As digitalization has progressed, it is generally seen that fewer people prefer shopping in person in the markets, and an increasing number of people are doing so for themselves and their families. You can reach a larger audience in a shorter period of time. Due to such humongous benefits of digital marketing, many branding experts and working professionals are taking digital marketing course certifications.
And a large amount of audience can be found online, therefore the best way to reach out to customers is by advertising online.
Technological advances have resulted in considerable attrition of the customer base of traditional marketing agencies and departments.
People have moved on to tablets, phones, and computers, which are the areas where digital marketers have gained the most ground.
Let’s explore how people have aced their careers through Digital Marketing but before that let’s clarify the basics of Digital Marketing.
Table Of Contents:
Check out this YouTube video to go through a full course on Digital Marketing:
What is Digital Marketing?
All the marketing techniques done through the internet or devices having the Internet come under Digital Marketing.
- In a very short period of time, people who used to shop in physical shops and showrooms shifted to online shopping platforms.
- Digital marketers have made extreme progress in the areas where people are very much familiar with tablets, phones, and computers.
- The online marketing process where brands are promoted through ads, using different communication mediums like televisions, Instagram ads, etc is named Digital Marketing.
- In Digital Marketing, products are advertised using a variety of digital channels, including social media platforms, mobile devices, and various websites.
- The wide field of Digital Marketing includes attracting customers using email, content marketing, search engines, social media, and more.
- There always remains a huge competition between digital marketers so they need to become extraordinary. This will help their customers to also buy from them.
- For instance, Amazon and Flipkart, both are online shopping sites but how would a customer choose one? Yes, obviously he’ll compare the quality, price, and other factors.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Advantages of Digital Marketing
We already have talked about what Digital Marketing is and also that Digital Marketing has come a long way. Talking about the advantages of Digital Marketing, there are many.
Let’s discuss a few of them
1. Low Cost
A traditional market requires a huge setup and takes a huge cost for that setup.
But no huge setup is required when talking about Digital Marketing and the digital exchange of goods.
Not only locally but globally exchanging them too, Digital Marketing provides you with various cost-effective ways.
Don’t miss the top digital marketing interview questions to crack any interview!
2. Global Coverage
Traditional markets are available only at the places they are made at. A shop or a showroom from a different city can not walk and come to you.
But Digital Marketing has made things from various cities available to you at your place.
3. Easy exchange of goods
The process of buying and selling becomes easier from both ends. The seller sends the goods through transportation to the customer and the customer gets them sitting at home.
He has to do no hustle to get his items. A delivery partner comes, rings the bell, and provides you with your products.
Intellipaat provides the best Digital Marketing Training in Bangalore for its learners.
Digital Marketing Case Studies
Various companies, startups, and individuals earned success through different Digital Marketing strategies. They aced their careers and made it to great achievements.
Let’s explore and discuss their journey and steps to success.
- It started with an app.
- This app connected the public to various restaurants and provided them with their choice of food at their doorstep.
- This application turned over their whole business.
- People used the application more and more and Swiggy grew more towards success.
- They used new techniques like sending them texts which would pull them towards buying the food. These texts are “Ghar ka khana Khao “, and “Hungry? Pamper yourself with something delicious“.
- The food delivery revenue of Swiggy grew 56% from April to March.
- In October 2019, Lay’s which is a potato chip-selling company started a campaign named “Smile Deke Dekho“.
- The idea behind this was that ‘ a smile can unite people from all over the world globally’.
- They distributed 350 customized packets to the influencers.
- They promoted the brand with the help of influencers through different social media platforms.
- This came out to be a great idea which happened to be a great success.
- The marketing techniques they chose resulted in a good way of not only bringing smiles to their face but also increasing their customers.
- The annual revenue of Lay’s as per research in 2021 is $500 Million and the net profit equals $67 Million in 2020.
- McDonald’s is basically a famous burger-selling company. It sells hamburgers, wraps, and other different items.
- McDonald’s was the first one to introduce us to a Happy Meal and not only this, they have a unique Joker-like statue sitting on a bench outside the outlets, people click a picture along with it and post it on their social media accounts.
- This plays a major role in their promotion. McDonald’s always keeps its social media account updated and keeps posting regularly and is active on all its accounts.
- The content they post on Instagram is attractive and engaging.
Want to learn google analytics from experts? Sign up for this Google Analytics certification training in Melbourne.
- Spotify is a renowned company that is known for audio streaming and providing media services.
- It has around 433 million users who are active monthly and 188 million out of these are paying subscribers.
- Spotify was accused by a few singers like Taylor Swift as it was a ‘Freemium‘ application that was providing free music listening to the public.
- The only aspect of Spotify that the general people did not appreciate was the in-between advertising that disrupted the musical flow.
- Therefore, they came up with a premium version of the application which is ad-free, and now has millions of subscribers paying for it.
- Cadbury is a famous chocolate-selling company that started by selling chocolate drinks and now has a number of products of its brand.
- It advertises using taglines that attract customers, for example, ‘Kuch meetha Ho Jaye‘.
- The campaign named “Maa Kabhi retired ni Hoti“ attracted a large number of customers.
- Cadbury has different accounts on social media for its different products and all of them have a great number of followers and the engagement rate of all of them is great.
- It is known to be India’s favorite chocolate and all of its products may be chocolates or gems or toffees or bournvita, all of them are loved by children as well as adults.
- Starbucks started with a campaign named Tweet-a-coffee.
- In order to buy someone a coffee on Twitter, users could participate in this campaign by tweeting @tweetacoffee along with their friend’s handle.
- This would grant them a $5 gift card and allow them to link their Starbucks account to their Twitter account.
- The major strategy they worked on to target the customers was by writing the name of the customers on their cups or glasses.
- And the customers clicked pictures of the same and posted them on their social media accounts.
- Coca-Cola is the leading soft drinks company. Research said that 95% of the population knows about its logo.
- Earlier Coca Cola could only sell just a few bottles in a day but, as time flew and its marketing strategy worked, it became a successful leading brand.
- They analyzed that their product named Coke Zero was not bought much, so they collaborated with a famous Bollywood actress ‘Kriti Sanon’ to promote Coke Zero.
- Also, with the help of campaigns and their engagement in social media, they touched the heights of success.
So, have you decided to pursue a career in Digital Marketing? For further information, please see our Digital Marketing Training.
With the use of Digital Marketing, numerous other individuals and businesses have had remarkable success. Some of them used Digital Marketing to help them start from scratch while others used it to assist those who were experiencing loss.
Hope, this blog helped you to know about various Digital Marketing strategies used by various people.
Join Intellipaat’s Digital Marketing Community for more queries.