- It is a collection of tabs that work together as a single unit to give functionality.
- Salesforce gives standard apps such as Sales, Call Center, Marketing Cloud, and Community.
- In Salesforce, you can customize an existing app to match the method to construct novel apps by assembling standard and custom tabs.
- Salesforce applications are of two types; one is the custom app and the other is the Service Cloud Console.
Enroll in the perfect online Salesforce Training Course and have a stellar career!
Watch this video on ‘Salesforce Developer Training for Beginners’:
Steps to Create an Application in Salesforce
- To create an application in Salesforce, go to:
Setup > AppSetup > Create > Apps > click on New > select the custom application radio button > provide the name of the app > click on the Next button > select an image from the document object > select the objects > click on the visible checkbox > click on Save
- If you like to append this Salesforce application to any other profile or append other tabs to this app, you can follow the below steps:
Setup > AppSetup > Create > Apps > select the app from the list > click on Edit
- If you would like to change the image for the app, click on Insert an Image and upload from Documents, and if you like to append several tabs to your app, you can select the tabs from Available Tabs and click on Add; the selected tabs will be moved to the Selected Tabs section.
- If you want to append your novel application to any profile, you can tick the checkboxes as shown in the below image:
Learn more about Salesforce Automation System in this insightful blog now!
In this tutorial section, you have successfully created a Salesforce application. In the next section of the Salesforce Tutorial, you will be learning how to install AppExchange applications.