Introduction to Python
Python is a high-level, multipurpose, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented programming language. Python is easy to learn and versatile scripting language Python is a programming language that supports structured and functional methods and that has a build-in data structure, Portable, Extensible. Also, it is an extensible language.
Interpreted means it is processed at runtime by using an interpreter. There is no need to compile the program before execution. It is used to give the capability to interact with databases, to build the applications which can be run in a Windows environment, to build the CGI scripts which can be run from a Web browser, etc. It is used everywhere from business Web sites to online games, from simple conversion scripts to complex Internet update routines for banks and other financial institutions.
Python is a programming language that can be applied to many different platforms. It comes with a standard library that includes almost all Internet protocols, OS interfaces, testing, and string processing.
String Processing – Calculate differences between files, Unicode, and Regular Expressions in Python.
Internet Protocols – HTTP, SMTP, FTP, XML-RPC, IMAP, POP, CGI programming
Software Engineering – Unit Testing, Logging, Profiling, and Parsing Python code
Operating System Interfaces – System Calls, File Systems, and TCP/IP Sockets
Unlike other programming languages,
- Few lines of codes do the super job
- There is no need for curly brackets but requires proper indentation.
- Variable data type declaration not required python will handle it.
- Python codes need not have classes, you can get the functionalities working just by declaring them in functions or methods. Create modules and import them to reuse the code.
- It is used to support the limited form of multiple inheritances which is very easy to learn.
- It supports most of the OOPs concepts that other programming languages do.
- It provides built-in functions that are easy to adapt and work.
Want to become a Python Developer? Check out this insightful Python Certification blog.
Features of Python
Python has the following Features –
- Easy to Use
- Easy to Learn
- GUI Programming
Python was created in the early 1980s by Guido van Rossum as a successor of a language called ABC. Currently, it is managed by the Python Software Foundation (PSF). It is an independent and non-profit organization that manages the open source licensing for Python 2.1 and the newer versions of python. Python is influenced by programming languages like ABC, modulo – 3, C, C++, etc.
This blog will help you get a better understanding of Automate Your Coding with Python!