With the popularity of Python, it may now be the time to familiarize yourself with the average salary of Python Developers based on their experience, job location, skill sets, and more. This blog on ‘Python developer salary in India’ will help you decode the key aspects on which the salaries are based. Furthermore, you will also get to know whether or not to learn this vibrant and dynamic language.
First, let us start with the basics.
What does a Python Developer do?
Python Developers are usually in charge of writing server-side application (web) logic, which includes developing back-end components, linking applications to third-party web services, and helping front-end developers to integrate their work into Python applications.
Although web development and data analysis are still the main applications of Python, the language is making a great stride in the domain of Machine Learning. This is evident from several salary reports that state that a Python Developer earns much more in the field of Data Science.
To start with Python, go through this Python Tutorial for Beginners video:
Python Developer Salary in India
Python Developers earn an average salary of ₹578,000 in India. An entry-level Python Developer can earn ₹490,361 in a year. The average mid-level Python Developer salary in India is ₹980,242. An experienced Python Developer can earn ₹1,448,276 on average in India.
Let’s look at Python Developer Salaries in different cities in India:
|City||Average Annual Salary|
Factors Influencing the Salary of a Python Developer
The salary of a Python Developer depends on many factors. This includes skills, knowledge, education, experience, location, etc. Now, to give you an in-depth overview of the salary structures and factors on which the salary depends, we have taken several data from key job portals, including Indeed, PayScale, and Glassdoor.
Python Developer Salary Based on Geography
Though the average base salary of a Python Programmer is high, this is not the only reason for its popularity. There are many other factors as well that contribute to its popularity.
Technology giants around the world adore it. NASA, Amazon, Google, Facebook, YouTube, etc. are just some of the big names in the tech world who use Python for multiple reasons and are always looking for Python Engineers.
State-wise Average Salary of Python Programmers in the United States
- New York: The average salary of Python Developers in New York (USA) is US$134,000/year.
- California: In California, Python Developers have an average annual salary of US$120,980.
- San Francisco: San Francisco’s Python Developers have an average annual salary of US$125,467.
- Virginia: The average salary of a Python Developer in Virginia is US$122,561 per year.
Average Salary of Python Programmers in Other Geographic Regions
- London, UK: In London, Python Developers have an average annual salary of £67,540.
- Germany: In Germany, Python Developers have an average salary of €56,424.
Watch this ‘Best Programming Language to learn in 2022’ video
Python Developer Salary as Compared to Other Programming Languages
According to Stack Overflow, Python was the hottest technology in 2018. Based on the latest annual report from Stack Overflow, Python ranks third in the list of the most popular IT skills in 2019. At the same time, Python is one of the most popular technical skills, with demand exceeding its supply. Therefore, Python can open many doors for you.
Now, let us look at the salary of a Python Developer when compared to other languages.
- Ruby on Rails Developer salary in the US is US$122,149 per year.
- The average Java Developer salary is US$103,460 per year.
- Perl Developers have an annual salary of US$121,428.
- C++ Developers have an average annual salary of US$114,148.
- .NET Developers have an average annual salary of US$93,714.
- PHP Developers have an average salary of US$83,925 per year.
- Python Developers have an average annual salary of US$118,124.
Python Developer Salary Based on Experience
Currently, there are approximately 25 million software developers worldwide. According to SlashData, there are almost 8.2 million developers using Python, and now this number has surpassed the population of Java Developers (7.6 million).
Here is the salary of a Python Programmer based on experience.
Entry-level Python Developer salary:
The average salary of the entry-level Python Developers ranges from US$59,888 per year for entry-level software engineers to US$111,605 per year for full-stack developers.
Mid-level Python Developer Programmer salary:
The average annual salary of mid-level Python Developers is US$117,940.
Senior Python Developer salary:
The average salary of a Senior Python Developer ranges from US$132,789 per year for full-stack Python Developers to US$145,923 per year for advanced software engineers.
Preparing for Python Interviews? Check out Python Interview Questions that will help you land your dream job.
Python Developer Salary Based on Job Role
Python ranks at the top among the programming languages in various job portals. Web Developers and Application Developers, DevOps Engineers, Sys Admins, Data Scientists, etc. prefer Python. In addition to Python making a great stride in the US and Indian IT market, it has surpassed other languages in Germany and France as well.
Take a look at the average salary of a Python Developer working in different roles:
- Python Developer Salary: US$110,021/year
- Software Engineer Salary: US$105,090/year
- Senior Software Engineer Salary: US$133,967/year
- Software Developer Salary: US$105,000–110,000/year
- DevOps Engineer Salary: US$115,666/year
- Data Scientist Salary: US$120,126/year
Know about Python developer roles and responsibilities to begin a career as a Python developer.
Top Companies Using Python and Hiring Python Developers
We know that many of you want to learn to code in Python to join leading MNCs. Therefore, we have collated a list of top companies that are currently looking for Python Developers. Here is the list:
- Walt Disney
Why should I learn Python?
Now that you have a full understanding of a Python Developer’s salary, you need to know what you can do with Python and how to build a career in it.
Here are some quick insights:
- It is widely used by companies because it is powerful and simple.
- Its simplicity and clarity make it ideal for beginners.
- It offers excellent career opportunities due to high demand, especially, in the US and India.
- It has a set of frameworks to make website development as easy as possible.
- There is a large community that continues to contribute to its development.
- It is considered the best for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
- Python has already replaced Java as the second-most preferred language in GitHub.
- By using Raspberry Pi, you can create your own DIYs in Python!
Python ranked first in the list of IEEE Spectrum’s top-level programming languages in 2019. The language is becoming more and more popular, and it is used in almost every industry. Thus, you must learn Python as soon as possible. This is why Intellipaat offers an Online Python Training Course to help you learn the key concepts of Python.