Introduction to Python
Python is a high level, multipurpose, interpreted, interactive and object oriented programming language. Python is easy to learn and versatile scripting language Python is a programming language which supports structured and functional methods and that have build in data structure, Portable, Extensible. Also it is an extensible language.
Interpreted means it is processed at runtime by using interpreter. There is no need to compile program before execution. It is used to give the capability to interact to databases, to build the applications which can be run in a Windows environment, to build the CGI scripts which can be run from a Web browser etc. It is used in everywhere from business Web sites to online games, from simple conversion scripts to complex Internet update routines for banks and other financial institutions.
Python is a programming language that can be applied in many different platforms. It comes with standard library that includes almost for all Internet protocols, OS interfaces, testing and string processing.
String Processing – Regular Expressions, Calculate differences between files, Unicode.
Internet Protocols – HTTP, SMTP, FTP, XML-RPC, IMAP, POP, CGI programming
Software Engineering – Unit Testing, Logging, Profiling and Parsing Python code
Operating System Interfaces – System Calls, File Systems and TCP/IP Sockets
Unlike other programming languages,
- Few lines of codes does the super job
- There is no need for curly brackets but requires proper indentation.
- Variable data type declaration not required python will handle it.
- Python codes need not have classes, you can get the functionalities working just by declaring them in functions or methods. Create modules and import it to reuse the code.
- It is used to support the limited form of multiple inheritance which is very easy to learn.
- It supports most of the OOPs concepts that other programming languages do.
- It provides built in functions that are easy to adapt and work.
Want to become a Python Developer? Check out this insightful Python Certification blog.
Features of Python
Python has following Features –
- Easy to Use
- Easy to Learn
- GUI Programming
Python was created in early 1980s by Guido van Rossum as a successor of a language called ABC. Currently it is managed by the Python Software Foundation (PSF). It is an independent and non-profit organization which manages the open source licensing for python 2.1 and newer version of python. Python is influenced by programming languages like: ABC, modulo – 3, C, C++ etc.
This blog will help you get a better understanding of Automate Your Coding with Python!