Salesforce Admin industry is predicted to raise US$5 billion by 2020 from a sum of about US$180 million. Hence, a lot of major organizations are looking for certified Salesforce Admin professionals. This Salesforce Admin Interview Questions blog consists of the top questions that are generally asked during Salesforce Admin job interviews. Following are the questions that will give you an edge in your job interviews:
Q1. Explain Salesforce Admin characteristics.
Q2. Expand CRM and explain.
Q3. Distinguish between Salesforce.com and Force.com.
Q4. What are the available portals in Salesforce?
Q5. Why do we use Tabs in Salesforce? Mention the types of Tabs.
Q6. What is Profile? Mention the types of Profiles available in Salesforce.
Q7. How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
Q8. Mention the ways to store files, documents, and images in Salesforce.com.
Q9. Give one-word answers to the following questions:
Q10. How to set the Login Hours and Login IP ranges for the users in Salesforce?
Following are the three parts into which this Salesforce Admin Interview Questions blog is categorized:
Check out this video on Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers:
Basic Interview Questions
1. Explain Salesforce Admin characteristics.
|Characteristics||Salesforce Admin 201|
|What do we learn?||Workflow, field creation, and management|
|Who can learn?||System Admin, Architect, and Security Analyst|
|What is the average annual salary?||US$82,000|
2. Expand CRM and explain.
The expansion of CRM is ‘Customer Relationship Management.’
CRM is an application that helps automate or digitize marketing functions. With this software, companies can plan to increase their profits and revenues. This strategy of incrementing revenue and profit is made by attracting customers, clients, and sales. The important concept of CRM is customer value.
There are four CRM initiatives as below:
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Customer churn
- Customer win-back
3. Distinguish between Salesforce.com and Force.com.
Both are relatively the same but different in their functionality.
- Salesforce.com helps build CRM-functionality-based applications, e.g., an iPhone ‘app’ that stores contact details, makes phone calls, and has all the other standard functions of a phone.
- Force.com is used to customize a data model and a user interface, e.g., an iPhone OS environment that can build and run apps.
Check out this insightful Salesforce Tutorial to learn more about Salesforce!
4. What are the available portals in Salesforce?
Three types of portals are available in Salesforce.com:
- Customer portal: It enables us to utilize the capabilities of the web as the ideal channel to deliver superior self-service.
- Partner portal: It allows partner users to log in to Salesforce via a separate website than that is used for our non-partner users.
- Self-service portal: Customers will be able to search for details about the organization using this portal.
From Intellipaat’s Salesforce Course in London, get a clear understanding of Salesforce!
5. Why do we use Tabs in Salesforce? Mention the types of Tabs.
In Salesforce.com, a list of tabs is placed in the Tab menu. Tabs are used to access an object’s data.
There are three types of tabs:
- Custom tab
- Visualforce tab
- Web tab
Intermediate Interview Questions
6. What is Profile? Mention the types of Profiles available in Salesforce.
A profile is similar to settings and permissions in Salesforce. It is used to perform different functions that are defined by users. It is another way to manage particular records.
There are two types of profiles:
- Standard profiles: Profiles created by Force.com
- Custom profiles: Profiles created by users
Salesforce standard profiles are:
- Standard User
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
- System Administrator
Know more about Why you should go for the Salesforce Certification Training?
7. How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
Deleting a user is not possible in Salesforce.com, but we can deactivate the user by using the Freeze option.
To freeze a user, go to:
Setup > Manage Users > Users
Find and click on the user and then click on Freeze
Watch the below Salesforce Admin tutorial to learn more:
8. Mention the ways to store files, documents, and images in Salesforce.com.
We can store files, documents, and images in Salesforce.com as below:
- Google Drive
- Chatter Files
Do you know why Salesforce is the most sought-after CRM tool? Find out in this blog!
9. Give one-word answers to the following questions:
a. In the Visualforce page, how many field dependencies are used?
b. Can two users have the same profile in Salesforce?
c. Which field cannot be added as a custom index?
d. Can we edit a formula field value in a record?
e. Can we use sharing rules to restrict data access?
a.10 field dependencies
c. Formula field
Now, you are aware of the benefits of Salesforce. For more, enroll in the Salesforce Course now!
10. How to set the Login Hours and Login IP ranges for the users in Salesforce?
Login Hours: If Login Hours is set in an organization, then it restricts the login before or after login hours.
Setup | Administration | Manage users | Profiles
Login IP: It helps restrict the login attempt from unauthorized IP addresses.
Setup | Administration setup | Manage users | Profiles
11. List the characteristics and functions of a Roll-up Summary field.
Characteristics of a roll-up summary field:
- It can be created for a Master–Detail relationship but not for a Lookup relationship.
- Auto numbers are not available here.
- We cannot change the field type in a roll-up summary field.
- It derives data from the Child object.
Functions of the roll-up summary field:
12. What are the different kinds of Reports in Salesforce?
Different kinds of reports in Salesforce are:
- Tabular Report: It is similar to a spreadsheet and is the simplest and fastest way to see data. Tabular reports are the best to create lists of records.
- Summary Report: It is similar to a tabular report but allows users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts.
- Matrix Report: It is similar to a summary report, but it allows users to group and summarize data by both rows and columns.
- Joined Report: Joined reports let us create multiple report blocks that provide different views of our data and each block acts as a subreport.
13. Define Dynamic Dashboards. Can we schedule Dynamic Dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards help us display the set of metrics in an organization. They are created to provide security settings for dashboards at Salesforce.com.
