Wish to Learn SAP BI/BW? Click Here
1. SAP BW/BI Characteristics
|Functionality||Data warehousing and reporting tool|
|Comprehensive tool||Seamless integration of back-end, analysis and interpretation|
2. Define SAP BW/BI?
SAP BW/BI is a Business Information Warehouse, also called as business intelligence. It allows the user to examine information from operative SAP applications also from other business
Check out this video on SAP BW/4HANA Training:
3. What are the main areas and activities in SAP/BI?
a) Data Warehouse: Integrating, collecting and managing entire company’s data.
b) Analyzing and Planning: Using the data stored in data warehouse.
c) Broad cast publishing: To send the information to the employees using email, fax etc.
d) Reporting: BI provides the tools for reporting in web-browser, excel etc
4. Define data Integrity?
It is used to omit replicated entries in the database.
5. Define table partition?
It is done to maintain the large data to ensure the capacity of the application. There are two type of partitioning that is done
a) Logical partitioning
b) Database partitioning
6. What are the features of multi provider?
a) It doesn’t contain any type of data.
b) The data comes completely from the information which is provided.
c) By union operations the info providers are connected.
Data flows from a transactional system to the analytical system (BW). DS ( Data Service) on the transactional system needs to be replicated on BW side and attached to info source and update rules respectively.
Interested in learning SAP BI/BW? Well, check our in-depth Sap Bw Training Courses to get a head start in your career.
7. Define Operational Data Store?
ODS is mostly used for large storage of data . It is a BW architectural module that appears between Persistent Staging Area and infocubes.
8. Define an ‘Infocube’?
Infocube is a data storage area which has a same structure as that of star schema. If we wish to create a infocube we have to require one fact table surmounted by the four dimensions.
9. How many tables info cube have?
It have two tables:
E table and F i.e. fact table
10. What the maximum number of dimensions info cubes contain?
In info cubes contain 16 dimensions.
11. Differentiate between ODS and Info-cubes?
a) Info cube doesn’t have any key but ODS have.
b) Info-cube contains refined data while ODS contains detailed level data.
c) ODS is a flat file structure while Info-cube follows Star Schema
12. Define dimension in BW?
The collection of reference data about a measurable event in data warehousing is known as dimensions in BW.
13. Define info objects?
Info-objects are same as that of fields of the source system. Info objects are the characteristics and key figures.
Interested in learning SAP BI/BW? Check our in-depth SAP BI BW Training Courses.
14. Define modelling?
Modelling is the term which is used for designing of data base.
15. Define extended star schema?
Extended Star Schema is like a star schema in which Master data are kept in a separate tables.
16. Define extractors ?
Extractor is the term which is used to dig out the data from the system program.
17. Define Fact Table?
Fact tables contain the transactional data. It is a group of relations and facts that is foreign key with the dimensions.
18. How many data types are there in characteristics info object?
There are 4 data types:
19. What is the significance of process chain?
Process chain basically automates the data. It automate it like data load, deletion, etc.
20. What are the T-codes for Info-cubes?
The T-codes for Info-Cubes are
a) LISTSCHEMA: Show InfoCube schema
b) LISTCUBE: List viewer for InfoCubes
c) RSDCUBE, RSDCUBED, RSDCUBEM: Start InfoCube editing
21. Write the maximum number of key figures and characteristics?
The maximum number of characteristics are 248 and key figures are 233.
22. Write the types of extractions.
a. Cross Application (Generic Extractors) : DB View ,Infoset, Function Module
b. Application Specific: BW content FI, HR, CO, SAP CRM, LO cockpit
c. Customer-Generated Extractors: LIS, FI-SL, CO-PA
23. Can an Info-object be converted into an Info-provider?
Yes, an info-object can be converted into an info-provider. To convert this right click on the Info Area and select “ Insert characteristics as data target”.
24. Define multi-provider in SAP BI ? What are the features of Multi providers?
It is a type of info-provider which contains data from various info-providers and makes it available for reporting purposes.
25. Define Conversion Routine?
It is used to convert data types from internal format to external format.
