Systems Applications and Products (SAP) is a global organization that mainly aims at providing enterprise business software which includes enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, supplier relationship management, etc. This system solution comes with an ability to interact on a similar database with an extensive range of applications.
SAP was found by five employees from IBM (Mannheim, Germany) in the year 1972. Ever since its birth, SAP framework has undergone various modifications. However, the latest version of SAP is SAP R/3 which is a client/server version that has become more popular. It has a 3-tier architecture, namely, Presentation, Application, and Database.
Before we move forward, here’s a video from Intellipaat on SAP
Why Do You Need SAP ERP?
The enterprise system is classified into two based on the exchange of data and communication:
- Decentralized System
- Centralized System or ERP System
Here, data is managed at local departments in the local server, which makes it tedious to access and manage the data for all departments in real time. This is one of the major cons of this system.
Let’s understand other cons of this decentralized system:
- Various information systems that are different in all manners are generated individually. This becomes difficult to manage.
- Data integration for several departments is a time-consuming activity.
- There is a lack of timely information which causes customer dissatisfaction and loss of money.
- This system cannot identify inconsistent and duplicate data.
- It involves high material, human resource, and inventory costs.
Centralized System or ERP System
In order to overcome the cons faced by the decentralized system, the centralized system was developed.
The advantages of this system are as follows:
- The primary data is maintained at a central location, and it is systematically shared with each department in an enterprise. Each department will have access to the data based on its permissible limits.
- This system will completely eliminate inconsistent, redundant, and duplicate data.
- This system also provides control over other business processes.
- There is an increase in productivity, quality, inventory, human resources management, customer service, and customer interaction. It also reduces material cost and overheads.
A centralized enterprise system comes up with tremendous pros which enhance the overall business. Thus, this creates a mandatory requirement for the ERP system.
SAP Examination and Certification
SAP certification is an exam conducted by SAP AG who is an ERP vendor.
SAP aspirants should mandatorily take this exam for their successful SAP career. SAP certification is a bit expensive compared to other technology-based certifications.
Sometimes, the employer takes care of the certification fee so that you clear the examination.
If you are aspiring to become an SAP consultant, then you should hold an SAP certificate.
Organizations today expect their employees to have SAP certification to provide hi-tech services in their respective domains.
SAP has been constantly increasing its product offerings such as new e-business applications, supply chain management tools, web interfaces, customer relationship management, etc.
SAP itself is fully integrated which comprises every business aspect.
The SAP certification encompasses two different types of training modules called functional modules and technical modules.
They talk about the functional and technical aspects of a business, respectively.
Some the SAP products and technical and functional modules are given below:
SAP Functional Modules
SAP Technical Modules
|SAP R/3 Enterprise||CRM: Customer Relationship Manager||ABAP: Advanced Business Applications Programming|
|SAP ERP||PP: Production Planning||Net Viewer|
|mySAP Business Suite||MM: Material Management||BIW: Business Information Warehousing|
|SAP xApps||FICO: Finance and Control||Basis|
|SAP Industry Solutions||SD: Sales Distribution||XI: Exchange Infrastructure|
|SAP Solution Manager||HR: Human Resources||ABAP: Advanced Business Applications Programming|
SAP certification is rapidly becoming mandatory for SAP aspirants because most of the organizations are speedily adopting SAP framework into their business operations. The demand for SAP experts is increasing in production-based departments, finance, and management domains.
Various SAP Certifications Offered by Intellipaat
Let’s look at some of the comprehensive training courses offered by Intellipaat on SAP modules.
SAP CRM Tutorial
Intellipaat SAP CRM training course is extensively curated by industry experts to assist you in beginning your SAP career. Here, you will learn about the fundamentals of SAP CRM, SAP CRM categories, SAP CRM workflow, architecture, business partners, marketing plan, and the creation of SAP CRM business partner.
SAP S/4HANA Logistics Tutorial
Intellipaat SAP S/4 HANA Logistics tutorial will enable you to learn SAP Simple Logistics and its fundamentals in detail. You can learn about SAP components, migrating to SAP, different ways of migration, SAP Fiori, deploying SAP S/4HANA, managing production planning, supply chain, and inventory management. You can get exposure to real-time projects and assignments.
SAP S/4 HANA Finance Tutorial
The SAP S/4HANA Finance Certification comprises several financial planning aspects such as accounts management and enterprise risk management. You will be able to understand how to work on real-time analytics, simulation, and prediction for all financial and operational data.
