPath architecture’s most significant layer is the server layer. It displays all server information. The UiPath Orchestrator is the most important component of the server layer. When the robots are ready to perform the tasks, the entire project is often uploaded to the server. With the assistance of an Orchestrator, the project is often carried out on multiple systems.
The complete project is controlled and monitored by Orchestrator, including project activities and scheduling software robots for execution. And then based on filtered requirements it generates summarized reports. It helps to orchestrate software robots so that they can continue to perform routine tasks.
This also helps in the orchestration of software robots so that they can continue to perform repetitive tasks. It assists our project in meeting project requirements, service levels, and deadlines through its web-based management system.
- Persistence Layer: Database servers are present in this layer. During this layer, all of the robots’ configuration information is stored. The configuration details include various user data, their respective robots, assigned tasks, logging details, and asset information, among other things.
These details are entered by users inside the Orchestrator. Elastic search is used to store these logs. The logs are primarily useful for locating and correcting errors.
Process-level data is usually saved in relational database management systems such as SQL Server. This makes extracting logs from a massive amount of data a lot simpler. Queues, as well as tasks in queues, are often handled by the persistence layer.
Learn about various stages in the RPA life cycle with Intellipaat’s informative blog!
Features of UiPath
Now, in this section of the UiPath tutorial, we’ll talk about its main features:
- UiPath has hosting options. It can be conveniently hosted on both cloud environments and virtual terminals, allowing it to be used on a variety of cloud platforms.
- UiPath offers application compatibility for mobiles and desktops as well which helps support a wide variety of software applications. Having both mobile and desktop software adds to the automation benefits.
- The centralized repository is another feature of this tool: This function allows multiple users to simultaneously control or manage all software robots.
- One of its best features is security. And it is frequently updating itself by including many security features like account lockout, automatically detecting multiple logins in different machines, restricting the auto-submission of data. All these features improve overall security and therefore protect user’s data.
- UiPath has a versatile feature that is a screen scraping function. That works with a wide range of applications, including Java, SAP,.Net, Flash, PDF, and more. Users can obtain the maximum accuracy possible with advanced screen scraping solutions than with other automation software on the market.
- UiPath provides many reliable and consistent tools for advancing automation excellence with the support of model business processes.
- UiPath is robust and scalable, and it includes exception handling and debugging support that is efficient and reliable. AI handles applications like PDFs, Excels, and Outlook tasks.
Intellipaat offers you a set of RPA interview questions that will help you crack your RPA interview. So Go and check out!!
This last section of this UiPath tutorial will let you know how to install the tool.
How to Install UiPath?
UiPath Installation is easy and simple with few steps. Go on and read to install easily
Step 1: Go to the link www.uipath.com. It will redirect you to the page as shown in the below image. Now click on the “ Try UiPath Free” Option on the top right corner.
Step 2: Once, you click you will be redirected to the sign-in page as shown below. We can sign up using any of the options mentioned- Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, or Email.
Step 3: Then you will be asked to enter your information on the following page. Then click on the “continue” option to submit the details.
Step 4: After successfully signing up, you will be redirected to UiPath’s home page. There you can see a “Download UiPath Studio” Option. Click on it and download the community edition of UiPath studio.
Note: If you are not redirected to this page or you cannot see a download option. Click on the help option that is available on your left side bottom of the page. Click on it, it will show you a download option as shown in the screenshot below.
Step 5: After downloading the UiPath studio, install the software.
You are now ready to use the software.
Step 6: You will see a pop-up window of Welcome to UiPath with introduction and tutorial videos. You can watch them, that will help you to use this software.
Below is the start page that you are going to see. Now you can successfully start with your automation project. You can see you have options to start your new projects such as process, library, and template.
Note: You can change your local license or your profile by clicking on “Settings” and then “License and profile”.
By clicking on “change local license”, you will see something like the following screenshot. As we have downloaded the community license, we will get options like “add license key” and “community offline”
You can change your profile with the “view or change profile” option. You get to choose options between UiPath Studio Pro, UiPath Studio, and UiPath StudioX. You can change them if you want.
So, this is all about the installation of the UiPath tool. We hope you are clear with the explanation.
Please post your queries on Intellipaat’s RPA community and our top experts will answer them.
Conclusion of UiPath Tutorial
The future of RPA UiPath is bright, as most companies are showing interest and investing time, money, and capital to achieve a meaningful return on investment. The tool would ultimately assist them in streamlining and automating their business processes. In addition, UiPath continues to push new features through updates in order to boost the quality.
As the use of RPA software grows, work opportunities for UiPath Developers and Managers are becoming more plentiful. So, here is a chance to grab this opportunity and succeed. Become an expert in RPA with the best online RPA training offered by Intellipaat. Enroll Now!!