Wish to Learn SalesForce Admin? Click Here
Top Answers to SalesForce Admin Interview Questions
1. SalesForce Admin Characteristics
||Salesforce Admin 201
|What you learn?
||Workflow, field creation, management
|Who can learn?
||System admin, architect, security analyst
|What is the average salary?
||$82,000 per annum
2. Expansion of CRM and explain.
Expansion of the CRM is “Customer Relationship Management”.
CRM is an application helps to automate or digitalize the marketing functions by using CRM software
. With this software, all the company or organization planned to increment in their profits and revenues. So that, this strategy of incrementing the revenue and profit is made by attracting the customer, clients, and sales. The important concept of CRM is customer value.
The four CRM initiatives are
- Customer acquisition.
- Customer retention.
- Customer churn.
- Customer win-back.
3. Distinguish between salesforce.com and Force.com ?
Both are relatively same but different in functionality. Salesforce.com helps to build CRM functionality based application example – iPhone “app” that stores contact details, makes phone calls, + all the other standard functions of a phone and Force.com used to customize data model and user interface example- iPhone OS environment that can build and run apps.
Learn SalesForce Admin in 24 hrs. Download e-book now
4. What are available portals in Salesforce?
Three types of portals are available in salesforce.com
- Customer Portal.
- Partner Portal.
- Self Service Portal
Customer Portal : It enables us to utilize the capabilities of the Web as the ideal channel to deliver superior self-service.
Partner Portal : It allows partner users to login to Salesforce via a separate website than our non-partner users.
Self Service Portal : Customers will able to search organization knowledge using this portal.
Interested in learning Salesforce Admin? Well, we have the comprehensive Salesforce Admin Training to give you a head start in your career.
5. Why we used the Tab in Salesforce and mention the types of Tab?
List of tabs is there in Salesforce.com and it is placed in Tab menu
Tabs are used to access the object’s data. There are three types of Tabs in Salesforce.com
- Custom Tab.
- Visual-force Tab.
- Web Tab
6. What is the Profile? Name some Standard profile available in Salesforce?
It is similar to setting and permissions in Salesforce to perform the different functions which are defined by users. It is another way to manage to particular records.
Two types of Profile
Standard profile : Profiles created by force.com
Custom profile : Profiles created by the user.
Salesforce standard profiles are
- Standard user.
- Solution manager.
- Marketing user.
- Read only.
- System administrator
Wish to Learn SalesForce Admin? Click Here
7. How to delete or freeze users in sales force.com?
Deleting a user is not possible in sales force.com but we can deactivate the user by freezing.
Setup Administer Manage users users freeze.
8. Mention the ways to store files, documents, and images in salesforce.com?
We can store files, documents, and images in sales force.com in 5 types
- Google drive.
- Chatter Files
Do you know why Salesforce is the most sought-after CRM tool? Find out in this blog post.
9. Give one-word answers to following questions.
a. In visual Force page how many field dependencies used?
b. Two users can have the same profile in Salesforce?
c. Which fields can’t be added as a custom index?
d. Can we edit a formula field value in a record?
e. Can we use sharing rules to restrict data access?
a.10 field dependencies
c. Formula field
Download latest questions asked on SalesForce Admin in top MNC's ?
10. How to set the Login hours and Login IP ranges to the users in Salesforce ?
Login hours- If Login hours set in an organization, then it restricts to log in before or after login hours.
Setup | Administration | Manage users | Profiles.
Login IP – It helps to restrict the unauthorized IP addresses login attempt.
Setup | Administration setup | Manage users | Profiles.
11. List out the characteristics and functions of Roll-up summary field?
Characteristics of Roll-up summary field
- It can be created for Master-detail Relationship but can’t create for Look-up Relationship.
- Auto numbers are not available here.
- We can’t change field type in the roll-up summary field.
- It derives data from child object.
The functions of Roll-up summary fields are
12. What are the different kinds of reports in Salesforce?
The different kind of reports in sales force is
Tabular Report : It is similar to spreadsheet and this report is the simplest and fastest way to see the data. Tabular reports are best to creating the lists of record.
Summary Report : It is similar to tabular report, but allows users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts.
Matrix Report : It is similar to the summary report, but it allows users to group and summarize data by both rows and columns.
Joined Report : Joined reports let we create multiple report blocks that provide different views of our data and each blocks act as a sub-report.
13. Define dynamic dashboards? Can we schedule dynamic dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards help us to display the set of metrics in an organization. It is created to provide security settings for dashboards at salesforce.com
Two setting options in dashboards
- Run as specified user.
- Run as Logged-in User
14. Name the different workflow components in salesforce.com
There are 5 workflow components in salesforce.com
- Workflow rules.
- Workflow tasks.
- Workflow Email alerts.
- Workflow field updates.
- Workflow outbound messages
15. What are the limitations of Time-dependent workflow?
Limitations of Time-dependent workflow
- Time triggers doesn’t support minutes or seconds.
- Time triggers cannot reference when Formula fields that include related-object merge fields.
- We can’t add or remove the time triggers if
- Workflow rule is active.
- Workflow rule included in a package
16. How many ways to call the Apex class?
Four ways to call the Apex class.
- Visual page.
- Web service.
- Email services
17. How to insert multiple records at a time?
public class insert50
public void p1()
List lstExample = new List();
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example1’,city_c=’City1’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example2’,city_c=’City2’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example3’,city_c=’City3’);
18. When we use the data loader?
We are using the data loader when
- We need to load more than 50 thousand records and lesser than 50 thousand.
- We need to load into an object that is not yet supported by web-based importing.
- We want to be able to save multiple mapping files for future use.
- We want to export our data for backup purposes.
- We want to prevent duplicates by uploading the records.
19. Define SAAS
Abbreviation of SAAS is “software as a service”, here the cloud service provides the software which we are not ready to purchase, to develop the application. It supports web services and service oriented architecture
Top SAAS providers are
- App Dynamics.
20. Define PAAS ?
Abbreviation of PAAS
is “platform as a service”, here the cloud service provides an operating system (OS), hardware, storage and network services through the cloud, but we have to pay to service providers based on subscription like rental services.
Top PAAS providers are
- AWS-Elastic Beanstalk.
- Appistry – cloudQ platform.
- CA technologies.
- Engine Yard
21. Define IAAS ?
Abbreviation of IAAS is “infrastructure as a service”, here the cloud service provides the infrastructure like servers, hosting service and storage.
Top IAAS Providers
- CA Technologies.
- Eucalyptus systems