Two setting options are there in dynamic dashboards:
- Run as a specified user
- Run as the logged-in user
Learn more about Salesforce from this Salesforce Training in New York to get ahead in your career!
14. Name the different Workflow components in Salesforce.com.
There are five workflow components in Salesforce.com:
- Workflow Rules
- Workflow Tasks
- Workflow Email Alerts
- Workflow Field Updates
- Workflow Outbound Messages
Interested in learning Salesforce? Learn more from our Salesforce Training in Sydney!
15. What are the limitations of a Time-dependent Workflow?
Limitations of a time-dependent workflow are as follows:
- Time triggers do not support minutes or seconds.
- Time triggers cannot reference when formula fields that include related-object merge fields.
- We cannot add or remove a time trigger if:
- The workflow rule is active
- The workflow rule is included in the package
Visit Salesforce Community and get all your queries resolved!
16. How many ways are there to call an Apex class?
There are four ways to call an Apex class:
- Visual page
- Web service
- Email services
Become a master of Salesforce by going through this online Salesforce Course in Toronto!
Advanced Interview Questions
17. How to insert multiple records at a time?
public class insert50
public void p1()
List lstExample = new List();
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example1’,city_c=’City1’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example2’,city_c=’City2’);
objTest = new Example_c(name=’Example3’,city_c=’City3’);
18. When do we use Data Loader?
We use Data Loader when:
- We need to load more than 50,000 to less than 5,000,000 records
- We need to load into an object that is not yet supported by web-based importing
- We want to be able to save multiple mapping files for future use
- We want to export our data for backup purposes
- We want to prevent duplicates by uploading the records
Get certified from the top Salesforce Course in Singapore now!
19. Define SaaS.
In Software as a Service (SaaS), the cloud service provides software that we need to develop an application, saving us from purchasing it. SaaS supports web services and service-oriented architecture.
Top SaaS providers are:
Learn complete concepts of Salesforce from this Salesforce Training at Hyderabad in just 24 hours!
20. Define PaaS.
In Platform as a Service (PaaS), the cloud service provides an operating system (OS), hardware, storage, and network services through the cloud, but we have to pay to the service providers based on our subscription, like the rental services.
Top PaaS providers are:
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Appistry (Cloud)
- CA Technologies
- Engine Yard
21. Define IaaS.
In Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), the cloud service provides the infrastructure, such as servers, hosting service, and storage.
Top IaaS providers are:
- CA Technologies
Are you interested in learning Salesforce from experts? Enroll in our Salesforce Course in Bangalore today!
22. What are the different Salesforce editions?
- Essentials: The Salesforce Essentials edition is specially designed for small-scale businesses. It consists of an easy-to-use UI. There are various tools in the edition that help customize it according to business needs.
- Professional: This edition is built for businesses that require most of the CRM functionality. It has features such as easy customization and integration with other technologies. Also, it consists of administration tools that help in the deployment of a small-scale application.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise edition is built for large-scale businesses. It provides advanced customization tools. The administration tools of the Enterprise edition help large-scale deployment. The edition allows access to the features of the Salesforce API.
- Unlimited: This edition consists of extremely advanced features that help maximize usage. The Unlimited edition of Salesforce allows for the efficient management of business resources that can be provided instantly on-demand. Also, it provides premier support, high storage limit, an increased number of custom apps, and many more features.
- Developer: The Developer edition gives access to APIs and the Lightning Platform. It provides tools that allow developers to customize the Salesforce platform and integrate with other technologies and applications. Also, the edition consists of those features that are present in the Enterprise edition.
23. What are login hours and login IP ranges in Salesforce?
Salesforce applications provide features such as login hours and login IP ranges.
Login hours : In an organization, the schedule for login and logout is set to define the time limit and working hours. It flags the user who does not follow the schedule. To set the login hours for an organization in a Salesforce platform, go to:
Setup > Administration > Manage Users > Profiles
Login IP ranges: If a user tries to login via an unknown IP, then the organization is alerted, and it can restrict the user to do so. Organizations use IP ranges to maintain secure access so that they can prevent any kind of loss. For setting up the login IP ranges, go to:
Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles
24. What is field-level security and how can it be controlled?
Field-level security helps control the accessibility of a user to a particular data field. Suppose, if an organization is providing a user with the access to see, edit, manipulate, or delete a data object specific to the user’s field of work, it can hide other data objects from the user.
To control the field-level security, we use profile and permission sets. The attributes of profile and permission sets are mentioned below:
- Page layouts
- IP ranges
- Login hours
- Client access
- App permissions
- Record types
- Tab settings
- Assigned apps
- Object permissions
- Field-level security
- Apex classes
- Visualforce pages
25. What is a custom metadata type?
The custom metadata type stores information about an organization. It is a type of custom object that can be customized, deployed, packaged, and upgraded. It helps use data for configuring the application without fretting about data migration. Rather than transferring the custom metadata type manually, it can be deployed using a Sandbox.
26. What is the difference between managed and unmanaged packages?
|Attribute||Managed Packages||Unmanaged Packages|
|Customization||The code or metadata cannot be changed||If required, the code and metadata can be customized|
|Upgrades||The solution is upgraded by the provider||For upgrading, we should replace the previous version with the new version|
|Org Limits||There is no limit for the usage of app, tabs, and objects||The packages set limits for the usage of apps, tabs, and objects|