SAP HANA Certification Training
The SAP HANA certification training course allows you to gain expertise in SAP HANA domain. You will learn HANA Studio, in-memory database, modeling, and real-time analytics. You can also work on real-world projects, as part of this online training course.
SAP BI/BW Training
The SAP BI/BW training course teaches all the core aspects of SAP Business Intelligence and Business Warehousing domains. You will get in-depth knowledge about SAP BW modeling, SAP architecture, SAP application, data extraction from SAP BW and SAP BW data schema.
SAP BW/4HANA Certification Training Course
Intellipaat SAP BW/4HANA certification online course is created by industry experts which will enable you to master the core concepts of Data Warehousing on BW/4HANA, SAP HANA, and mixed scenarios. We offer the best online training to make you learn SAP HANA modeling, real-time analytics, and SAP architecture (LSA++).
SAP S4HANA Production Planning and Manufacturing
The SAP S/4HANA Production Planning and Manufacturing certification training course is specially designed considering the competitive market requirements of Production Planning and Manufacturing. You will gain core knowledge required for SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing consultant. You will learn about S/4HANA Essentials, Planning and Production Methods, SAP ERP production orders, Lean Manufacturing and process orders, and Master Data.
SAP S4HANA Sales Upskilling
The SAP S/4HANA Sales Upskilling certification training course is designed to provide core knowledge in SAP S/4HANA Essentials and Sales Upskilling domains. You can learn about Sales, Cross-functional Customizing, Smart Business techniques, billing process, pricing, and condition technique. As part of this online course, you will get real-time projects and step-by-step assignments to work on which will provide you working exposure in the corporate world.
SAP S4HANA Sourcing and Procurement
The SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement certification training course ensure that you master the SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement module. You will get expertise in the planning and implementation phases of Sourcing and Procurement projects through this online training course.
Eligibility for SAP Certification
There is no particular prerequisite for pursuing the SAP certification. However, if the candidates are graduates or postgraduates and have basic knowledge of computer and the SAP module, in which they are aspiring to get trained, then it will be an added advantage. It will be beneficial if you carry a similar academic background which you aim to pursue more, such as computer science, finance, business administration, human resources, operations, business management, etc.
SAP provides over 150 certifications which are based on specific SAP products. These certifications are generally categorized as:
- Associate level: This is meant for freshers in SAP solutions who may have a basic understanding of SAP technologies from various sources.
- Specialist level: It is designed on associate-level credentials and identifies professionals with a specific skill set in different components and roles.
- Professional level: This is designed to identify people with profound knowledge and immense experience in SAP solutions.
No particular prerequisite skills or certifications are essential for the associate level and professional level certificates. But, to get a specialist level certificate, you must compulsorily hold an associate-level certificate. Additionally, SAP certifications don’t necessitate recertification. To ensure that your skills are up to date, SAP itself monitors your credentials and alerts you whenever your credentials get outdated.
Benefits of an SAP Certification
SAP professionals have a lot of benefits in many aspects of their career. Let’s understand a few of them:
- Job: Each one of us go for certifications aiming at a great job in a reputed company. An SAP certification can fetch you a job effortlessly. The SAP field, by default, has a huge job market with ample job opportunities for skilled SAP professionals.
- Salary: It is quite obvious that certified professionals get highly paid compared to the one who is not certified. The certification will ensure that you get an above-average package in the job market.
- Reputation: The certification helps you establish your skills. As a certified SAP professional, your reputation is engraved. You will get a certain sense of respect from your co-workers. You will also motivate others to become certified, further improving the talent pool of the organization.
- Promotion: The certification will definitely enable you to perform better in your job. This increases the chances of your work getting noticed by the organization. Then, you will get further promotion opportunities.
Therefore, SAP certification has a plethora of benefits ranging from career development to personal and professional upgradation. However, the certification fee being very expensive, you must think long and hard and be very clear before you decide to attempt for the exam.
SAP is a definite part of large and small businesses today. It is recognized as the most popular ERP platform in the world. It comes up with better business operations with potential benefits. Because of the increasing SAP requirements, owning an SAP certificate will enhance your opportunities for achieving a lucrative career.
- Data Modeling Tutorial for Beginners
- Data Science Certification
- Data Visualization via Apache Zeppelin