26. Differentiate between the Start routine and Conversion routine?
In the start routine we can modify the data packages, when data is loading, While in conversion routine we can’t modify the data.
27. How we can un-lock objects in Transport Organizer?
In transport organizer to unlock the object, go to SE03à , Request TaskàUnlock objects. When you enter your request and select unlock and execute, it will unlock the request.
28. Define update or transfer routine?
The transfer routine defines Global Data and Global Checks. It is like the Start Routine.
29. Write the types of Multi-providers?
The types of Multi-providers are:
a) Heterogeneous Multi providers: These info-providers only have a few number of characteristics and key figures. It can be used for the modelling of scenarios by dividing them into sub-scenarios. Each sub-scenario is represented by its own info-provider.
b) Homogeneous Multi providers: It consists of technically identical info-providers, such as infocubes with exactly the same characteristics and key figures.
30. Write the transaction codes for process chain?
a) RSPCM: Monitor daily process chains
b) RSPC1: Process Chain Display
c) RSPC: Process Chain Maintenance
d) RZ20: To see log for process chains
31. What is the T.code for Data Archival and what is their advantage?
T.code is the SARA,and its advantage is to query performance, load performance, minimizes space.
32. Define BEx Map in SAP BI?
It is one of the most important characteristics for SAP BI .It gives the geographical information like customer, customer sales region and country.
Learn more about our SAP BI Training Videos to get ahead in your career.
33. Define B/W statistics and how it is used?
B/W statistics is useful in presenting data about the costs linked with the B/W queries, OLAP, aggregative data etc.
34. What do you understand by data target administration task?
Data target administration task includes
a) Complete deletion of data target
b) Construct database statistics
c) Generate Index
d) Delete Index
35. Write the options when defining aggregates?
b) F-Fixed Value
c) H- Hierarchy
d) *- Groups according to characteristics
36. Define the term ‘slowly changing dimension?
Slowly changing dimensions is the dimension that changes with time.
37. Tell how we can create a connection with LIS Info Structures?
To create a connection with LIS info-structure click on LBW0 it will connects LIS info-structures to BW.
38. Write the delta options available when load from flat file?
Three options are available:
- Additive delta
- New status for changed records
- Full upload
39. Write the steps within SAP BI to create classes for BW?
To create classes for BW we have to follow the following steps,
a) Click on post-processing of data sources
b) Click on IMG activity
c) Select BW or any desired node you want to select
d) Click on context menu
e) Press F6 or select “Create node”
After following these steps, a new dialog box will appear, where we can insert our node or class for BW.
40. Define data ware-housing hierarchy?
TData ware housing is used to define data aggregation hierarchy. It is a logical structure which use ordered levels as a means of organizing data.
41. How we can debug errors with SAP GUI ?
To debug errors in SAP GUI we have to follow the path
a) Run Bexanalyzer
b) Business Explorer menu item
c) Installation check
It will show an excel sheet with start button, on clicking on it, it will verify the GUI installation
42. Define compression?
It is a procedure used to omit the Request IDs and this saves space.
43. Define Return Tables?
When we want to go back to many records, instead of single value, we use the return table in the Update Routine.
44. How many extra partitions are created before and after date?
2 partitions are created before the begin date and after the end date.
45. How we can optimize the dimensions?
We should explain as many dimensions as we can and we have to take care that no single dimension crosses the limit of more than 20% of the fact table size.
46. What all options are available in transfer rule?
47. Define Rollup?
Rollup is used to pack new DataPackages into the InfoCube aggregates. It is important to perform Rollup because than in InfoCube data will not be available while reporting on the aggregate.
48. What are the options available in transfer rule?
- ABAP routine or a Formula
- Assign a Constant ,
- Assign info object,
49. How the B/W statistics is important?
It is important because it is useful in measuring the performance of how quickly the queries are calculated or how quickly the data is loaded into BW.
50. Explain the data target administration task ?
The data target administration task are delete index, generate index, construct database statistics, initial fill of new aggregates, etc.
51. How we can transform Open Hub Data?
Using BADI we can transform Open Hub data.
Give your career a big boost by going through our Sap BW Certification Course.