Sap Hana Installation
SAP HANA Studio is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) used to develop SAP HANA databases. It allows the administrator to handle the user authorizations, existing models of data and manage SAP HANA database. Intellipaat brings SAP HANA tutorial which will guide you in downloading and installing SAP HANA Studio in one shot.
Prerequisites for installing SAP HANA Studio are :
- OS : Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.9, and/or SUSE Linux server.
- Environment : Java Virtual Machine
- Disk Space : Minimum 190 MB
- Memory : 1 GB
Once you make sure that above fulfil aforementioned prerequisites you can follow the given step-by-step procedure to install SAP HANA Studio.:
Step 1 : Go to the following link to download SAP HANA Studio:
Now select the download suitable for your OS. For example, if you have 64-bit Windows then select sap_hana_win64_studio-rev80
Step 2 : Now open the folder and you will find an executable file named hdbsetup.exe. Run this file and follow the instructions.
Step 3 : Set the destination folder path as:
Click on ‘Install new Sap Hana Studio’ and hit the next button.
Step 4 : Go to ‘Select Features’.
The features you need to select are:
- SAP HANA Studio Administration
- SAP HANA Studio Application Development
- SAP HANA Studio Database Development
Now click on Next button.
Step 5 : Go to ‘Review and Confirm’. This window will display the choices you made for installation. Once you ensure what you need, Click on Install button.
Step 6 : Install the software. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation. After completion a message will appear and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Step 7 : First time you run ‘hdbstudio.exe’, a welcome window will appear with four options.
See the image below:
- Open Administration Console : This perspective allows the user to administer the software. It configures, monitors and administers the SAP HANA Document. It also creates users and assigns authorization.
- Open Modeler : This option deals with creation of modeling objects, database object management, creation and modification of tables, objects and attributes, data provisioning, etc.
- Open Lifecycle Management : This perspective updates the installation of SAP HANA by adding patches received from SAP.
Step 8 : Before start working, you will have to configure SAP HANA Studio. For that go to the Open Administration Console or Open Modeler and right-click on the Navigator pane and select Add system. After this following window will appear :
Provide the ‘Host name’ and ‘Instance number’ of your SAP HANA installation. Set the default language in ‘Locale’. Click ‘Next’.
Step 9 : A dialog window will appear where will have to put your User Name and Password for SAP HANA Server. Click on ‘Finish’ and SAP HANA Studio will be installed at your system.