SAP HANA Studio Top Features
In order to better understand the SAP HANA Studio, following fundamentals need to be cleared:
Navigating SAP HANA Studio
It is a place from where you can access schemas, tables, procedures, information views, etc. It is appeared on the left side and performs following functions :
Initially it looks empty, but as soon as we add systems, we can see multiple options to browse across. These options depend on the perspective you are working in. If you are in Modeler perspective, only available systems and objects will be visible. On the other hand if we are in Development or Debug perspectives, options will differ accordingly.
- Administration : It helps administering the SAP HANA Studio platform.
- SQL Console : Used to write different SQL codes for various purposes. It works without getting a schema name as it works on the schema selected by us.
- Find Table : Allows searching for a table in the SAP HANA system. It returns all the tables having the name given by us in search.
- Find System : This is used to search a system.
- Link with Editor : It lets the objects link with the navigation pane. It highlights the object in the navigation pane that has been selected by the user.
Administering SAP HANA Studio
This perspective helps the users maintain and monitor the system status, monitoring disk volume storage, handling alerts, etc. It performs following activities :
- Adding a System : To connect with the SAP HANA instance, some of the credentials are required such as User ID, Password, Server, etc.
- Overview : It allows you to get a glimpse of entire system’s status at once.
- Landscape : It allows to have a quick look at the running applications, their configurations hosts and redistribution, etc., in fraction of seconds.
- Configuration : Allows you to configure hosts.
- Redistribution operations : In order to effectively utilize the resources the operations need to be redistributed across index servers.
- Alerts : It creates alerts that help monitoring and managing system operations.
- Performance : It monitors all the performance-related processes.
- Volumes : It provides the memory statistics of all the servers present on the host.
- Configuration : It includes very important data about the configuration of the system.
- System Information : Consists of system information.
- Diagnosis Files : Allows to browse through the trace or log files.
- Trace Configuration : Provided detailed information regarding the activities of SAP HANA database.
Modeling SAP HANA Studio
It accomplishes modeling activities of SAP HANA platform.
- Information Views : These are of three types- Attribute view, Analytic view and Calculation view.
- SQL Script : It gives a flexible environment for programming language with consists of imperative and functional expressions.